PDA

View Full Version : Are they prospects or pretenders?

scaffolds
01-01-2007, 04:14 PM
With the minor leaguers reporting to Ft Myers for Spring training in about two months its about time to talk about the Red Sox minor league prospects. The following is a list of Sox prospects that have talent, have put op some numbers in the minors, but there are questions about them.

1- Jeff Natale 2B
2- Chad Spann 3B
3- Brandon Moss RF
4- Jed Lowrie 2B
5- Matt Goodson RHP
6- Chris Jones RHP
7- Ian Bladergroen 1B
8- Andrew Pinkney 3B
9- Jeff Corsaletti LF
10- Gary Galvez RHP

Commnets to follow

Papelbon58
01-01-2007, 04:16 PM
I would call Lowrie a prospect beyond a shadow of a doubt, and Spann seems to be a legitimate major league prospect, the rest are iffy at best.

scaffolds
01-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Well i am going to spend more time in this later, but for now there isn't a question that Lowrie has some talent, but he may have more questions than the rest of this group. For now the only question that he has answered is that he isn't a short stop.

a700hitter
01-01-2007, 04:35 PM
The success of prospects is just so speculative that it's just not worht the investment of my energy. Hopefully, the FO knows what it is doing and will keep the good prospects and trade the rest. I remember years ago reading a spring training interview with a veteran ballplayer about prospects in camp. My recollection is the it was Carlton Fisk that gave the interview. Fisk basically said that he more or less ignored them. He felt no need to befriend them, because few if any of them would be coming north with the team. As a fan, I can't get excited about Bucholz, Bowden, Lowrie etc., because so few of these guys ever make it big. I witnessesed Lynn and Rice as Rookies, and it took me years to realize that i will never see anything like that again. It was amazing to see, but it was such a freak thing.

example1
01-01-2007, 06:07 PM
The success of prospects is just so speculative that it's just not worht the investment of my energy. Hopefully, the FO knows what it is doing and will keep the good prospects and trade the rest. I remember years ago reading a spring training interview with a veteran ballplayer about prospects in camp. My recollection is the it was Carlton Fisk that gave the interview. Fisk basically said that he more or less ignored them. He felt no need to befriend them, because few if any of them would be coming north with the team. As a fan, I can't get excited about Bucholz, Bowden, Lowrie etc., because so few of these guys ever make it big. I witnessesed Lynn and Rice as Rookies, and it took me years to realize that i will never see anything like that again. It was amazing to see, but it was such a freak thing.

Nomar was a pretty good rookie. Papelbon was a pretty good rookie. You're right cause you probably won't have two like lynn and rice for a long time.

I take a different stand with prospects than you a700. You're right that a lot of them will never make the show, but its not like they disappear into a black box for 4 years and then magically appear in the majors. With people who know the Sox as well as most of us here, its not difficult to project a prospect's trajectory into the Sox system while following those player's minor league statistics thoughout (thank you, mr. internet). For instance, a player like Jacoby Ellsbury is very likely going to be playing for the sox in a year or two. Crisp isn't good enough to hold that spot and ellsbury has too many tools to not make the bigs. From college you could just tell he was going to be playing at the top level and contributing his unique collection of skills to the club. I think the same has been true of Pedroia, who gets on base like 37% of the time at every level of full season ball he's played, or Hansen whose stuff was just too good in college to not project to the bigs.

Most of the guys listed above have had an opportunity to bust out and they have had varied levels of success.

I was hopeful about Corseletti and Lowrie but I think they could be types of players who play for a few years in AAA and maybe make a few appearances in fenway without much to show for it. :dunno: Just a guess.

AZBlue
01-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Scaffolds, I agree with all of the players on your list, but I have far fewer doubts about Moss becoming a good contributor at the major league level than any of the others.

a700hitter
01-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Nomar was a pretty good rookie. Papelbon was a pretty good rookie. You're right cause you probably won't have two like lynn and rice for a long time.

