2-SS Jeter
3-RF Abreu
4-DH Matsui
5-1b Giambi
6-2nd Cano
7-C Posada
8-LF Milky
9-3b ERIC DUNCAN

AROD GONE,Sheff is gone, bernie is gone, dotel is gone,moose(hate to say it) gone, pavano and wright also gone, randy will go to the retirement home where he becomes(hopefully), fransworth gone,lidle(RIP)

this is just some of the changes the NYY are going to have to do this offseason if they ever want to even think about contending in the WS in 07

ORS
10-16-2006, 06:44 PM
What do we need to do to get this guy in charge in NY? That would be the best thing possible for the Red Sox.

Sure, dump the most talented player because of a bad postseason series. While you are at it, start your 4th OF. And, to top it off, let a kid who more than likely needs a 3rd trip to AA be the starting 3B. I love it. Too bad it won't come true.

Jon_Papelboner
10-16-2006, 09:02 PM
What do we need to do to get this guy in charge in NY? That would be the best thing possible for the Red Sox.

Sure, dump the most talented player because of a bad postseason series. While you are at it, start your 4th OF. And, to top it off, let a kid who more than likely needs a 3rd trip to AA be the starting 3B. I love it. Too bad it won't come true.

3 bad postseason series. Why have someone on your team that you can't win with? I agree with the thread starter that he has to go, but Duncan is not the answer.

example1
10-16-2006, 09:23 PM
3 bad postseason series. Why have someone on your team that you can't win with? I agree with the thread starter that he has to go, but Duncan is not the answer.

I just don't think its possible to prove that a consistent .290, 30, 125 SS doesn't help his team win. Even if he chokes in nearly every playoff at bat, the point is that he helped his team get there. The Yankees should dump Sheffield, RJ and Mussina. They can give up on A-Rod, but I will be very happy if they do. Despite his suckitude, A-Rod still makes me nervous when he hits, just like Giambi, just like Matsui, just like Jeter.

ORS
10-17-2006, 05:25 AM
So what if it's 3 bad series, and its actually more like 2 bad series and 4 bad games in '04, he's still the most talented player on the team. Personally, I hope like hell they get rid of him because that will make the Sox chances of winning the division that much greater. He's a trancendent talent, and you want to trade him in a panic move? If we can get tweedle-dee to be the GM, can we get your tweedle-dumbass to be in charge of scouting?

26 to 6
10-17-2006, 03:57 PM
starting lineup of the New York Yankees

1-CF damon
2-SS Jeter
3-RF Abreu
4-DH Matsui
5-1b Giambi
6-2nd Cano
7-C Posada
8-LF Milky
9-3b ERIC DUNCAN

AROD GONE,Sheff is gone, bernie is gone, dotel is gone,moose(hate to say it) gone, pavano and wright also gone, randy will go to the retirement home where he becomes(hopefully), fransworth gone,lidle(RIP)

this is just some of the changes the NYY are going to have to do this offseason if they ever want to even think about contending in the WS in 07
I agree that Sheffield should be gone. RJ isn't going anywhere. Moose shouldnt go anywhere. he definately doesnt deserve to have his option picked up, but if we can bring him back at a greatly reduced salary, then we have to do it. I mean, he's been all of our stability in the rotation since 2004. granted, he's struggled with a handful of injuries and bad droughts...but he's done pretty much, for the most part, a very good job since being forced to anchor this rotation.

As for Duncan, nobody loves him more than I do, but he definately isnt ready to start out the 2007 season as the starting third baseman for the New York Yankees.

As for Bernie, I dont mind bringing him back. He's done too much for this organization and as far as i'm concerned he should be able to play here until he retires. And lets face it, it's not like hes turned into a horrible player. Before Abreu came and Bernie was platooning with the likes of Aaron Guiel and Bubba Crosby, he was playing pretty well.

