PDA

View Full Version : YES does it again!!!

ANiMAL
05-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Ok, i really hate the YES network. I am forced to watch it because i live in the Western New York area. Last night, in the eigth inning when Arod slid into 2nd, he was a real asshole. After he slid on the base he got up, but when he got up,he leaned over into Pedrioa and elbowed him in the groin area, and pushed him over. What a class act he is. And what really pissed me off is the Yankee announcers knew what he did, but they defended him. I believe Micheal Kay said "It looks like A-rod stumbled when he got up and fell into Pedrioa." As a private network you can be biased, but you shouldn't defend every wrong thing your players do. A-rod was wrong, the announcer could have just said that Arod purposely went into Pedrioa, but instead he claims Arod tripped. Bullshit!

jacksonianmarch
05-23-2007, 01:51 PM
to be honest with you. It certainly wasnt warranted, but you guys have sent your share of cheapies our way. I think Schill will hit ARod today and we should bring in Farns to send Papi to Mass General. Tonight may be a frickin war.

TGov
05-23-2007, 02:01 PM
It sucks I have to work tonight, hopefully it will be another great BOS/NY game and will go 4 hours and I can caught the last half of it...
I say, if you're gonna hit ARod, either do it during his first at bat or his last...

HeadOfSoxNation
05-23-2007, 02:30 PM
It was a bush-league play no doubt...but it wasn't anything RIDICULOUSLY out of hand. I don't want Schilling to bean ARod tonight, because there would inevitably be retalliation by the Yanks and, the way the Sox are playing right now, we don't need Ortiz or Manny or the like suspended. We're on a roll and I don't want anything to stop it. Remember what the Tek/ARod rumble did for the Sox? I don't want a similar situation with the shoe on the other foot.

Props to Pedroia for calling out ARod...shows some guts in the kid.

rician blast
05-23-2007, 02:40 PM
I think the Sox drubbing of the Yanks last night was a nice start at retaliation...and another win tonight would be enough.

After that I'd prefer they tell the media that we're playing well right now...we don't really care to respond to his lack of class/professionalism in a way that might take the focus off what we're trying to accomplish as a team. He's shown a tendency to play that way...it'll probably take care of itself at some point...something along those lines.

Don't let FukRod derail the train, boys.

ORS
05-23-2007, 02:47 PM
I think Schill will hit ARod today and we should bring in Farns to send Papi to Mass General.
Can't beat 'em, so hurt 'em, eh Jacko?

Pride, Power, Pathetic

Coco's Disciples
05-23-2007, 03:10 PM
to be honest with you. It certainly wasnt warranted, but you guys have sent your share of cheapies our way. I think Schill will hit ARod today and we should bring in Farns to send Papi to Mass General. Tonight may be a frickin war.

Why would he go all the way to Mass General?

mtbykr
05-23-2007, 03:54 PM
i vote for the pedroia vote....just hit em in the chops with the ball next time he's coming hard into 2nd

Ray10
05-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Most likely Schilling will end up beaning A-Rod in this one. I have a feel this game is gonna be full of bean balls.

jacksonianmarch
05-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Can't beat 'em, so hurt 'em, eh Jacko?

Pride, Power, Pathetic

Wait, wait wait. That has been YOUR team's tactic for YEARS. I suggest we RETALIATE (ie there had to be an initial incident) and you call me pathetic? Lets be serious here. I just want my team to protect their players. And the sox have been some of the dirtiest teams in baseball when it comes to hitting batters.

riverside sluggers
05-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Wait, wait wait. That has been YOUR team's tactic for YEARS. I suggest we RETALIATE (ie there had to be an initial incident) and you call me pathetic? Lets be serious here. I just want my team to protect their players. And the sox have been some of the dirtiest teams in baseball when it comes to hitting batters.

So the Yankees never do dirty plays? And the Sox shouldnt protect their own players?

jacksonianmarch
05-23-2007, 07:05 PM
So the Yankees never do dirty plays? And the Sox shouldnt protect their own players?