I take a different stand with prospects than you a700. You're right that a lot of them will never make the show, but its not like they disappear into a black box for 4 years and then magically appear in the majors. With people who know the Sox as well as most of us here, its not difficult to project a prospect's trajectory into the Sox system while following those player's minor league statistics thoughout (thank you, mr. internet). For instance, a player like Jacoby Ellsbury is very likely going to be playing for the sox in a year or two. Crisp isn't good enough to hold that spot and ellsbury has too many tools to not make the bigs. From college you could just tell he was going to be playing at the top level and contributing his unique collection of skills to the club. I think the same has been true of Pedroia, who gets on base like 37% of the time at every level of full season ball he's played, or Hansen whose stuff was just too good in college to not project to the bigs.

Most of the guys listed above have had an opportunity to bust out and they have had varied levels of success.

I was hopeful about Corseletti and Lowrie but I think they could be types of players who play for a few years in AAA and maybe make a few appearances in fenway without much to show for it. :dunno: Just a guess.I don't pretend to know the prospects as well as many of the posters here. It's just so speculative that it doesn't interest me. It's such an inexact science evidenced by the large percentage of first round picks that never make the majors or that make little or no impact in the majors. I can't tell you how many times throughout the years that I have heard about can't miss prospects that have fallen away without so much as a major league cup of coffee. The people who wrote or spoke about those people were every bit as sincere and knowledgeable as you are. For every Nomar there are so many that go the other way. There are almost as many tragic stories l(ike the kid who severed the tendons in his pitching hand at a funeral) as there are success stories. I hope our FO does a better job than other FO's in this regard, because it is an essential function, but I rarely if ever get excited when I hear about drafts or prospects, especially if we trade proven talent to get them. I go to ST every year, and I enjoy watching the kids, but I am rarely impressed with any of them. I like Lowrie's bat. THe others...eh. I'll let you know in March. I am hoping to get a look at Ellsbury. I haven't seen him yet. I'd like to see Bard too, and you guys have me intrigued about Bulcholz and Bowden, but don't jump ugly all over me if I tell you that I think they are nothing special or not ready after seeing them. I am far from an expert, but special guys like Rice, Lynn, Nomar and Papelbon make an immediate impression even if they don't produce great results right away.

jacksonianmarch
01-01-2007, 07:45 PM
I take a different approach 700. I will follow what the experts say about guys who get drafted and hope for them to be good. Once they make it to AA and show their salt, then I get excited about them. Too many times injury or the talent level in AA claims a player.

For us, I am very excited about what Clippard, Hughes, and Sanchez bring. If they get Owings and Nippert, I'd be very excited about them as well. Whereas guys like Betances, Chamberlain, and Kennedy are guys I really hope for and will get very excited about them if or when they get to AA.

That is why I think hope should be the term for the sox pitchers. All 3 B's will be starting the season below AA next yr. There is a decent chance that none of them will throw an inning of AA ball, hence none of them will reach excitation (or loathe when on the sox) level in my book.

a700hitter
01-01-2007, 07:49 PM
I take a different approach 700. I will follow what the experts say about guys who get drafted and hope for them to be good. Once they make it to AA and show their salt, then I get excited about them. Too many times injury or the talent level in AA claims a player.

For us, I am very excited about what Clippard, Hughes, and Sanchez bring. If they get Owings and Nippert, I'd be very excited about them as well. Whereas guys like Betances, Chamberlain, and Kennedy are guys I really hope for and will get very excited about them if or when they get to AA.

That is why I think hope should be the term for the sox pitchers. All 3 B's will be starting the season below AA next yr. There is a decent chance that none of them will throw an inning of AA ball, hence none of them will reach excitation (or loathe when on the sox) level in my book.I'll be happy not to face Sheffield or Randy Johnson this year. I think I will miss Wright, although he wasn't too bad against us last year.

jacksonianmarch
01-01-2007, 07:55 PM
I'll be happy not to face Sheffield or Randy Johnson this year. I think I will miss Wright, although he wasn't too bad against us last year.