CrespoBlows
10-17-2006, 04:07 PM
I would have:

1. Damon
2. Jeter
3. Bonds
4. Rodriguez
5. Giambi
6. Abreu
7. Matsui
8. Posada
9. Cano

My team would rule.

But, I hope the Yankees do exactly what the thread starter suggested, that would rule.

AlexanderTheGreat13
10-17-2006, 04:38 PM
If your going to trade A-Rod make sure you get back unquestioned value. I liked your Bonds idea Crespo. I love how all of the fans say they dont want him on their team but the second he hits a HR in a game there will be no complaints. The only problem with having Bonds on the Yankees is they have too many DH's. I'd like to move Giambi over to DH and get a 1st basemen.

Jon_Papelboner
10-18-2006, 02:52 PM
So what if it's 3 bad series, and its actually more like 2 bad series and 4 bad games in '04, he's still the most talented player on the team. Personally, I hope like hell they get rid of him because that will make the Sox chances of winning the division that much greater. He's a trancendent talent, and you want to trade him in a panic move? If we can get tweedle-dee to be the GM, can we get your tweedle-dumbass to be in charge of scouting?
So what? That's where you win. It's kind of a big deal. Now if he were to have 3 bad junes or something then yes, so what? But post season series are just a little more important than any month in the regular season. Just a little bit.

Jon_Papelboner
10-18-2006, 02:52 PM
If your going to trade A-Rod make sure you get back unquestioned value. I liked your Bonds idea Crespo. I love how all of the fans say they dont want him on their team but the second he hits a HR in a game there will be no complaints. The only problem with having Bonds on the Yankees is they have too many DH's. I'd like to move Giambi over to DH and get a 1st basemen.

A rod for Zambrano and Ramirez. Or just Zambrano, either way, Zambrano has to be going to us.

jacksonianmarch
10-18-2006, 03:15 PM
ARod should be dealt this offseason. Right now, he can still be a franchise SS and should command a top flight, young pitcher. If they wait another yr, he wont be able to.

ORS
10-18-2006, 05:22 PM
So what? That's where you win. It's kind of a big deal. Now if he were to have 3 bad junes or something then yes, so what? But post season series are just a little more important than any month in the regular season. Just a little bit.
Really. October baseball is more important than June baseball? Thanks for that revelation. People have bad games/series/weeks. Here's a news flash, they bounce back, especially really good players. ARod has a career .723 OPS in the LDS. Guess what he's done in the LCS? How about a 1.024. Maybe it's just the LDS, if he could only get beyond that? Sounds silly, right? That's because it is.

26 to 6
10-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Really. October baseball is more important than June baseball? Thanks for that revelation. People have bad games/series/weeks. Here's a news flash, they bounce back, especially really good players. ARod has a career .723 OPS in the LDS. Guess what he's done in the LCS? How about a 1.024. Maybe it's just the LDS, if he could only get beyond that? Sounds silly, right? That's because it is.
This is nothing against you ORS, just something I wanted to point out.

It's funny how a bunch of people, especially Red Sox fans, make fun of A-Rod when he goes through those stretches and insist that he'll never be good again. Or if he's in a slump,criticize him or something. The here you are defending his slumps and bad stretches. Now i'm not saying anything about you personally, but I just think it's funny how some people have the ability to realize that players are humans and go through slides where they really slump, or maybe overproduce. Some people can't comprehend that.

example1
10-18-2006, 06:32 PM

Yep. A few years back there was a player who entered the playoffs as a notorious "playoff failure" who never seemed to come through in the "clutch" despite multiple chances. His name was Manny Ramirez and he went on to win at least one series MVP, and he may have won the ALDS MVP as well in 04. Now he's seen as a "clutch" performer for sure.

I'm fine with A-Rod leaving, regressing to the mean, and being a .900-1.000 OPS guy in the playoffs for the rest of his career.

