15th @OAK Pettitte
16th OFF
17th CLE Pavano
18th CLE Igawa
19th CLE Rasner
20th @BOS Pettitte
21st @BOS Mussina or Karstens
22nd @BOS Pavano

Apparently Jeff Karstens is doing very well in recovering from elbow stiffness and would be the replacement for Mussina in Boston on the 21st if he cannot go. The easiest roster scenario at that point would be Mussina to the DL and Karstens off the DL if Moose cannot make that start.

As for the 22nd, if Mussina is able to go against the sox on the 21st, then Karstens would likely get the start unless Wang comes back. If Karstens nor Wang are ready then the yankees would throw Rasner.

The big issue comes in if Mussina needs the DL, if Wang cannot go until the last week of april and if Karstens has a setback. That puts Rasner in the April 22nd slot and an open April 21st slot likely filled by Sean Henn.

The good news is, that if all goes according to plan, the yankees should have a rotation of Wang, Igawa and Pettitte facing Boston in Yankee stadium.

AlexanderTheGreat13
04-13-2007, 11:23 AM
What will the Red Sox roation be at fenway(against the yanks) and at yankee stadium?

jacksonianmarch
04-13-2007, 11:24 AM
all I know is DiceK in 2 of those games, gimme a sec.

jacksonianmarch
04-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Beckett, Tavarez and Matsuzaka in Fenway

Matsuzaka, Wakefield, Schilling in the Bronx

Gom
04-13-2007, 12:08 PM
I think, with the rotation injuries the Yankees have had, and probably will continue to have, that Jacko is pitching the opening game at Fenway, and I'm pitching the last game. Tell David Ortiz to watch out for my Tadziki ball [my counter to Matsuzaka's Gyro ball].

rician blast
04-13-2007, 12:51 PM
I think, with the rotation injuries the Yankees have had, and probably will continue to have, that Jacko is pitching the opening game at Fenway, and I'm pitching the last game. Tell David Ortiz to watch out for my Tadziki ball [my counter to Matsuzaka's Gyro ball].

:lol: nice Gom.

Personally my Mousaka ball is my meat and potatos pitch.

I've also bean working on my Fasolada ball. I throw it mostly during Lent.

Gom
04-13-2007, 01:20 PM
:lol: nice Gom.

Personally my Mousaka ball is my meat and potatos pitch.

I've also bean working on my Fasolada ball. I throw it mostly during Lent.

This could get ugly. :thumbsup:

ORS
04-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Moose kaka?

jacksonianmarch
04-13-2007, 04:22 PM

I'll give it a whirl. Havent pitched in a few yrs, but I used to throw hard. Unfortunately every time I throw anything these days I hear a crunch in my shoulder. That can't be good. I could probably give a few more innings than the Moose though. High heat with no idea where it is going all day long!!!

jacksonianmarch
04-13-2007, 04:46 PM
take note of my edit. Joe decided to switch Rasner to tomorrow and move Pavano back so he will be in line to start vs the sox. Lovely.

yankees228
04-13-2007, 05:33 PM
take note of my edit. Joe decided to switch Rasner to tomorrow and move Pavano back so he will be in line to start vs the sox. Lovely.

I didn't hear Joe on Mike and the Maddog (not sure if that's what you're referring to), but someone that did hear him told me that the reason Pavano's start was pushed back because he had a slight injury in his lower arm. Not sure which one it is.

jacksonianmarch
04-13-2007, 06:00 PM
more injuries. Fanfuckingtastic

schillingouttheks
04-13-2007, 06:23 PM
You don't even know what it's like to have rotation injuries <_<

jacksonianmarch
04-13-2007, 06:24 PM
You don't even know what it's like to have rotation injuries <_<

2005 anyone? When Mussina, Wang, Wright, Pavano, were on the DL and Johnson missed a couple starts?

schillingouttheks
04-13-2007, 06:25 PM
I was being sarcastic. But I was letting out a little more frustration about the end of last season too.

yankees228
04-13-2007, 07:29 PM
I was being sarcastic. But I was letting out a little more frustration about the end of last season too.

Definitely better to have them earlier then later.

jacksonianmarch
04-13-2007, 08:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2836852

Wang will throw a rehab start on Sat., Karstens on Monday.

yankees228
04-13-2007, 08:33 PM
The news seems all positive, for the most part. Hopefully the Pavano thing isn't anymore than it appears, when it comes to him I'll always be a bit skeptical.

schillingouttheks
04-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Definitely better to have them earlier then later.

Oh, no question. I said the same thing in another thread, I think. Besides, the Yankees always get off to a slow start so if they're going to lose games in April anyway, their starters might as well get injured now and lose with other scrubs out there.

jacksonianmarch
04-26-2007, 06:33 AM
Thursday vs Toronto -- Phil Hughes
Friday vs Boston -- Andy Pettitte
Saturday vs Boston -- Igawa or Karstens
Sunday vs Boston -- Chien-Ming Wang
Monday OFF DAY
Tuesday @ Texas -- Mike Mussina

not too shabby. There is a possibility that Hughes could win a job this week if he pitches well, but chances are, he may return to AAA regardless. Otherwise, Igawa will reclaim his spot and Karstens will snag the open Pavano slot. One other possibility is Igawa going to AAA to work on his location, Karstens taking Igawa's slot and Hughes taking Pavano's slot.

