PDA

View Full Version : Yankees lose Sanchez to TJ

jacksonianmarch
04-19-2007, 06:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2843456

The biggest piece of the Sheff trade will be on the shelf for the season. He joins Christian Garcia, Mark Melancon, and JB Cox recovering from TJ. Nowadays the surgery is mostly a rite of passage, so his career is merely stalling. But nobody can truly predict how he will come out of it.

BSN07
04-20-2007, 02:52 AM
Hey Jacko, hate to say I told you so, but I did say his elbow was going to be an issue... I called this one back when the trade happened...

jacksonianmarch
04-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Hey Jacko, hate to say I told you so, but I did say his elbow was going to be an issue... I called this one back when the trade happened...

I am just glad it wasnt the shoulder. He can easily recover from it, but his future as a starter is likely over. He has been considered a potential closer candidate with his stuff in the future, so lets see what he can do out of the pen.

a700hitter
04-20-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm just glad Sheffield is gone and they got basically nothing in return for him or Unit.

BoSox21
04-20-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm just glad Sheffield is gone and they got basically nothing in return for him or Unit.

Vizcaino is a decent reliever

jacksonianmarch
04-20-2007, 06:50 PM

They got Ohlendorf for RJ and Sanchez' career isnt over. One other guy who was a part of that deal was Whelan who hasnt allowed a run thus far as a closer. He is a dominant reliever.

a700hitter
04-20-2007, 06:55 PM
They got Ohlendorf for RJ and Sanchez' career isnt over. One other guy who was a part of that deal was Whelan who hasnt allowed a run thus far as a closer. He is a dominant reliever.Good for you. I smile from ear to ear when I think of those trades.

jacksonianmarch
04-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Good for you. I smile from ear to ear when I think of those trades.

RJ has thrown 0IP thus far and Sheff is hitting near .100. I am loving them too.

ORS
04-20-2007, 07:07 PM
They got Ohlendorf for RJ and Sanchez' career isnt over. One other guy who was a part of that deal was Whelan who hasnt allowed a run thus far as a closer. He is a dominant reliever.
Five innings, Jacko. Five. In AA.

jacksonianmarch
04-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Five innings, Jacko. Five. In AA.

Check the stats from last yr too. Whelan is a top relief prospect.

ORS
04-20-2007, 07:34 PM
But I thought everything before AA is irrelevant? Your words. By your definitions of when we should appreciate prospects, isn't it a bit premature to call him a dominant relief pitcher, or to even think about what he could be at the only level that matters?

I get so tired of your double standard with what's good for who depending on what the laundry looks like. I love to talk baseball with someone who knows the game, and when you aren't talking about the Yankees, you do a good job. But everything you say goes out the window when it comes to the pinstripers because of the bias.

26 to 6
04-23-2007, 10:52 AM
ZHopefully Sanchez can bounce back strong like a lot of pitchers do nowadays. I'm confident he'll be ok.

As for the trades, I can't complain about either. Getting rid of those two egos and contracts was well worth it, regardless of who we got. In these cases though, it doesn't matter because I think we made out pretty good in both trades.

26 to 6
04-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Vizcaino is a decent reliever
Yeah, he's been a big part of our bullpen so far this year. I am pleasantly surprised with what I have seen of him so far this year. Already he has surpassed my expectations. I honestly thought when the trade happened that he would be a bust and offer no contributions to the bullpen. I'm glad I was wrong....so far. There's still a lot of ball to be played, and hopefully he keeps it up.

a700hitter
04-23-2007, 01:43 PM
ZHopefully Sanchez can bounce back strong like a lot of pitchers do nowadays. I'm confident he'll be ok.

As for the trades, I can't complain about either. Getting rid of those two egos and contracts was well worth it, regardless of who we got. In these cases though, it doesn't matter because I think we made out pretty good in both trades.Randy Johnson's 16-17 wins and 200+ k's and Sheffield's 35+ HRs and 110+ RBI for Vizcaino? I pray for these types of Yankee trades. Maybe next year they'll trade Abreu and Moose for Mike Stanton.

jacksonianmarch
04-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Randy Johnson's 16-17 wins and 200+ k's and Sheffield's 35+ HRs and 110+ RBI for Vizcaino? I pray for these types of Yankee trades. Maybe next year they'll trade Abreu and Moose for Mike Stanton.

The point is moot for next yr as both had 1 yr left and both would not have resigned to stay. If any of the kids we got for these 2 produce in the next 10 yrs, it is a steal.

TheKilo
04-23-2007, 02:07 PM
The point is moot for next yr as both had 1 yr left and both would not have resigned to stay. If any of the kids we got for these 2 produce in the next 10 yrs, it is a steal.

Well, yeah, next year.

jacksonianmarch
04-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Well, yeah, next year.

unfortunately, I think that is the direction of this franchise. The more we are injured, the more we fail to bring up kids who are ready, the more we bring up shitbum after shitbum while sparing those who are ready, the more I see the direction of our GM. I hope I am wrong, but I dont think Cashman has the immediate success of this team in the forefront of his mind. We should be a good team mind you, but if he really cared about taking these games, guys like Ohlendorf, White, DeSalvo, and Hughes are pitching in the bigs rather than Rasner, Karstens and Wright.

ORS
04-23-2007, 02:21 PM
unfortunately, I think that is the direction of this franchise. The more we are injured, the more we fail to bring up kids who are ready, the more we bring up shitbum after shitbum while sparing those who are ready, the more I see the direction of our GM. I hope I am wrong, but I dont think Cashman has the immediate success of this team in the forefront of his mind. We should be a good team mind you, but if he really cared about taking these games, guys like Ohlendorf, White, DeSalvo, and Hughes are pitching in the bigs rather than Rasner, Karstens and Wright.
But I thought they are "locks" to get Clemens, and that is a GFIN move. You are all over the board with your assertions from topic to topic, which leads me to believe you really aren't putting any thought into anything you post and are just spinning each topic for damage control.

a700hitter
04-23-2007, 02:22 PM
The point is moot for next yr as both had 1 yr left and both would not have resigned to stay. If any of the kids we got for these 2 produce in the next 10 yrs, it is a steal.Please steal some more.

jacksonianmarch
04-23-2007, 02:23 PM
But I thought they are "locks" to get Clemens, and that is a GFIN move. You are all over the board with your assertions from topic to topic, which leads me to believe you really aren't putting any thought into anything you post and are just spinning each topic for damage control.

not true ORS. Just havent heard anything on the Clemens front and finally confronted the idea that we may not get him. That second part is a painful bridge to cross.

TheKilo
04-23-2007, 02:25 PM
not true ORS. Just havent heard anything on the Clemens front and finally confronted the idea that we may not get him. That second part is a painful bridge to cross.

All offseason you said Clemens was a lock for the Yanks.

jacksonianmarch
04-23-2007, 02:27 PM
All offseason you said Clemens was a lock for the Yanks.

and I still think he is. But like I said before, I didnt view his acquisition as crucial until watching slug after slug get the piss beaten out of him in the Fens this weekend. Clemens acquisition is becoming necessary and with it comes some anxiety that he might not come to NY. As i said before, I still think he comes to NY, but I wasnt all that scared if he didnt. Now, if he doesnt, I'll be scared unless our rotation solidifies itself somehow.