You didnt see Sheffield last yr. RJ had an Opp BA of .306 and a 7+ ERA against you guys last season.

a700hitter
01-01-2007, 08:07 PM
You didnt see Sheffield last yr. RJ had an Opp BA of .306 and a 7+ ERA against you guys last season.I didn't miss Sheffield last year either, and I think we beat Johnson only once in the last two years.

jacksonianmarch
01-01-2007, 08:31 PM
I didn't miss Sheffield last year either, and I think we beat Johnson only once in the last two years.

yeah, he was 2-1 against you guys last yr. That is more a testament to the offense than anything.

scaffolds
01-01-2007, 08:35 PM
AZ Blue i agree that Moss may have the least amount of questions of this group, Moss defense and arm's are very playable for a RF and are at least average, as a hitter he has a fairly short quick stroke that he generates good power and while i don't believe that he will for a 300 average he could hit in the 270- 280 area. The question that most scouts ask about Moss still remains will he hit for enough power to be an everyday RF. Moss had an very good season at Portland in 2006 and starred very well in the Dominican Winter league before he faded after the mid way point. Moss is a better prospect than David Murphy is and while he may not be abe to play CF like Murphy can the rest of Moss game is better than Murphy. The 2007 will tell a lot about of Moss future.

a700hitter
01-01-2007, 08:37 PM
yeah, he was 2-1 against you guys last yr. That is more a testament to the offense than anything.Head to head nothing matters but W's and L's. 1 win against 7 losses over the last two years will not be missed.

jacksonianmarch
01-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Moss kinda stagnated. His power still has not developed and for a corner OF prospect, that is death. He'll turn 24 at the end of the season, so he has 2 yrs left to crack the bigs or it is a career in AAAA for him.

scaffolds
01-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Getting back to the tread topic.

Jeff Natale second base defense and DP work may never be more than average, but there is a chance that Natale will be a offensive second base man. Natale has very quick hands that generates very good bat speed which leads to more pop specially for someone of his size 5-9 about 175. In 2006 not only he showed that he could handle low a ball pitching, but also high A ball when he hit for a conbine of 23 doubles and 17 HR not to mention 84 runs scored and 87 RBI, (between Greenville and Wilmington) not too bad for a former 32th round draft pick, but Natale will only go as far as his bat will take him and the 2007 season at Portland will be a big text for him specially when its well known that the jump to AA its the biggest in the minors.

scaffolds
01-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Moss kinda stagnated. His power still has not developed and for a corner OF prospect, that is death. He'll turn 24 at the end of the season, so he has 2 yrs left to crack the bigs or it is a career in AAAA for him.

Actually Moss turned 23 yrs in September and while i agree that there is questions about his powe, i believe that for now he may not be any better than a fourth OF, but his talent and future its better than David Murphy.

scaffolds
01-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Chad Spann rebounded in 2006 at Portland with a good season and in the Arizona fall league. Spann like with Moss there are questions if he could hit for enogh power to play as a regular at the ML level. Spann a former H.S. short stop is more athletic than kevin Youkilis, while he needs some work with his glove he has a better range than Youkilis, in general like with Moss the 2007 season at Pawtucket will be a key to determine his future.

jacksonianmarch
01-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Murphy has more potential as a 4th OFer though because he can play all 3 OF positions.

scaffolds
01-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Murphy has more potential as a 4th OFer though because he can play all 3 OF positions.

