per ESPN.

LOL.

BoSox21
04-14-2007, 09:29 AM
apparently he's got tightness in his forearm......heh

Beckett95
04-14-2007, 09:31 AM
what else is new?

Carl Pavano was scratched from his start Saturday because of tightness in his forearm.

Forearm isn't necessarily better than elbow in cases like these. The Yankees, though, seem hopeful that Pavano will avoid the DL. "I'm just going to give it a little extra time to get out of there," said Pavano, who threw long toss Tuesday and Wednesday. "It just didn't feel like it should feel. I'm not frustrated at all. It's just something I've got to deal with. That's just the way it is." Darrell Rasner will start in Pavano's place on Saturday. Pavano hopes to be ready to go on Tuesday. Apr. 13 - 7:58 pm et

riverside sluggers
04-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Wang, Mussina, Karstens, now Pavano... well at least they have the healthy warhorse in Andy Pettitte

BSN07
04-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Leaning on Pettite to put up more innings will have him on the DL by June... Looks like Hughes could be coming up, I don't know what other options they have if these injurys turn out to be more then just mild, and considering its Pavano and Mussina who knows how long they will be out... Jack I rember all that pitching depth you were saying the Yankees had in ST, now I guess we will get to see that depth.

KeepTheFaith1229
04-14-2007, 10:28 AM
I think Chase Wright/Humberto Sanchez would get a shot before Hughes would, because of his ST performance.

yankees228
04-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Torre seemed confident yesterday that Pavano would start on Tuesday. It appears to be precautionary, especially considering Pavano's history. If this was a game later in the season, I would imagine that he would not be skipped.

a700hitter
04-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Wasn't the tightness in his forearm the last symptom he had last year before he got shut down for the year?

yankees228
04-14-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm not sure, but Torre made it very clear yesterday that this injury was not in any way related to anything he had last year.

Optimist
04-15-2007, 02:39 PM
He's going to the DL, along with Mussina.

He can say goodbye to whatever good will he built up in Minnesota. Loser (that's one of the nicest things I could come up to describe him as right now.)

yankees228
04-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Things are beginning to spiral out of control. The Yankees put Mike Mussina and Carl Pavano on the DL today. Mussina had to cut short a side session after only seven pitches, however he is optimistic about coming off the DL after his stint expires. He is retroactive to last Wednesday, the last time he pitched. I have not heard anything else on Pavano, except that he never even got on a mound today. Chase Wright, who has been solid at AA to begin the year, gets the start on Tuesday. The Yankees are hopeful that Jeff Karstens or C.M. Wang will pitch in place of Mussina next weekend in Boston. If everything goes well, the Yankees should have a rotation of (in no particular order) Pettitte, Wang, Mussina, Karstens, and Igawa in about a week and a half. I, for one, am not counting on anything.

AlexanderTheGreat13
04-15-2007, 02:44 PM
When Pavano goes on the DL he usually doesnt come off.

jacksonianmarch
04-15-2007, 02:45 PM
I am pretty excited about the prospects. Not about the current rotation. Better now than later.

a700hitter
04-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Things are beginning to spiral out of control. The Yankees put Mike Mussina and Carl Pavano on the DL today. Mussina had to cut short a side session after only seven pitches, however he is optimistic about coming off the DL after his stint expires. He is retroactive to last Wednesday, the last time he pitched. I have not heard anything else on Pavano, except that he never even got on a mound today. Chase Wright, who has been solid at AA to begin the year, gets the start on Tuesday. The Yankees are hopeful that Jeff Karstens or C.M. Wang will pitch in place of Mussina next weekend in Boston. If everything goes well, the Yankees should have a rotation of (in no particular order) Pettitte, Wang, Mussina, Karstens, and Igawa in about a week and a half. I, for one, am not counting on anything.Do you have a link aboutPavano hitting the DL? It's really just ridiculous at this point.

yankees228
04-15-2007, 02:49 PM
http://yankees.lohudblogs.com

Optimist
04-15-2007, 02:50 PM
This guy needs to be traded. We could use a better back up catcher, though the Yankees would have to package him with someone else for that.

riverside sluggers
04-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Well.... Im sorry this is too easy

jacksonianmarch
04-15-2007, 03:09 PM
we cannot be trading pitching until things solidify. Pavano will be back, unless he decides to get head in his porsche again, that is.

yankees228
04-15-2007, 03:27 PM
we cannot be trading pitching until things solidify. Pavano will be back, unless he decides to get head in his porsche again, that is.