In other news, Rick Suttcliffe is saying that Pavano told him he is done for the yr. Pavano has denied this and actually reported improvement in his last bullpen session 2 days ago. Either way, Suttcliffe could have conjectured it and been right. Not many are assuming Pavano is returning.

Mr Crunchy
04-26-2007, 07:28 AM
not too shabby
how do you know?
igawa defines shabby,you need to face up to the fact that he sucks
pettite has been a solid 4earned guy,i'll give you that
wang tung was pulled after 87 pitches but threw well and mussina is always a candidate for a yeast infection
phil hughes??
if they thought he was ready he wouldve been up last week instead of that fuck bag chase wright who polluted the field for 2 starts.
he is the question that needs answering and i suspect there will be some learning curves that this man will endure before we annoint him to cooperstown wouldnt ya say??

the book is open here

jacksonianmarch
04-26-2007, 07:41 AM
I agree, it aint perfect. But having our top 3 back is huge for us. Remember, we had Chase Wright starting FOR Wang and Mussina. Not alongside them. It wasnt like some shitty experiment with the 5 hole. He was pitching in the 1 slot. Igawa needs a minor league stint IMO. I love his offspeed stuff, but he is very inconsistent with it. In his 2 non-sucky starts, his era is 3.13. In his 2 awful starts his ERA is north of 13. That reaks of inconsistency. He may just get that too. If Karstens wins the 4 spot and Hughes throws well tonight, Igawa may be sent to the minors to fix a few things with the delivery.

BSN07
04-26-2007, 07:41 AM
I heard on the radio this morning Hughes might only be up for 1 start, not sure if it is BS or not...

Edit: Igawa sucks... The minors won't cure the fact that all he has is off speed stuff... Cashman paid half the price for Igawa that we did for Dice-K, the only problem he is about an 1/8 of the pitcher...

jacksonianmarch
04-26-2007, 07:44 AM
and as far a Hughes is concerned, I am not expecting him to be dominant off the bat. I just think he is the best option available at this point and bringing him up now is the best option. I dont think he will settle into the 1 hole in the rotation until next yr anyway or even the year after. Like I said before, I could see him as a 6IP per start, 4 something ERA guy right now which is all we need.

jacksonianmarch
04-26-2007, 07:44 AM
I heard on the radio this morning Hughes might only be up for 1 start, not sure if it is BS or not...

that is how they are billing it right now. I think it really all depends on Saturday's start though. If Karstens/Igawa get rocked again, and Hughes pitches well tonight, I dont think you can hold him back much longer.

Mr Crunchy
04-26-2007, 07:46 AM
igawa sucks
really,he sucks and i think youre being naive here
of course youve had to explain the likes of vasquez kevin browm jarret wright and carl pavano over the past few years
so i suspect you read from a script that starts

once upon a time....

meanwhile
kato jr is just unhittable for us
what a bonus hes been so far

jacksonianmarch
04-26-2007, 07:47 AM

Edit: Igawa sucks... The minors won't cure the fact that all he has is off speed stuff... Cashman paid half the price for Igawa that we did for Dice-K, the only problem he is about an 1/8 of the pitcher...

I agree that he isnt Dice K. But you have to look at his stuff and say, well, he certainly COULD be a major league starter. His slurve and his changeup are very solid. But it is more a philosophical thing than anything else, and I think he will need some time to solve that. His track record says that he has good control. But he needs to start living down in the zone and not up at chest level. It may take awhile, but when watching him vs Wright, you can see how advanced Igawa is. Igawa just needs maybe a full season at AAA. But I wont write him off as a SP altogether.

jacksonianmarch
04-26-2007, 07:49 AM
Either way, right now, Igawa is terrible and I'd rather see a kid like Karstens start. At least Karstens throws strikes when needed and for the most part, should be a decent #5 against teams that dont rake.

ORS
04-26-2007, 07:55 AM
What's all this talk about NY pitching Hughes tonight? The weather forcast has it being overcast tonight, and if yesterday is any indicator, they'll call the game by 3 pm.

jacksonianmarch
04-26-2007, 08:07 AM
What's all this talk about NY pitching Hughes tonight? The weather forcast has it being overcast tonight, and if yesterday is any indicator, they'll call the game by 3 pm.

I dont think they call this one. I think it is going to be a full house tonight to see the future of yankees baseball.

jacksonianmarch
04-26-2007, 08:08 AM
but the sarcasm is duly noted. George most certainly called the game yesterday to give his team namely his pen the night off.

BSN07
04-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Right now I don't see Igawa as a ML starter. His stuff is very mediocre. His off speed stuff is ok, but you can't live on it forever. You need some kind of fastball to get batters of your junk pitches, and he doesn't have it. Neither does Barry Zito and he has looked terrible this season for the most part. And hes the guy they were comparing Igawa to. Cashman paying 26M to talk to this guy was a knee jerk reaction to Boston getting Dice-K and it is really biting him in the ass now. This guy will be an avg. #5 starter(maybe a decent #5 in the NL) or a MR pitcher in his career.