PDA

View Full Version : STFU - AROD

BudLight
03-14-2007, 10:22 AM
When will this idiot shut the fuck up and just let his talent do the talking.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6567174?MSNHPHMA

a700hitter
03-14-2007, 10:27 AM
He's setting the stage early for him to opt out of his contract at the end of the year. He'll end up with either the Cubs, Mets or Boston. He'll go back to playing SS.

BudLight
03-14-2007, 10:30 AM
He's setting the stage early for him to opt out of his contract at the end of the year. He'll end up with either the Cubs, Mets or Boston. He'll go back to playing SS.

No doubt and you can bet Scott Boras is right in the middle of it. Just like Drew did with the Dodgers, in one part of the interview ARod states he wants to stay in NY, yeah right.

He Hate Me
03-14-2007, 11:05 AM
is that the interview where he says he'll leave if the fans don't embrace him?

hey moron, we embraced and cheered for you like crazy when you first got here. EVERYONE wanted you to succeed because that woulda meant good things for us. We didn't embrace you last year because you started acting like a frigging diva and it affected your performance on the field. oh boo hoo, Derek don't like me, boo hoo. If you suck, we boo, if you perform well, we cheer. That's how things work. I agree with BL, just Shut up.

ORS
03-14-2007, 11:16 AM
This is pure comedy gold.

VA Sox Fan
03-14-2007, 11:24 AM

PLEASE leave Boston out of that mix.....I couldn't stomach the idea. :angry:

The Fraud is like the Energizer Bunny, he just keeps going and going and.....:rolleyes:

shortstop
03-14-2007, 11:29 AM
He's a bright person? If he had an ounce of sense he'd have learned long ago to shut his mouth.

adam123
03-14-2007, 12:42 PM
i think he neds to go back to short stop ..that will be the only way he gets back to being a rod

Cityofchampions33
03-14-2007, 02:39 PM
i think he neds to go back to short stop ..that will be the only way he gets back to being a rod

thats not the issue, he's a good 3B he just lets his insecurities and personality get in the way. He's a great player, he's second to Pujols in talent. But honestly, he should eitehr go the manny approach and just not talk to the media, or get out of NY.

Mr Crunchy
03-14-2007, 02:53 PM
hes the best shortstop on his team
you'd think jetesey, being the team player and captain that he is,would move his narrow ass over to 3rd but thats not in him

i enjoy watching this guy meltdown every year
its like the car crash,you know theres pain and suffering going on but you have to watch anyways

Gom
03-14-2007, 04:23 PM
This is about the only baseball topic in which we all agree upon.

All I have to say is that I came up with the best idea for a T-Shirt that is sold in the bleachers.

Arod's Automatic Transmission:

Open from April to September, Closed October.

No clutch.

I can get anyone one of these shirts if they are interested.

The fans would love this guy, and still would, if he could be the "man" in the post-season. He should take tips from Bernie, Jeter, Mariano, Pujols, Ortiz, Manny, etc.

I sure wish we had Soriano back. See ya, Arod. Go bask in the sunshine of Anaheim or Chicago.

I wonder if the Marlins would give up Willis and Cabrera, lol.

redsoxrules
03-14-2007, 04:53 PM
This is about the only baseball topic in which we all agree upon.

All I have to say is that I came up with the best idea for a T-Shirt that is sold in the bleachers.

No clutch.

:lol:

Gom
03-14-2007, 05:21 PM
It was probably the most worn shirt in the bleachers last year. Sad, but I take pride in the idea. My life sucks.

VA Sox Fan
03-14-2007, 05:37 PM

No clutch.

That t-shirt is quite generous to the Fraud. A popular nick name I like for him is May-Rod. He does kick some ass in April and May.

Gom
03-14-2007, 09:51 PM
I'll see if I can take a picture of it on my camera and transfer it, lol.

ANiMAL
03-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Arod is back in middle school and everyone is picking on him
pretty funny

BSN07
03-15-2007, 09:59 AM
He's just creating a scapegoat to get out of Dodge when the season is over. If they win the WS he will leave saying he accomplished what he wanted to in NY and it is time for him to move on, and if they lose most NY fans will blame him or something along those lines and he will depart NY saying it was the fans fault.