A outfielder that can play all 3 outfield positions but one that has a questionable bat is more of a fifth outfielder than one who can play in the corners but with a better bat who will be the fourth outfielder.

scaffolds
01-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Jed lowrie has shown that he isn't s short stop, he doesn't have the range or the arm for the position, but as a second baseman he could be above average when it come to defense. Coming out of Stanford there where a lot of question if Lowrie could hit using wood bats, because he had struggle using them in summer leagues, however he had a very good first year in Lowell of course using wood. In 2006 the question came up again was the reason because he had a down year because of the big jump from lowell to Wilmington or because of his hitting problems. that question needs to be answer in 2007, where would Lowrie play its another question, if he plays short stop (the Red Sox brass may want to see him play another season at the position) it could be at Portland, but if they move him back to second base it would be in Lancaster (the new high A team) because he needs to play every day and Natale would be the Portland second baseman.

jacksonianmarch
01-02-2007, 09:16 AM
the question is, scaffolds, if you have Natale and Lowrie, which one makes the majors? Which one is held in higher regard? And if these kids have any value at all, and project as weak armed 2 baggers, why are they still in the sox organization when Pedroia has outplayed them all?

Mr Crunchy
01-02-2007, 09:23 AM
prospects are good bargaining chips for pitching
the problem is trying to determine what prospects hold what value and how will that translate into mlb performance
tomo okha and brian rose went a combined 30-1 in 2 seasons at pawtucket
both won minor league pitcher of the year awards if im not mistaken

rose was let go to colorado i believe with less than 20 innings in a sox uni
we also let cant miss prospect eric wedge go to colorado during expansion
steve lomasney from peabody was a cant miss catcher and old friend jeff spinelli from revere,a 90mph+ pitcher in hischool was a #1 cant miss pick till he developed a taste for smack and steroids,not in any order
who was the kid who was a cant miss pitcher who cut his hand on a glass candle holder and severed nerves in his hand??
john curtice??
juan pena was 2-0 against ny i think? with an incredible era before he blew his elbow out
the following spring training he came back awesome untill the last start when a soft liner hit him dead nuts on the surgically repaired elbow....gone forever

who knows
this is purely a crap shoot

scaffolds
01-02-2007, 09:38 AM
First of all, Lowrie and Natale have some talent, that's why an organization doesn't give up on them, but like i posted before there are questions that hopefully will be answered in 2007 not just for Lowrie and Natale, but also for Pedroia at the ML level.

scaffolds
01-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Mr Crunchy; The worst way to judge pitching prospects its by their win and losses, i believe that if Juan Pena had be able to stay healthy he would had been a ML pitcher, but injuries are part of the game. Lomasney and Wedge had a very good defense game, but they couldn't hit. John Curtis is another matter, he had the arm (specially for a lefty) but not the desire, as a Red Sox prospect he was always out of shape, present Red Sox prospect Michael Rozier remeinds me of Curtis (Rozier needs to get in better shape) Brian Rose in the other hand was a bull dog but very average ML talent.

Mr Crunchy
01-02-2007, 10:13 AM
average is giving rose much credit at the mlb level
he didnt have it
who was the pitcher who severed the nerves on his hand??
i thought that was curtice
anyone remember pax crawford??
he too had a big start for the sox,turned out he was a roid boy

anyway
this business is an in exact science with a lot of luck needed to be successful

jacksonianmarch
01-02-2007, 10:29 AM
another thing to consider is that the media helps inflate the sox organizations own prospects. They should use that to their advantage sometimes rather than cut bait too late or too early.

Mr Crunchy
01-02-2007, 10:37 AM
speaking of hype and flame throwing lefties
hows brian taylor doing these days??

is he still working for that giant perdue plant on route 13 next to his mother who beat steinbrenner out of a million??

jacksonianmarch
01-02-2007, 10:41 AM
speaking of hype and flame throwing lefties
hows brian taylor doing these days??

is he still working for that giant perdue plant on route 13 next to his mother who beat steinbrenner out of a million??

Yeah, I remember watching that guy get interviewed after he signed. Then he gets into a fight, busts up his hand and never makes it back.

