PDA

View Full Version : Will Joe Torre be fired?

Coco's Disciples
04-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Yankees have lost 8 of 9, including 5 of 6 to the Red Sox. Question is, will he be canned?

a700hitter
04-29-2007, 03:34 PM
One more week in last place and they will can him.

TheKilo
04-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Not tomorrow.

arbitrary
04-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Isn't this kinda vague? Perhaps there should be a "by when" date: Tomorrow, immeadiatly, this week, etc...

Optimist
04-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Isn't this kinda vague? Perhaps there should be a "by when" date: Tomorrow, immeadiatly, this week, etc...

They're all the same: not soon enough.

yeszir
04-29-2007, 04:08 PM

I find it funny that the guy called "arbitrary" is pointing out the vagueness of the statement. :lol:

RedSoxRooter
04-29-2007, 04:08 PM
What exactly did Torre do wrong this weekend other than throw what Cashman gave him???

yeszir
04-29-2007, 04:11 PM
What exactly did Torre do wrong this weekend other than throw what Cashman gave him???

Coach a losing team.

I think the Yankee fans are grasping at straws trying to blame everything on Torre here. It's clear the team just isn't up to it. Maybe he's cost you a few runs for a grand total of a game or two, but even if God himself was your manager I still think you guys would be under .500. The problems run way deeper than the manager.

arbitrary
04-29-2007, 10:00 PM
I find it funny that the guy called "arbitrary" is pointing out the vagueness of the statement. :lol:

Just calling a spade a spade, even if it is too vague, :blink:

Ok; maybe its a blurry spade.

Gom
04-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Coach a losing team.

I think the Yankee fans are grasping at straws trying to blame everything on Torre here. It's clear the team just isn't up to it. Maybe he's cost you a few runs for a grand total of a game or two, but even if God himself was your manager I still think you guys would be under .500. The problems run way deeper than the manager.

The problem is that Torre burns his pen in wins, leaving him a depleted pen in the games he needs them.

Torre is completely clueless. This team has gotten too complacent. We really needed Pinella, but Girardi would be the man.

TheKilo
04-29-2007, 10:42 PM
The problem is that Torre burns his pen in wins, leaving him a depleted pen in the games he needs them.

Torre is completely clueless. This team has gotten too complacent. We really needed Pinella, but Girardi would be the man.

Maybe Cashman can work a trade with the Cubs for Pinella at the dealine. :dunno: