PDA

View Full Version : Yankees to help grow Chinese baseball

jacksonianmarch
01-25-2007, 04:45 PM
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070125&content_id=1786296&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

This is very interesting. 1.3B of untapped talent in a nation that loves baseball. This could be a very profitable and fruitful venture.

a700hitter
01-25-2007, 09:02 PM
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070125&content_id=1786296&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

This is very interesting. 1.3B of untapped talent in a nation that loves baseball. This could be a very profitable and fruitful venture.What makes you think China loves baseball?

jacksonianmarch
01-25-2007, 09:07 PM
their fervor for crackerjack.

a700hitter
01-25-2007, 09:12 PM
I though you had a quote or citation from Mao's little Red Book.

jacksonianmarch
01-25-2007, 09:17 PM
nah, I am just eating up what the media reports. They seemed into it when they got trounced 40-6 in the WBC going 0-3. Still, if you tap into 1.3 billion, you have a significantly higher amount of people to form into solid BBall players. They said the same thing about the dominican.

a700hitter
01-25-2007, 09:21 PM
You should reap the rewards of this investment in about 2020.

jacksonianmarch
01-25-2007, 09:28 PM
i know

TheKilo
01-26-2007, 02:37 AM
You think the Yankees will be the only team in on this?

A thread named "Yankees to help grow Chinese baseball" is similar to something like "Paris Hilton is a stupid slut."

It's painfully obvious.

jacksonianmarch
01-26-2007, 08:06 AM
You think the Yankees will be the only team in on this?

A thread named "Yankees to help grow Chinese baseball" is similar to something like "Paris Hilton is a stupid slut."

It's painfully obvious.

They wont be the only ones, absolutely not. But setting up the camps in the DR and South America certainly assisted the Blue Jays when they were one of the pioneers in that respects early on. The first ones over will have the biggest return on investment early on. Eventually, other teams will catch on.

BSN07
01-26-2007, 08:25 AM
The best thing you will get out of China is some good stat keepers, little guys love there math!

jacksonianmarch
01-26-2007, 08:38 AM
The best thing you will get out of China is some good stat keepers, little guys love there math!

haha, they said the same thing about Japan.

Optimist
01-26-2007, 09:46 AM

Wow, that's not offensive or anything.

BSN07
01-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Wow, that's not offensive or anything.

Why can't people just laugh at a joke with out getting all uptight and worried about offending anyone. I'm living outside the US right now and let me tell you Americans are the butt of alot of jokes and I'm not crying or getting all upset about someone offending me. Get off your high horse and have a little fun. Everyone is so worried about offending other people they forget to enjoy a fun conversation have a laugh. If some China man wants to crack a joke about me I say more power to him, I can give it but I can also take it too in good fun.

jacksonianmarch
01-26-2007, 10:56 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/01/25/japan.owners.ap/index.html

speaking of the far east, japanese owners are trying to come up with a way to stop the posting system. I think it is time we just sign these kids out of HS as INTL FA's and kill that league altogether.

v2freak
01-26-2007, 10:31 PM
China's really prospering isn't it?

jacksonianmarch
01-26-2007, 10:32 PM
their baseball teams need help, badly. Their best got tattoed in the WBC, but they have a large population who apparently love baseball.

He Hate Me
01-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Why can't people just laugh at a joke with out getting all uptight and worried about offending anyone. I'm living outside the US right now and let me tell you Americans are the butt of alot of jokes and I'm not crying or getting all upset about someone offending me. Get off your high horse and have a little fun. Everyone is so worried about offending other people they forget to enjoy a fun conversation have a laugh. If some China man wants to crack a joke about me I say more power to him, I can give it but I can also take it too in good fun.

Why did the chicken cross the road...to get to the other side, that's a joke.

what you said was an insult that plays on stereotypes.

your "fun conversation" comes at the expense of Optimist, plus myself who are both Chinese. You can have a "fun conversation" without jokes that make you sound like 1) a racist, 2) an ignorant moron, and 3) an uneducated, prejudicial 13 year old who throws a hissy fit wen someone calls him on his immature comments.

Are you able to do that? Have a "fun conversation" without resorting to crass, played out jokes? Or is cheap insults the only thing that you're good at?