Agreed. The last thing the Yankees should be doing right now is trading pitchers, whether they're hurt or not.

As for the Yankees rotation, here's the way I see it working out for the upcoming games:

Tuesday vs. CLE - Chase Wright

Wednesday vs. CLE - Kei Igawa

Thursday vs. CLE - Darrel Rasner

Friday @ BOS - Andy Pettitte

Saturday @ BOS - Jeff Karstens (this is according to the YES pregame show, and it makes sense because Karstens pitched yesterday and that would put him on track to start Saturday)

Sunday @ BOS - Chase Wright (no other options)

Monday @ TB - Kei Igawa

Tuesday @ TB - C.M. Wang (Wang threw an extended spring training game on Saturday, but Torre has said he wants to give Wang two starts. This would put him on line to pitch Thursday. If everything goes well he would be on line to start Tuesday)

Wednesday vs. Toronto - Andy Pettitte

Thursday vs. Toronto - Jeff Karstens

Friday vs. Boston - This is where I'll stop because it's difficult to tell. This would be the first day Mussina would be available to come off the DL. Other options would be Chase Wright or Darrel Rasner.

jacksonianmarch
04-15-2007, 03:36 PM
What I like is that by May 1 all of our pitchers should be back. God willing.

yankees228
04-15-2007, 03:45 PM
What I like is that by May 1 all of our pitchers should be back. God willing.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting out in an earlier post. Although thinks look bleak there appears to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

yankees228
04-15-2007, 04:11 PM
"For one reason or another, these things happen," Pavano said. "I've been through this before. I've just got to keep working. We're going to get on top of this, and we'll do what it takes. I'm going to get back out there."

As much as I want to believe him, I just don't think I can.

Coco's Disciples
04-15-2007, 04:12 PM
So the probables for the weekend series would be:

Schilling-Pettitte
Beckett-Karstens
Matsuzaka-Wright

?

yankees228
04-15-2007, 04:30 PM
So the probables for the weekend series would be:

Schilling-Pettitte
Beckett-Karstens
Matsuzaka-Wright

?

I'm not sure about the Sox starters, but that's the way I see the Yankees rotation.

Oh, I should also mention that Kim Jones said on the pregame that there's a chance that the Saturday start might go to Wang instead of Karstens. That would be a desperate move in my opinion, considering the Yankees were saying they wanted to give him two starts and he wouldn't be able to make another start if they did that. If they did do that, I'm not sure if that means Karstens would start Sunday, but I wouldn't expect to see Wang anyways.

schillingouttheks
04-15-2007, 06:54 PM
If the Sox games are played from tomorrow until the series with the Yanks at Fenway, then those will be the Sox starters.

Coco's Disciples
04-15-2007, 07:14 PM
If I were the Yankees I wouldn't rush back Wang for the Sox series. It's just April, the game counts the same as all others. I'd rather have him there for 5 months healthy than that start and the injury to come back up.

schillingouttheks
04-15-2007, 07:15 PM
As a Sox fan, I don't want to see Wang either. So, I hope the Yankees are thinking the same way :)

yankees228
04-15-2007, 08:35 PM
As a Sox fan, I don't want to see Wang either. So, I hope the Yankees are thinking the same way :)

I doubt you will. Wang returning on the 24th makes a lot more sense.

jacksonianmarch
04-15-2007, 09:10 PM
If I were the Yankees I wouldn't rush back Wang for the Sox series. It's just April, the game counts the same as all others. I'd rather have him there for 5 months healthy than that start and the injury to come back up.

not true. A Yankees-Sox game counts for 2 games in the standings. You blow a sox game you are down 1 game to them, you win it, you are up one game. It is the only time where there is a 2 game swing in the standings depending on the outcome.

BSN07
04-16-2007, 05:15 AM
not true. A Yankees-Sox game counts for 2 games in the standings. You blow a sox game you are down 1 game to them, you win it, you are up one game. It is the only time where there is a 2 game swing in the standings depending on the outcome.

Fair point...

Mr Crunchy
04-16-2007, 08:19 AM
didnt mussina call pavano out this spring??

should make for some interesting back and forth on the stationary bike as they rehab
brian cashman should be calling monistat 7
think of all the yeast infections that are being dealt with in that lockeroom