PDA

View Full Version : Keving Brown pulls a gun out

Soxfan#1
08-18-2006, 03:08 PM
A neighbor accused retired All-Star pitcher Kevin Brown of pulling a pistol during a dispute over yard debris, officials said.

Michael Haws, whose property backs up to Brown's multimillion-dollar estate, called Bibb County sheriff's deputies Monday after an argument. He said it began when he found Brown throwing grass clippings over the fence into Haws' yard.

Haws told deputies that Brown pulled a gun and warned him against coming onto Brown's property, but did not point the gun at him.

Brown, baseball's first "$100 million-dollar man," told deputies that he carries a gun while strolling through the woods because he often sees snakes and had seen one the previous day.

"The guy admits he was dumping stuff on my property," Brown told The Associated Press. "I have more than a few neighbors. Some of them dump trash onto my property. If I see it I'll put a limb over the fence into their yard. It's a subtle way of saying 'please stop dumping."'

"He got irate and he threatened me, he's threatening to take me out. I stepped back away from the fence, took the gun out of my pocket and held it by my side. I think it was something anybody would have done in my situation."

Brown, who once broke his left hand punching the wall outside Yankees manager Joe Torre's office, told investigators that it was Haws who threw yard debris onto his property. He said he found clippings on his side of the fence and tossed a couple of fistfuls back into Haws' yard, the deputies' report stated.

Neither wanted to press charges, the report stated. Deputies said Brown resolved to "put up a taller fence" and Haws said he planned to buy a mulching mower.

Brown, 41, a middle Georgia native who pitched for Georgia Tech, was drafted fourth overall by the Texas Rangers in 1986. He also played for the Baltimore Orioles, Florida Marlins and San Diego Padres before signing a seven-year, $105 million contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers after the 1998 season.

The right-hander went to the Yankees in a December 2003 trade and went 10-6 with a 4.09 ERA the following season but experienced health problems. Toward the end of the season, he broke his hand outside Torre's office. Brown did pitch in the post-season, lasting less than two innings against the Red Sox in Game 7 of the 2004 AL Championship Series.

He missed several games in 2005 due to injury and finished 4-7 with a 6.50 ERA. Brown announced his retirement in February after a 19-year major league career with a record of 211-144

AlexanderTheGreat13
08-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Looks like hes adjusting to life after baseball well.

Youk Of The Nation
08-18-2006, 03:44 PM
This just in: Apparently Kevin Brown mows his own lawn.

Also, shooting snakes roughly the size of garden hoses is easy.

jsinger121
08-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Is he available to pitch for the sox? I mean he can't be as bad as JJ or Snyder.

Soxfan#1
08-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Shut up.

26 to 6
08-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Honestly, for some reason, I buy Brown's story. :lol: As odd as it sounds, I can definately see some prick neighbor throwing stuff onto his yard, and then when he throws it back getting mad. The neighbor probably saw the gun, and decided to use it to his advantage.

Who knows though. Funny stuff.

rician blast
08-21-2006, 08:11 AM
where the f*ck is this guy living? C'mon, should be loaded, yet he's got neighbors like this? Even if the conflict was the other dudes fault, baseball's "first $100m man" should be living large with celebs as neighbors and have a gardener, poolgirl, and maids.

What a loser he is.

Mr Crunchy
08-21-2006, 08:31 AM
brownie is a texan
something very funny in the water down there,could be the pollution from mexico thats got him all fucked up

ARod2212
08-21-2006, 10:10 AM
I can see Brown now.

"I've had it. I'm tired of these motherfuckin' snakes on my motherfuckin' lawn!"

Coco's Disciples
08-21-2006, 10:16 AM
:lol:

26 to 6
08-21-2006, 10:32 AM
where the f*ck is this guy living? C'mon, should be loaded, yet he's got neighbors like this? Even if the conflict was the other dudes fault, baseball's "first $100m man" should be living large with celebs as neighbors and have a gardener, poolgirl, and maids.

What a loser he is.
He's living in Georgia.

schillingouttheks
08-21-2006, 11:06 AM
I can see Brown now.

"I've had it. I'm tired of these motherfuckin' snakes on my motherfuckin' lawn!"
:lol:

Youk Of The Nation
08-21-2006, 04:19 PM
I can see Brown now.

Post of the MONTH.