PDA

View Full Version : NYY DL News

BSN07
04-28-2007, 12:25 PM
ESPN radio is reporting Johnny Damon's back is giving him so much trouble he is likely headed to the DL for the first time in his career...

jacksonianmarch
04-28-2007, 12:30 PM
THE NEWS KEEPS GETTING BETTER, YEAH!!!

Optimist
04-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Joe Torre is also day to day after scratching his brain (via his nose) during last night's loss.

jacksonianmarch
04-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Joe Torre is also day to day after scratching his brain (via his nose) during last night's loss.

Joe sucks.

RedSoxRooter
04-28-2007, 12:48 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ATA/24818BP~The-Simpsons-Nelson-Haha-Posters.jpg

example1
04-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I thought Damon was young and healthy? So far, in his second season with the Yankees after being unsigned by the Sox it isn' tlooking like a poor decision. We'll see, of course, but it was his health that was one of the main reasons that argument was made.

Youk Of The Nation
04-28-2007, 01:24 PM
New York- In a move sure to cause dismay in the Yankees organization, the entire 25-man roster was moved to the 60-day disabled list, retroactive to April 24th. A bizarre parade of injuries and accidents forced management to sideline every player on the team for fear of aggravating any of their physical problems.
"Well, yes, it's disappointing", said outfielder Bobby Abreu, who was DL'ed with stomach pain after swallowing a fly during batting practice. "It's hard to be competitive when you don't have anyone out there on the field"
"Joe [Torre] has been looking into teaching our batboys, grounds crew, and season-ticket holders how to field and hit", explained infielder Robinson Cano, who is out indefinitely after shattering all ten of his fingers during a fiddling contest with Satan, Lord of Darkness. "It's funny to watch them out there, but it still makes you worry about the future of the team."
George Stienbrenner, owner of the Yankees, maintains that this is only a temporary problem. He assured reporters yesterday that he and GM Brian Cashman are doing everything possible to continue bringing winning, enjoyable baseball to New York.
"We are in the beginning stages of negotiations to purchase the Mets", Cashman informed a small contingent of reporters gathered outside the hospital room where Derek Jeter currently resides in a coma after diving headfirst through a sliding glass door in his kitchen while trying to catch a pancake on a spatula.
Obviously upset at the loss of stars such as Jeter, Abreu, Cano, and Melky Cabrera, who was DL'ed after his head was accidentally grafted to the neck of Johnny Damon when a transdimensional wormhole opened up in left-center field last week during a game against Cleveland, Yankees fans are wondering whether this should be the end of the line for Torre.
"I was willing to look past the continuing trend of disappointing first-and-second round postseason defeats", said Manhattan resident and lifelong Yankees fan Timothy Wolcott, "but after A-Rod, our star player, blinded himself with that extra-strength hair gel and then fell down the stairs, you have to wonder...what is Torre doing with that team?"
For now, the Yankees remain in last place. After slightly more than 20 games, they sit 30 games out of first place, 7 games behind the fourth place Devil Rays. And when the Yankees and the NYPD can positively identify the DNA in the gullet of the grizzly bear that was shot dead on 34th street late Thursday as that of Jason Giambi, then that is where they will remain.
"I was really hoping to play for a winning team again," said former Royal Doug Mientkiewicz, who was sidelined after receiving third degree burns on his hands when he refused to release a hot potato his wife asked him to put back in the pot. "Now...I dont know. Its like were in a funk...but Im sure we can get out of it, just as soon as Miguel Cairo and Josh Phelps get back from their interdimensional search for Johnny Damon's head." Phelps then pointed towards the headless body of Melky Cabrera. "I think theyre going to put it on there, if Carl Pavano stops stealing organs from it."

a700hitter
04-28-2007, 02:29 PM
I thought Damon was young and healthy? So far, in his second season with the Yankees after being unsigned by the Sox it isn' tlooking like a poor decision. We'll see, of course, but it was his health that was one of the main reasons that argument was made.His health has been quite a bit better than the much younger Coco Crisp, and up till this point switching out Damon for Crisp has been decidedly an advantage to our archrivals. Crisp has a long way to go before he surpasses Damon as the better CF.

Coco's Disciples
04-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Soo...he's not playing today?

AlexanderTheGreat13
04-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Damon is in the starting lineup today.

HeadOfSoxNation
04-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Damon is in the starting lineup today.

DHing, however. I'd tend to think if the Yanks weren't on the skid to end all skids, he'd be out of the lineup. They can't sacrifice his bat in a game where their staff is going to give up 6 or 7 runs.