I didnt say that. ARod made a very dirty play last night. But you also drilled Jeter the night before in an obvious situation. DMats drilled ARod with intent in their first meeting. Cmon now. And this is assuming you guys drill him tonight. That is 3 beanings with intent vs one dirty play on the field. I'd send Farns out there with orders to hit Papi and see where Farns decides to go. Then again, Torre has balls the size of a neutered dog, so I dont think he'll do it.

TheKilo
05-23-2007, 07:14 PM
I didnt say that. ARod made a very dirty play last night. But you also drilled Jeter the night before in an obvious situation. DMats drilled ARod with intent in their first meeting. Cmon now. And this is assuming you guys drill him tonight. That is 3 beanings with intent vs one dirty play on the field. I'd send Farns out there with orders to hit Papi and see where Farns decides to go. Then again, Torre has balls the size of a neutered dog, so I dont think he'll do it.

lol @ u thinking Piniero has that good of location.

jacksonianmarch
05-23-2007, 07:16 PM
lol @ u thinking Piniero has that good of location.

He hit Jeter in the back with a 4 run deficit with 0 on in the 8th inning. Do the math.

ORS
05-23-2007, 08:21 PM
More unsubstantiated jive straight from Yankee dogma. And, besides, I never said you shouldn't retaliate. I just take issue with the notion that they should attempt to send him to the hospital. Play the game the way the game is played, but don't be cheap and root for injury. Although, as the Yankee turd does laps around the toilet, I won't expect that Yankee "class" to hold up.

BudLight
05-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Dustin who? Welcome to the big leagues kid :D

Teddyballgame10
05-23-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm actually not going to faul A-Rod for this one, at least he is showing he wants to win unlike the rest of the yankees. Pedroia should have just kneed him in the head on his follow threw or something, then the pretty boy wouldnt even try and do it again. But props to A-Rod this time, showing some heart.

jacksonianmarch
05-23-2007, 10:35 PM
More unsubstantiated jive straight from Yankee dogma. And, besides, I never said you shouldn't retaliate. I just take issue with the notion that they should attempt to send him to the hospital. Play the game the way the game is played, but don't be cheap and root for injury. Although, as the Yankee turd does laps around the toilet, I won't expect that Yankee "class" to hold up.

Send him to Mass General was an off the cuff remark mostly referring to when Pedro sent Jeter and Soriano to the hospital in back to back AB's 4 yrs ago. Point is, Farns isnt the kind of guy who could aim for someone and hit him anyway. And if someone gets hurt in the process, so be it. I wont root for it. But it isnt like your pitchers havent thrown at us. The last time we had a pitcher go out and protect our players, it was when Quantrill threw one at Dmitri Young. Time to show the sox that throwing at our guys wont go unpunished.

ORS
05-24-2007, 06:18 AM
Pedro always claimed the inner half. Jeter and Soriano always aggressively dive to cover the plate. Neither changed their approach, so a HBP is no surprise. There was no intent to injure though. That's just baseball.

What's funny is that Yankee fans think every time Jeter gets hit it's intentional. The guy is one of the worst divers I've ever seen. He has to dodge like he's being brushed back when it's inside on the plate. His approach, with his proficiency at slapping the outer half pitch the other way through the hole, means there are going to be some HBP's. Each and every one of them are as much his fault as they are the pitcher's.

inkman
05-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Didn't Pedroia address this already with his post game comments. Something to the effect of droping his throwing angle the next time he's turning 2 with A-rod bearing down on him. I guess getting a ball thrown at your face from point blank range is a way to dissuade his tenacity.

CrespoBlows
05-24-2007, 01:55 PM
The last time we had a pitcher go out and protect our players, it was when Quantrill threw one at Dmitri Young. Time to show the sox that throwing at our guys wont go unpunished.

Bet that fastball probably didn't hurt. :D