ORS
10-18-2006, 06:44 PM

It's funny how a bunch of people, especially Red Sox fans, make fun of A-Rod when he goes through those stretches and insist that he'll never be good again. Or if he's in a slump,criticize him or something. The here you are defending his slumps and bad stretches. Now i'm not saying anything about you personally, but I just think it's funny how some people have the ability to realize that players are humans and go through slides where they really slump, or maybe overproduce. Some people can't comprehend that.
I agree. Many people are only able to see what they want to be true.

I'll admit, I'll crack on ARod about his failures as a Yankee, but's only because I'm happy with the result. And, I'll be critical of how he handles it. But, I won't confuse those things into thinking that he isn't a mega-talent.

schillingouttheks
10-18-2006, 06:51 PM

A-Rods failures in clutch situations WHILE IN NEW YORK isn't merely a "slump." It's habit. I'm damn sure that he's probably the best player in baseball. When you have league average numbers in a down year, you're pretty damn good. We make fun of him when he goes through these failures because we know of his talent, and we know what type of player he is. It just never fails to humor us when he can't play like that in the spots where he needs to most. Some people just can't handle the pressure of being on the big stage, and A-Rod obviously can't. If he moved out of New York to another team, I'm sure we'd see him tearing it up again.

And, like ORS said, we're all aware of A-Rod's mega-talent. And, like I said, it's humorous when he fails to play like one in the spots where he needs to.

example1
10-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Yeah, its great when A-Rod chokes. I'm just not willing to admit that he's somehow metaphysically incapable of getting a hit in a playoff game or on the "big stage". The guy has tremendous hand-eye coordination, he's had plenty of big hits for the Yankees, and he's done well in the playoffs for the Mariners back in the day.

I'm really just waiting for the other shoe to drop and would prefer to see it drop while he's on another team.

Jon_Papelboner
10-18-2006, 10:57 PM

LOL, just stop with all this bullshit. You know he sucks in the post season, I know he sucks in the post season, we all know he sucks in the post season. Just let it go. Why you're defending a yankee is beyond my mental capacities.

ORS
10-19-2006, 04:45 AM
LOL, just stop with all this bullshit. You know he sucks in the post season, I know he sucks in the post season, we all know he sucks in the post season. Just let it go. Why you're defending a yankee is beyond my mental capacities.
Shocking.

rician blast
10-19-2006, 06:41 AM

:wtf:
Huh? Have I been imagining things? All this time I thought it was the YANKEE fans that were all over ARod, forgot that he was recently an MVP, viewed him as a pariah to the team and were practically running him out of the stadium and the town!

ARod2212
10-19-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm tired of everyone being an expert on why A-Rod has had problems. Just leave the guy alone and let him play the damn game. Trading him would be incredibly stupid.

You know why the Yankees lost? They couldn't pitch. Wright and Johnson are not going to win you 'must have' games.

They also lost because the whole lineup disappeared.

Giambi hit .125, Damon hit .235, Cano hit .133, Matsui hit .250, Sheffield hit .083, and Bernie and Melky went a combined 0-6. A-Rod could have hit .700, it still doesn't make up for the rest of them. The Yankees were beat by a team that was more prepared, had more intesity and was quite simply better built for the playoffs.

Trading A-Rod is not going to help any of those other guys get a hit in a big spot, and it's not going to change the fact that Jaret Wright is not David Cone, and Randy Johnson is not Andy Pettitte.

a700hitter
10-20-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm tired of everyone being an expert on why A-Rod has had problems. Just leave the guy alone and let him play the damn game..Why are you telling us this? Tell it to the NY Press and the booing NY Yankee fans and the Mike and the MadDog. They are the ones that have made this an issue and keep it alive. You should also write a letter to the petty jealous SS of the Yankees who despises ARod so much that whaen asked about the booing curtly answered: "I don't get paid to tell the fans who to boo and who to cheer." That's the supportive Captain Intangibles for you. Write him a letter and tell him to show ARod a little public support. He never will, because he has to be the king of NY.

rician blast
10-20-2006, 01:10 PM
...the whole lineup disappeared.

