PDA

View Full Version : We have to start having some regulations for new users....

SCM33
08-24-2006, 06:47 PM
I haven't logged on in a few days and I was browsing through the fights and crap section. Holy shit I think I almost had a seizure. I think there needs to be some kind of a limit as to the number of posts a member has before they can start their own thread.

This is really starting to get out of hand (as it usually does when the sox start sucking, or NY comes to town). I think that most of the posters who have been around a little while now can agree that we don't need this bullcrap. It really frustrates me and makes me not want to post here.

Isn't there anything we can do to clean up some of these useless people we have signing up everyday and littering this nice place to post with their garbage? I know we can block them, but I think my block list would get a little extensive.

I think there should be some sort of guidelines about when new members can start threads or even post. I think that maybe it should be a little bit like SOSH where we have to put a little thought into our registration form and depending on the quality of the registration, decide whether or not to accept the registration to have posting abilities.

Anyone feel similar to this after the shit thats been going on here lately? Let's keep this a good clean fun place to post.

Papelbon58
08-24-2006, 07:18 PM
well, even though it was like 20th thread started about pretty much the same thing, I think we have a winner on an idea there. I definitely think a new member should have to make posts somewhere to show something at least before they can make their own thread (unless it is an introduce yourself)

Coco's Disciples
08-24-2006, 07:24 PM
What if they just bullshit the registration? It's a good idea but its flawed.

schillingouttheks
08-24-2006, 08:39 PM
It's the internet. No matter what you do, it will be flawed.

SCM33
08-24-2006, 10:15 PM
What if they just bullshit the registration? It's a good idea but its flawed.

I dont think people would put a lot of effort in to a registration....only to make 1 single post and then be banned. I mean, who wants to write a three paragraph registration form only to make one single comment like "REDSOX SUCK" only to be banned?

I still think it is a better option than what we have going on now, at least SOME of those idiots would rather do something else with their time.

Soxfan#1
08-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Theres nothing wrong with the process we have now. We are not sosh nor do i think we want to be.