PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod's SI Article

ARod2212
09-19-2006, 05:34 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/magazine/09/19/arod0925/index.html

I just heard about it, but have yet to thumb through it. Apparently controversial.

Cityofchampions33
09-19-2006, 05:46 PM
I agree with this stament evry much:
But then Rodriguez has long been the major league equivalent of the prettiest girl in high school who also gets straight A's, which is to say he is viewed with equal parts admiration and resentment.

I get wicked annoyed at this:
-"I can't help that I'm a bright person"
-"If I can look back," says A-Rod, "and see I made 25 errors, hit .285 and drove in 125, I mean, has God really been that bad to me?"
STFU you egotistcial prick, your makin 20 million dollars a year, don't act like God has been bas to you.

-Before Giambi went to Torre, he had scolded Rodriguez after a 13-5 win in Boston on Aug. 19. Irked that Rodriguez left four runners on base in the first three innings against a shaky Josh Beckett, Giambi thought A-Rod needed to be challenged. "We're all rooting for you and we're behind you 100 percent," Giambi recalls telling Rodriguez, "but you've got to get the big hit."

"What do you mean?" was Rodriguez's response, according to Giambi. "I've had five hits in Boston."

"You f------ call those hits?" Giambi said. "You had two f------ dinkers to rightfield and a ball that bounced over the third baseman! Look at how many pitches you missed!

"When you hit three, four or five [in the order], you have to get the big hits, especially if they're going to walk Bobby [Abreu] and me. I'll help you out until you get going. I'll look to drive in runs when they pitch around me, go after that 3-and-1 pitch that might be a ball. But if they're going to walk Bobby and me, you're going to have to be the guy."

(Asked about Giambi's pep talk, Rodriguez said he could not remember what was discussed, though he added, "I'm sure we had a conversation.")

YanksHater213
09-19-2006, 06:06 PM
a-rod is a pussy.

there, i said it.

26 Reasons to Hate Us
09-19-2006, 06:27 PM
-"If I can look back," says A-Rod, "and see I made 25 errors, hit .285 and drove in 125, I mean, has God really been that bad to me?"
STFU you egotistcial prick, your makin 20 million dollars a year, don't act like God has been bas to you.

I think you misread that part.

Overall a very well written article and a rare look into the goings-on of the Yankee locker room. A-Rod seems like he is aloof and out of touch with his team/team mates and even his own emotions. He detaches himself from the situation, and even goes into denial instead of addressing his bad play.

I truly believe the fans wouldn't get on him so much if he showed some anger out there instead of acting like he didn't care when he struck out. Go break shit in the dugout a la Paul O'Neill and show us you have a pair. He needs to hire a shrink and get over this.

Cityofchampions33
09-19-2006, 07:13 PM
I agree teh article is very well written, and I just saw that quote udner one of his pictures, it was used as a caption. Sometimes hes just so me, me, me it makes em wodner how texas put up with him.

ORS
09-19-2006, 07:25 PM
I think you misread that part.

Overall a very well written article and a rare look into the goings-on of the Yankee locker room. A-Rod seems like he is aloof and out of touch with his team/team mates and even his own emotions. He detaches himself from the situation, and even goes into denial instead of addressing his bad play.

I truly believe the fans wouldn't get on him so much if he showed some anger out there instead of acting like he didn't care when he struck out. Go break shit in the dugout a la Paul O'Neill and show us you have a pair. He needs to hire a shrink and get over this.
A little late there, Sparky. He's had one of those on board since his career began. He needs to drop the PR machine and stop caring about what everyone thinks. He walks, talks, acts, and waffles like a politician out kissing babies. He's a ball player, and that's what he needs to be, not everyone's friend.

26 Reasons to Hate Us
09-20-2006, 07:46 AM
A little late there, Sparky. He's had one of those on board since his career began. He needs to drop the PR machine and stop caring about what everyone thinks. He walks, talks, acts, and waffles like a politician out kissing babies. He's a ball player, and that's what he needs to be, not everyone's friend.

here is a nice followup article by Verducci

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/tom_verducci/09/19/a.rod/index.html

On his reliance on a sports psychologist: "I don't."