true...they haven't been seen in the post-season since October 16, 2004

ARod2212
10-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Why are you telling us this? Tell it to the NY Press and the booing NY Yankee fans and the Mike and the MadDog. They are the ones that have made this an issue and keep it alive. You should also write a letter to the petty jealous SS of the Yankees who despises ARod so much that whaen asked about the booing curtly answered: "I don't get paid to tell the fans who to boo and who to cheer." That's the supportive Captain Intangibles for you. Write him a letter and tell him to show ARod a little public support. He never will, because he has to be the king of NY.
Unfortunately I don't have Jeter's home phone number, Mike and the Mad Dog's address, nor links to the NY Media. This is where I can vent. And since I see the same shit here as I do in the papers, I can respond to it. Don't want me to criticize it, then don't say it.

a700hitter
10-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Unfortunately I don't have Jeter's home phone number, Mike and the Mad Dog's address, nor links to the NY Media. This is where I can vent. And since I see the same shit here as I do in the papers, I can respond to it. Don't want me to criticize it, then don't say it.I don't think ARod reads these Boards so there is no reason to tell us to leave him alone and play. We are also not the one who go to the toilet in the Bronx to boo him, so again I suggest that you direct your comments to Yankee fans. Maybe you should try a Yankee site.

Gom
10-22-2006, 03:46 PM
As a Yankee fan, let me tell you this...Arod hasn't "earned" the right to be protected. Secondly, why should anyone at all protect anyone? These are all men. Grow up.

I have season tickets to the Yankees, and let me tell you, the crowd cheers everything Arod does positive. We as fans, like you Red Sox fans, are very knowledgeable. We know that an Arod on fire is the BEST chance we have to win. Typically, Arod comes up, tying runs on base, and he gets a rousing cheer. He strikes out, and then gets a resounding boo.

If Arod comes up big in the clutch, NY will cheer him. The reason he gets booed is he never does.

guapo34
10-22-2006, 04:03 PM

I think its funnier when Yankee fans get on AROD and think he'll never be good again. At least us Red Sox fans can give the excuse that its wishful thinking, and getting on a player you don't want to do well. What excuse do yankee fans have?

guapo34
10-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Eric Duncan's numbers in AAA this year were:

BA: .209
OBP: .279
SLG: .255

A team with the Yankees resources shouldn't have this guy as a 4th string option. Never mind the starter.

26 to 6
10-22-2006, 07:55 PM
:wtf:
Huh? Have I been imagining things? All this time I thought it was the YANKEE fans that were all over ARod, forgot that he was recently an MVP, viewed him as a pariah to the team and were practically running him out of the stadium and the town!
I didn't say that it was limited to Red Sox fans, I just said especiaslly Red Sox fans. Too much for you to comprehend?

I think its funnier when Yankee fans get on AROD and think he'll never be good again. At least us Red Sox fans can give the excuse that its wishful thinking, and getting on a player you don't want to do well. What excuse do yankee fans have?
Jesus Christ, you guys are making wayy too big a deal out of what I said. It was just something that I was pointing out. I wasn't qyestioning why people get on him, nor was I trying to rationalize or explain it. Just an observation. Damn.

26 to 6
10-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Eric Duncan's numbers in AAA this year were:

BA: .209
OBP: .279
SLG: .255

A team with the Yankees resources shouldn't have this guy as a 4th string option. Never mind the starter.
ummm..Duncan didnt spend very much time in AAA this year. Most of it was spent at AA Trenton, where he had a pretty good year (although I dont have the numbers in front of me).

He never will, because he has to be the king of NY.

Wow, are you serious? Perhaps Jeter is NOT jealous and not hungry for the NY spotlight? Did it ever occur to you that Jeter may be upset with Alex on a personal level? Maybe he's not supportive because of how upset he is about the things A-Rod said years ago in esquire.

You ALWAYS try to determine people's motives for their actions, but the truth is you don't have a clue.