Worse case scenario for you guys if they win a WS and A-ROD is a big part of it, you guys extend him 3 or 4 yrs and he reverts back to his choking in OCT. days for the rest of his career... But atleast you would win the Series... I see this last one as the most far fetched of my scenarios too...

Mr Crunchy
03-15-2007, 01:25 PM
the poor bastard only wants to be hugged like the rest of us

TGov
03-15-2007, 06:43 PM
I hope he goes back to shortstop because third base is not for him... he use to be one of my favorite players when I was younger, but this shit is ruining him... I kinda feel bad... and I hope he never comes to Boston, it's only gonna be worst than NY...

BSN07
03-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Actually if he leaves NY without a WS, then Boston is the only other big stage out there. If he went somewhere on the West coast and won, critics would be like he couldn't win on the big stage. The only other town that I can think of if he won with and the critics would forget his NY blunders is maybe for the Cubs, but thats only because they havent won in a century.

Gom
03-22-2007, 11:16 PM
ESPN reported that Casman said that he won't give an extension to Arod and that he hopes he stays.

I am really starting to like this guy. There is no way that Arod will get 27 million a year. He may get more money, but not over the next three years he won't. Let him walk away with his tail between his legs, so that his "legacy" is tarnished as he can't do it in NY. He has so little bargaining power, it's not even funny.

a700hitter
03-22-2007, 11:22 PM
ESPN reported that Casman said that he won't give an extension to Arod and that he hopes he stays.

I am really starting to like this guy. There is no way that Arod will get 27 million a year. He may get more money, but not over the next three years he won't. Let him walk away with his tail between his legs, so that his "legacy" is tarnished as he can't do it in NY. He has so little bargaining power, it's not even funny.After this year he'll be 31. His agent is Boras, and I have no doubt that he can get him a 6 or 7 year deal for $20 million/year. J. D. Drew got $14 million/year for 4 years.

BTW: I think he his currently getting $25 million/year, not $27 million

jacksonianmarch
03-22-2007, 11:23 PM
His last 3 yrs are for 81 mil total. And Gom is right. If ARod is true to his word, he will stay a yankee. If he wants out, he may do us all a favor.

a700hitter
03-22-2007, 11:33 PM
I didn't realize that the contract was back-weighted. I still think he has a market if he opts out. If he gets 6/$120 as compared to 3/$81, he essentially playing for $13 million/year from age 35-37. It would be quite ironic if he won his Championship in Boston. I'd laugh myself silly.

jacksonianmarch
03-22-2007, 11:38 PM
he definitely would have a market and it would suck to get nothing for him. But Cashman has been very vigilant in getting rid of distractions and ARod has become that. If ARod opts out, Cash may be happy with the draft picks and go out and deal some of that pitching for a 3b (Crede potentially). It will hurt in the stat column but we may actually win more games. I have never seen a man choke in clutch situations as well as ARod does. He and Papi are the absolute antithesis of each other.

Pinstripe_Pride
03-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Arod is starting to remind me of Britney Spears. He is a mental case who was has been negatively affected by his early success. It just doesn't seem like he's mentally stable. He definitely needs to shut up, I'm getting sick of his baggage.

a700hitter
03-22-2007, 11:49 PM
he definitely would have a market and it would suck to get nothing for him. But Cashman has been very vigilant in getting rid of distractions and ARod has become that. If ARod opts out, Cash may be happy with the draft picks and go out and deal some of that pitching for a 3b (Crede potentially). It will hurt in the stat column but we may actually win more games. I have never seen a man choke in clutch situations as well as ARod does. He and Papi are the absolute antithesis of each other.In his first two years, he caused no controversy. Last years slump, hitting and fielding, took its toll on his psyche along with the booing home crowds and the lack of support from the manager and some of the players caused him to make some unfortunate statements. This year is a different story. He seems to be going out of his way to cause controversy and pave his road out of NY. He started with controversy on Day 1. He's acting like he's intent on leaving.

Mr Crunchy
03-23-2007, 07:54 AM
27,000,000.00 is a ton of money to pay torres #8 hitter
getting publically humiliated in the playoffs again cannot be good for his psyche

i do enjoy the misery and i want to take this time to thank the mlb players association and bud selig for stopping the sox from getting this guy