I feel as if the yankee system was overhyped to the gills after Jeter, Pettitte, Mo, and Posada made it. As you could see, the rest of the guys who came out of the system during that time frame never lived up to expectations. Guzman, Claussen, Hansen, Milton, Westbrook. All okay to good players who never lived up to the hype. That led the media to underhype the yankee system and then Wang, Cano, and Melky helped fix that. It is a continuum. It just seems as if sox prospects get the bulk of the hype the majority of the time.

scaffolds
01-02-2007, 11:46 AM
average is giving rose much credit at the mlb level
he didnt have it
who was the pitcher who severed the nerves on his hand??
i thought that was curtice
anyone remember pax crawford??
he too had a big start for the sox,turned out he was a roid boy

anyway
this business is an in exact science with a lot of luck needed to be successful

No Curtis was a LHP out of the Virginia H.S., the pitcher you are talking about (can't remember his name) was a flame throwing RHP out of Texas (H.S.) he cut his ring finger (I believe) and damaged his tendon that he couldn't pitch again, but i believe that he tried to make a come back as an outfielder if i am not mistaken with Detroit and couldn't cut it.

scaffolds
01-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Matt Goodson, Chris Jones and Gary Galvez have similar stuff, a fastball in the 89-91 range and while their breaking stuff or off speed is some what different in general are consider to be no more than average at best ML pitchers. Goodson and Jones are projected to be starters but like with fellow Sox prospect David Pauley their ceiling isn't more than end of rotation type. Goodson and Jones in college had health issues and while they have been healthy as a pro in general that's always a question mark. Goodson at Wilmington in 2006 saw his ERA jump to 3.92 from 2.76 at Greenville in 2005 and while more than likely he will pitch in Portland in 2007 it needs to see how he handles the jump. Jones on the other hand while he held his own at Greenville in 2006 its going to pitch not only in a hitters park, but in a hitters league like the California's league. Galvez whom the Sox signed out of Cuba back in 2003 really hasn't pitched like many expected and in 2006 at Wilmington really struggle in his first year in high A to the point that he went from the high 20's Red Sox prospect list to not be found in the top 50, however he may be the type of pitcher that needs to repeat a level to have sucess like he did in 2005. Galvez projects as a middle reliever one who could pitch back to back days. Galvez like Jones needs to see how they handle the California lleague in 2007.

CrespoBlows
01-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Moss had one hell of a playoff series, which seems to be carrying over in the DWL. He's at a .327/.383/.582/.983 line, with 3 HR's in 55 AB's.

I don't think he'll ever be a regular with the Red Sox, but I think he's ready to break out.

scaffolds
01-02-2007, 02:07 PM
With Drew, Manny and Pena as the Sox corner ofs Moss won't be a regular for the next two years, but i expect to see Moss in Boston in 2008.

Mr Crunchy
01-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Team Player, Pos. 2005 Org
1996 John Garrett, rhp Out of baseball
1997 John Curtice, lhp Out of baseball
1998 Adam Everett, ss Astros
1999 Rick Asadoorian, of Reds
2000 Phil Dumatrait, lhp Reds
2001 Kelly Shoppach, c (2nd round) Red Sox
2002 Jon Lester, lhp (2nd round) Red Sox
2003 David Murphy, of Red Sox
2004 Dustin Pedroia, ss (2nd round) Red Sox
2005 Jacoby Ellsbury, of Red Sox

these are the sox last 10 top draft picks

rick asadorian played locally in northbridge and was a cant miss #1 draft pick
anyone know where he is in the reds org??

jacksonianmarch
01-02-2007, 03:41 PM

anyone know where he is in the reds org??

he is pitching. He couldnt hit for shit, but he had a stellar arm. I got to see him play a few times in all star games in high school.

Mr Crunchy
01-02-2007, 03:57 PM
jackson
he was a centerfielder
and
he had the highest signing bonus in sox history at 1.75M when he signed

jacksonianmarch
01-02-2007, 04:06 PM
jackson
he was a centerfielder
and
he had the highest signing bonus in sox history at 1.75M when he signed

i know he was a CFer. He sucked in the minors and when he was dealt to the reds for Hermansen, they converted him to a pitcher last I checked.