AlexanderTheGreat13
10-22-2006, 08:13 PM
I wouldnt bother 26. He has a hard on for Jeter. I dont even blame him.

a700hitter
10-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Wow, are you serious? Perhaps Jeter is NOT jealous and not hungry for the NY spotlight? Did it ever occur to you that Jeter may be upset with Alex on a personal level? Maybe he's not supportive because of how upset he is about the things A-Rod said years ago in esquire.

You ALWAYS try to determine people's motives for their actions, but the truth is you don't have a clue.I am sorry. Maybe you are right and it is just a five year grudge over some statements in an article that ARod called him about after it was published. I guess I underestimated his pettiness.

guapo34
10-22-2006, 11:17 PM
ummm..Duncan didnt spend very much time in AAA this year. Most of it was spent at AA Trenton, where he had a pretty good year (although I dont have the numbers in front of me).

Fair enough here are his pretty good numbers in AA. He had 110 ABs in AAA and 206 in AA. I used the AAA numbers because it would have been against better competition.

AVG: .248
OBP: .355
SLG: .485

He was better at working AA pitchers for walks. I think its worth noting he didn't walk as often against better pitching. Regardless he is nowhere near ready for the majors.

guapo34
10-22-2006, 11:19 PM
I didn't say that it was limited to Red Sox fans, I just said especiaslly Red Sox fans. Too much for you to comprehend?

Jesus Christ, you guys are making wayy too big a deal out of what I said. It was just something that I was pointing out. I wasn't qyestioning why people get on him, nor was I trying to rationalize or explain it. Just an observation. Damn.

You pointed something out, and I made my own observation. I was questioning why Yankee fans want to get rid of him. Gee...what an odd occurance on a message board. If you want to make your own observations and not find out what others think about them I suggest starting a blog that doesn't have a comment feature. Then no one can hold you accountable for what you say. Just make sure not to include an email too.

edit: your observation took a shot at Red Sox fans, mine too a shot at Yankee fans.

rician blast
10-23-2006, 10:03 AM

26, no not too much for me to comprehend. you stated that:

[B]It's funny how a bunch of people, especially Red Sox fans, make fun of A-Rod when he goes through those stretches and insist that he'll never be good again. Or if he's in a slump,criticize him or somethingI understand you completely[/B

Especially=particularly, primarily, etc. Your statement just isn't accurate. The fans who are crucifying ARod the worst are YANKEE FANS, not Sox or Met or Jays or O's or any other fans.

We're critical in a cynical way, yes, because his struggles are to the Sox benefit. But if you really pay attention you'll hear most Sox fans say they don't want him to wake up or snap out of it because he is so talented he could carry a team on his back.

YANKEE FANS, however, are the ones treating him as if he's all done, booing him in the big spots, saying to trade him, etc.

Don't try an project the actions of Yankee fans on the rest of us.

Gom
10-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Whats bad about Arod is that he no longer can hit the high octane fastball. His swing has slowed a bit, and this season, more than any other, I have seen him swing right through fastballs. He has slider bat speed now, and it's only going to get worse.

riverside sluggers
10-23-2006, 02:14 PM

I have to agree with the other posters

Arod has gotten much harsh treatment this past season from the NY media and yes his own Yankees fans. Yeah I guess all the numerous times where Arod got "put his head on a stake" type boos booming from Yankee Stadium came from what, Sox fans wearing NY gear? :rolleyes:

I dont as well get how you are being so frustrated that Sox fans are having their fun at a Yankee player who cant do well in the spotlight. :blink: Utterly shocked that happened amidst the biggest rivalry in the history of sports

CrespoBlows
10-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Whats bad about Arod is that he no longer can hit the high octane fastball. His swing has slowed a bit, and this season, more than any other, I have seen him swing right through fastballs. He has slider bat speed now, and it's only going to get worse.

Who are you quoting in your signature?

Gom
10-23-2006, 03:49 PM
I believe it was Dave Parker, but I'm not sure.