You don't talk about it or you don't talk to him? "Both."

:dunno:

mtbykr
09-20-2006, 11:52 AM

Well said!

Mr Crunchy
09-20-2006, 12:41 PM
i hear his image consultants are beating down doors trying to resolve this slanderous attack on this man of courage and character...

and to think
if it wasnt for steenbergers resolve in stopping the sox from adding arod at the expense of manny??
this head case douchebag would be our problem at 25,000,000.00 per year

rician blast
09-20-2006, 01:49 PM
you bastards.

revelling in Mr. Rod's dispair. That's horrible.

I for one now see the depth of his plight and must say I teared up when reading the SI article. poor fella...he can't help it if he's bright and athletically gifted.

Mr Crunchy
09-20-2006, 01:58 PM
and amazingly handsome as well as a good dancer

Cityofchampions33
09-20-2006, 02:47 PM

well said, he shouldnt try to be everyones friend, even though hes doing a terrible job trying to anwyay

rician blast
09-20-2006, 08:50 PM
and amazingly handsome as well as a good dancer

he is dreamy, the purple-lipped boy wonder.

Cityofchampions33
09-20-2006, 09:16 PM
yea, he just pisses me off

riverside sluggers
09-21-2006, 08:49 AM
It seems now there is rumblings of the Angels wanting in on Alex Rodriguez this offseason (ah that offseason trade rumor mill is coming back)

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_4371626

--------------------------

"In December 2003, when the Red Sox were frantically trying to acquire Rodriguez from the Texas Rangers, several Boston executives called on Rodriguez in his New York hotel suite after 1 a.m. Rodriguez answered the door in a perfectly pressed suit, tie knotted tight to his stiff collar. The Red Sox officials found such polished attire at such a late hour odd, even unsettling..." :lol:

" 'Mussina doesn't get hammered at all,' Rodriguez said. 'He's making a boatload of money. Giambi's making [$20.4 million], which is fine and dandy, but it seems those guys get a pass. When people write [bad things] about me, I don't know if it's [because] I'm good-looking, I'm biracial, I make the most money, I play on the most popular team....

schillingouttheks
09-21-2006, 09:14 AM
What does that quote have anything to do with the Angels wanting A-Rod?

riverside sluggers
09-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Nothing thats why I put this under it

----------------------------

I dont like doing double posts

ARod2212
09-22-2006, 01:54 PM
What does that quote have anything to do with the Angels wanting A-Rod? This is what I got on A-Rod's fantasy news and notes on Yahoo.

Sep 21 The Los Angeles Daily News' Doug Padilla is reporting the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim may make a serious run at acquiring 3B Alex Rodriguez from the New York Yankees if Rodriguez requests a trade or the Yankees decide to shop him around. If the deal goes through, the Yankees figure to ask for no less than SP Ervin Santana, RP Scot Shields, OF Chone Figgins and a high-level prospect.

They're not trading A-Rod anyway. It's a non issue.

rician blast
09-22-2006, 02:13 PM
This is what I got on A-Rod's fantasy news and notes on Yahoo.

They're not trading A-Rod anyway. It's a non issue.

plus they'd NEVER get that much in return even if they ate his salary.

Jon_Papelboner
09-22-2006, 05:52 PM
It seems now there is rumblings of the Angels wanting in on Alex Rodriguez this offseason (ah that offseason trade rumor mill is coming back)

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_4371626

--------------------------

I hope he goes there. Relieve this taxing curse that is A rod please.

ORS
09-22-2006, 05:55 PM
He'd be a great fit in L.A. It's the perfect place for good-looking, multi-racial, well-paid, bright people.

Jon_Papelboner
09-22-2006, 05:58 PM
He'd be a great fit in L.A. It's the perfect place for good-looking, multi-racial, well-paid, bright people.

Any place not named NY is a good fit.