Edit: Just checked baseball cube. Looks like he sucked as a pitcher and they kept him in the OF. AA seems to be as high as he can perform. He is running out of time.

Mr Crunchy
01-02-2007, 04:21 PM
a pitcher??
no shit

we traded him to the cardinals at 1st
they must have traded him to cinci

i saw him play over at fino field in milford several times
he appeared to be the real deal at the time he was drafted but again,duquette played fuck fuck with mark texeira and lost him,then he paid this guy 1.75M and mark my words
after 7 years of baseball he evidently cant hit big time pitching

i assume he has his money still
hes an armenian,a race of people that you never see starving

as my old friend gary hagopian used to say when we worked together
SEAN
IT TAKES 2 JEWS TO OUTSMART AN ARMENIAN
WHY ARE YOU,A 1/2 BRED MICK GUNIEAU
ARGUING WITH ME??

now that was a boy who could shut me the fuck up

scaffolds
01-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Again getting back to the thread;

After being traded to the Red Sox from the Mets organization in 2005 Ian Bladergroen wasn't all the way back from wrist surgery and because of that and the fact that he played in one of hardest park for a left handed power hitter to play in (Wilmington) his numbers where down. In 2006 Spring training Bladergroen and the Sox organization claimed that he was fully healthy, but again he put up very similar numbers that he did in 2005 with the exception that he double his HR out put from 4 to 9, however those numbers where not what the organization was expecting from the big first baseman. Which leads of the question was the park the reason for his numbers? Was Bladergroen fully healthy in 2006? or was it because of hitting ability? In 2007 must likely in Portland the Sox organization expect Bladergroen to answer that question.

jacksonianmarch
01-02-2007, 06:19 PM
If Bladergroen's power is so adversely affected by the right field seats, how will he be in fenway, with one of the least favorable fence arrangements for a powerful lefty in the majors.

I think they got him for Monkeybitch, right? I was surprised at the time, but it looks like this kid is sunk.

scaffolds
01-02-2007, 07:18 PM
First of all, i haven't been to Wilmington's park, but from different sources that are familiar with the park that i have talk to claim that when the ball its hit in the air to right field in that park the ball dies. Again just going by what i was told.

jacksonianmarch
01-02-2007, 08:58 PM
balls die in RF of fenway too.

a700hitter
01-02-2007, 11:31 PM

anyone know where he is in the reds org??It's list like this that cause me to favor trades like Bucholz and Bowden for Cordero. This is a list of first round picks. The guys picked after these guys usually pump gas two or three years after they are drafted.

jacksonianmarch
01-02-2007, 11:34 PM
It's list like this that cause me to favor trades like Bucholz and Bowden for Cordero. This is a list of first round picks. The guys picked after these guys usually pump gas two or three years after they are drafted.

they certainly dont have a great track record.

Mr Crunchy
01-03-2007, 09:30 AM
agreed
this is why i could give a fuck less about ""prospects"" who havent hit pawtucket yet
another reason why im not whippin my skippy over dustin pedroia either

i love to be proven wrong when it comes to these things.

VA Sox Fan
01-03-2007, 09:41 AM
agreed
this is why i could give a fuck less about ""prospects"" who havent hit pawtucket yet
another reason why im not whippin my skippy over dustin pedroia either

i love to be proven wrong when it comes to these things.

Hey Seano.

I'm heading to Spring Training to see 3 games the last week in March (Pirates, Twins, D-Rays)....I'll be sure to report back on the likes of Pedroia etc ;) I still wish they had re-signed Loretta. But who knows maybe Dustan will turn into another Hanley Ramirez but at 2nd, of course.

a700hitter
01-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Hey Seano.

