PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Enabled

yeszir
04-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Howdy y'all,

Given some grumbling about member quality, I've enabled reputation voting. To give someone reputation, click on the little scale thing on their userbit (below their username on a post), select whether you approve or disapprove of the post, and leave a comment why (if you so desire).

I feel like this will provide incentive to improve grammar and quality of posts, as well as give an idea to new members who the respected veterans are around here.

Rules are as follows:
-Everyone starts with a reputation level of 10
-One vote from me counts as 10 reputation points
-For every year you've been registered, you get 1 additional reputation point power in your vote
-For every 2000 posts you have, you get 1 additional point power
-For every 200 points of reputation you have, you get 1 additional point power
-You must have at least 100 posts and a reputation of 10 to give out rep
-You can only give out 10 clicks (points will vary) per day, and you must rep 5 people before you can rep someone again. This is to prevent reputation spamming.

PLEASE do not abuse this. I can see who does what, and I will ban you if I find out you aren't using this in a positive way. The way I have it set up is pretty unobtrusive, so you don't have to use it if you don't want to. And PLEASE make your reps legit, don't just give Yankee fans negative reputation unless they absolutely deserve it.

You'll figure out the blip system at the bottom of everyone's post bit soon enough. Again, please don't abuse this, and I hope this adds to the forum. If not, I'll just nix it.

yeszir
04-28-2007, 12:09 PM
In an effort to make reputation something worth noting, please try to save positive reputation for excellent posts and negative reputation for posts that really suck / add nothing to discussion.

Soxfan#1
04-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Nice idea. I've seen this, have never used it thought. This should be interesting.

yeszir
04-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Look guys, something like "never blame poor hitting on the wind" and "get out of here" are not legitimate reasons for negative reputation. It's supposed to be something helpful that you give out in circumstances that warrant it.

So far no one that has been given reputation has a higher level than when they started. I count like 25 negative reputations to maybe 5 positive ones (not including the ones I've given out).

Essentially, Bosox34, stop being a douche and voting everyone negative.

schillingouttheks
04-29-2007, 11:31 AM
:lol:

TheKilo
04-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Look guys, something like "never blame poor hitting on the wind" and "get out of here" are not legitimate reasons for negative reputation. It's supposed to be something helpful that you give out in circumstances that warrant it.

So far no one that has been given reputation has a higher level than when they started. I count like 25 negative reputations to maybe 5 positive ones (not including the ones I've given out).

Hahaha.

kyahbean
04-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Hey, that's pretty neat! I noticed different color squares under everyone's avatar, I assumed those correspond to this because there's a correlating colored square under "reputation" on the Member's list. What colors mean what?

Oh, and can you somehow tell who has rep'd you? Or would this cause to many problems?

See Red
04-30-2007, 02:44 AM

So I guess calling someone a douche isn't sufficient grounds for a negative vote either? :dunno: :lol:

What about Yankee fandom?

adam123
04-30-2007, 06:28 PM
This will be cool . I have 6 against me ? my post are not that bad .

Coco's Disciples
04-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Sure they're not...

EvilDonut
04-30-2007, 08:10 PM
This will be cool . I have 6 against me ? my post are not that bad .

I cant belive i just read karsens leg got broken off lugos line drive . This is to good to be true . Wow when it rain it pours

Be Quiet You.

schillingouttheks
05-01-2007, 08:01 AM
How do I tell what my rating is? I hover my mouse over the green thingy underneath my avatar but it says 0 to 10 points. I don't get it :dunno:

TheKilo
05-01-2007, 08:43 AM
How do I tell what my rating is? I hover my mouse over the green thingy underneath my avatar but it says 0 to 10 points. I don't get it :dunno:

Click your own scale.

schillingouttheks
05-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Oh, didn't think about that...

d'oh.

KeepTheFaith1229
05-01-2007, 09:37 AM
lol, this should be fun.

Gom
05-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Might as well make my reputation as negative as it can be. I'm the only one here from the other side who doesn't buy into the hype from either side.

I wonder how many people will give me a negative due to the fact that I think Pedroia is not a true major league talent, let alone will never be an All-Star.

yeszir
05-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Might as well make my reputation as negative as it can be. I'm the only one here from the other side who doesn't buy into the hype from either side.

I wonder how many people will give me a negative due to the fact that I think Pedroia is not a true major league talent, let alone will never be an All-Star.

NEGATIVE NEGATIVE NEGATIVE.

I don't think that warrants negative rep, as long as you don't post naked midgets and call us gaywads. :dunno:

TheKilo
05-02-2007, 01:17 AM

Someone's feelings are hurt no one is voting positive...

adam123
06-07-2007, 03:17 PM
BULLSHIT .. POPULARITY CONTEST

yankees228
06-07-2007, 03:22 PM
I posted this in the game thread, but I should have probably posted it here. I was wondering if it was possible to turn off one person's reputation (Adam). He seems to be quite concerned by it, and, considering it doesn't really mean that much, I think it might be a good idea.

yeszir
06-07-2007, 03:24 PM
BULLSHIT .. POPULARITY CONTEST

This post earned you even more negative reputation.

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 04:04 PM
This post earned you even more negative reputation.

What he said. More red!

adam123
06-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Great from 9 to 26 this site is grand .

MANNYHOF24
06-07-2007, 05:28 PM

This site gets worse every time you post.

yeszir
06-07-2007, 06:08 PM

I hear they're waaaay nicer than us over at SOSH. You should sign up there.

yeszir
06-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Disabled, lest adam's head explode. It really was a tough concept to grasp.

In all seriousness, it wasnt being used enough, when it was used it was used only for negative rep from me to adam, and it just led to questions and fighting. Experiment failed.

yankees228
06-07-2007, 06:30 PM
It's amazing how many "fights/stupid arguments" there have been going on here considering the Red Sox are having a great season, especially in the IGT's.

adam123
06-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Sorry everyone for being a pain in the arse .Adam123 out.

EvilDonut
06-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Forever?

Soxfan#1
06-07-2007, 07:59 PM
http://sites.rapidus.net/gagnonse/gagnonse/smiley/smiley_fichiers/w_Praying_closed_eyes.gif

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 10:45 PM
What happened to the reputation...now it's gone from my browser? Just wondering

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Look on the previous page.

kyahbean
06-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Disabled, lest adam's head explode. It really was a tough concept to grasp.

:joke: http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p32/kyahbean/Smilies/LMAO.gif

Thumper
06-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Forever?

I don't think yours or anyone else's luck is that good here.

mtbykr
06-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Look on the previous page.

Wow, don't know how i missed that.....my only excuse was that it was late:)