I'm heading to Spring Training to see 3 games the last week in March (Pirates, Twins, D-Rays)....I'll be sure to report back on the likes of Pedroia etc ;) I still wish they had re-signed Loretta. But who knows maybe Dustan will turn into another Hanley Ramirez but at 2nd, of course.It seems like quite a few of you will be going to Ft. Myers the last week of March. Is anyone going down the first week when a lot of prospects are on display?

Mr Crunchy
01-03-2007, 10:02 AM
i'll be in orlando during washingtons b'day week.
pitchers and catchers arent there yet i dont think??
ft meyers in march??
courageous people
now a days youre even money to get wiped out by an old person who cant see over the steering wheel

Gods waiting room as they say
luckily we have the real deal 25 miles east of here in april

VA Sox Fan
01-03-2007, 10:12 AM
i'll be in orlando during washingtons b'day week.
pitchers and catchers arent there yet i dont think??
ft meyers in march??
courageous people
now a days youre even money to get wiped out by an old person who cant see over the steering wheel

Gods waiting room as they say
luckily we have the real deal 25 miles east of here in april

I think pitchers/catchers report 2/15. Orlando is about 3 hours from Ft. Myers.

The blue hairs live in Orlando too, be careful.

AZBlue
01-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Andy Yount was the Texas pitching prospect with a maturity and alcohol problem that led to a severed tendon in his pitching hand.

a700hitter
01-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Andy Yount was the Texas pitching prospect with a maturity and alcohol problem that led to a severed tendon in his pitching hand.He was the best pitching prospect the organization had ever seen when he was drafted.

jacksonianmarch
01-03-2007, 10:34 AM
I think pitchers/catchers report 2/15. Orlando is about 3 hours from Ft. Myers.

The blue hairs live in Orlando too, be careful.

hey there kind sir, welcome to talksox. Those daggone blue hairs do suck. From the sounds of it, Mr C. wants to, how do you say it, ass-rape them with a thorncocked dildo. I think those were his words.

VA Sox Fan
01-03-2007, 10:38 AM
hey there kind sir, welcome to talksox. Those daggone blue hairs do suck. From the sounds of it, Mr C. wants to, how do you say it, ass-rape them with a thorncocked dildo. I think those were his words.

Thanks jackson, I've kinda re-surfaced and for the record it's "kind ma'am (or girl, lady or bi-atch...LOL). Yep, that's our Crunch, he does have a unique and hilarious way w/ words!!
:lol:

jacksonianmarch
01-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Sorry for the confusion. We don't have many women on this board. Nice to have ya back I guess as I see you joined a yr ago. Why the vacation?

VA Sox Fan
01-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Sorry for the confusion. We don't have many women on this board. Nice to have ya back I guess as I see you joined a yr ago. Why the vacation?

No problem w/ the confusion.

I was posting on a smaller forum that has pretty much died. Noticed my bro Crunch was having success over here and thought I'd jump back in. Plus, I'm so damn excited about Spring Training and the season beginning, and it's a relief to read good/knowlegeable discussions/posts and good banter w/ Yank fans (which is rare especially at the Boston Globe forum, what a nightmare that place can be).

jacksonianmarch
01-03-2007, 10:58 AM
No problem w/ the confusion.

I was posting on a smaller forum that has pretty much died. Noticed my bro Crunch was having success over here and thought I'd jump back in. Plus, I'm so damn excited about Spring Training and the season beginning, and it's a relief to read good/knowlegeable discussions/posts and good banter w/ Yank fans (which is rare especially at the Boston Globe forum, what a nightmare that place can be).

I perused the boston globe forum and let me personally apologize for those twitty, bandwagon, pubescent yankee fanbase over there. Punks, all of em. I wanted to sign up and tell em to knock it off, but alas, I decided to watch the football game instead and drink beer.

Mr Crunchy
01-03-2007, 11:06 AM
jack
this ones older than me and
she has the ability to have the mouth of an unflushed bronx toilet in july after the church bean supper over on 159th street

god i love her
and she wears her sox allegiance on her sleeve shall we say

ya
i can make here to jaxonville in 18 hours if my wife takes a sedative
but i dont have family in jaxonville
i have family in miami which is a mere 406 miles from the southern tip of jaxonville
this is where the fun always begins with road blocks set up by inventive sherrif dpts,road construction and these fuking french canadiens and their mobile homes who pollute the white sands of floridas east coast till april

dont eat where these people eat folks....believe me
awful things go on in the kitchens when the franco canadiens dine with their non tipping tendencies

jacksonianmarch
01-03-2007, 11:08 AM
a mouth of an unflushed bronx toilet? WOWZAH. I assume this is without the crack, smack, heroine, or seminal/vaginal fluids on the cover? Just kidding.

Ray10
01-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Outside of Moss, Lowrie and Spann the rest of those guys really are pretenders. They have yet to prove us otherwise. Just haven't seem anything in them that shows they are major league calibre like Lowrie, Spann and Moss.

Mr Crunchy
01-03-2007, 11:23 AM
shes a good lady despite her loyalty to the pat robertson contingent of the GOP that thinks that scientific advancement is a satanic plot and flouride threatens our way of life

moss??
id like a bit more pop although ive never seen him actually play
great hitters that make it will get better the farther up the ladder they go
power will come with age as well

VA Sox Fan
01-03-2007, 12:24 PM
I perused the boston globe forum and let me personally apologize for those twitty, bandwagon, pubescent yankee fanbase over there. Punks, all of em. I wanted to sign up and tell em to knock it off, but alas, I decided to watch the football game instead and drink beer.

I tried too, you have to weed through too much crap to find a decent post. Troll central and some of the dumbest "trade ideas" "predictions" etc etc...

VA Sox Fan
01-03-2007, 12:27 PM
jack
this ones older than me and
she has the ability to have the mouth of an unflushed bronx toilet in july after the church bean supper over on 159th street

god i love her
and she wears her sox allegiance on her sleeve shall we say

ya
i can make here to jaxonville in 18 hours if my wife takes a sedative
but i dont have family in jaxonville
i have family in miami which is a mere 406 miles from the southern tip of jaxonville
this is where the fun always begins with road blocks set up by inventive sherrif dpts,road construction and these fuking french canadiens and their mobile homes who pollute the white sands of floridas east coast till april

dont eat where these people eat folks....believe me
awful things go on in the kitchens when the franco canadiens dine with their non tipping tendencies

Only 13 months older ya hate filled prick.....;) A foul mouth? Me? LOL!

Sean's wife is a true Saint!

VA Sox Fan
01-03-2007, 12:29 PM
a mouth of an unflushed bronx toilet? WOWZAH. I assume this is without the crack, smack, heroine, or seminal/vaginal fluids on the cover? Just kidding.

No usually just Miller Lite, ha ha! :lol:

VA Sox Fan
01-03-2007, 12:31 PM
shes a good lady despite her loyalty to the pat robertson contingent of the GOP that thinks that scientific advancement is a satanic plot and flouride threatens our way of life

Not a fan of the 700 Club host and you know it, you Liberal Tool....<_<

jacksonianmarch
01-03-2007, 01:03 PM
uh oh. No political debates. I stay away from politics, too much shit to sift through. Welcome aboard VA. These guys are nice and have treated me well.

scaffolds
01-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Andy Yount was the Texas pitching prospect with a maturity and alcohol problem that led to a severed tendon in his pitching hand.

AZblue thank you, couldn't remember his name.

Mr Crunchy
01-03-2007, 03:32 PM
maturity and alcohol problem eh??

i never knew my dad was a sox prospect

a700hitter
01-03-2007, 03:41 PM
maturity and alcohol problem eh??

i never knew my dad was a sox prospectHell, I never knew that I was a prospect.