PDA

View Full Version : Mientkiewicz headed to the DL

Beckett95
06-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Besides a mild concussion and servical sprain, Doug Mientkiewicz suffered a fractured bone in his right wrist during his collision with Mike Lowell on Saturday.

If the other injuries didn't, the fractured wrist guarantees that he'll spend considerable time on the disabled list. Expect the Yankees to call up Andy Phillips to share time with Josh Phelps at first base. Phillips is enough of an upgrade defensively that he might get more at-bats than Phelps initially. Jun. 2 - 11:48 pm et

hahahaha he got knocked the f-out, yet goes on the DL with a fractured wrist??

mtbykr
06-02-2007, 11:16 PM

It's not funny, even though he's a yank that was a terrible accident and i wish that on no-one. Not to mention he's one of the 25 from 04....get well soon eyechart

Beckett95
06-02-2007, 11:25 PM
i just thought tis funny that he goes on the DL with a wrist injury. Cause it was a bad collision and i would assume he would be done with a concussion or sometihng like that. never saw the wrist injury coming. yankees just cant get any luck with injuries this year.

i to hope he comes back and is fine.

VA Sox Fan
06-02-2007, 11:25 PM
It's not funny, even though he's a yank that was a terrible accident and i wish that on no-one. Not to mention he's one of the 25 from 04....get well soon eyechart

Agreed. Get well soon Minky!

I read he and Lowell train together in the off season and Lowell feels like crap about it.

mtbykr
06-02-2007, 11:27 PM
i just thought tis funny that he goes on the DL with a wrist injury. Cause it was a bad collision and i would assume he would be done with a concussion or sometihng like that

laughing about that injury isn't funny

jacksonianmarch
06-03-2007, 08:37 AM
To be honest, this actually helps our team. Hope he gets better in the meantime, but having Phelps as the everyday 1b is something this team SHOULD have done since day 1.

jacksonianmarch
06-03-2007, 08:42 AM
the times is reporting that Damon is likely to be the team's 1b in the "near future". You gotta be kidding me.

riverside sluggers
06-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Thats no fun, I always loved seeing everyone move up a base when there was a sac fly hit to Damon :(

jacksonianmarch
06-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Thats no fun, I always loved seeing everyone move up a base when there was a sac fly hit to Damon :(

now they'll just be taking bases when he bobbles the ball or god forbid if he has to flip to a pitcher. I could only imagine how slow he throws the ball underhand.

TheKilo
06-03-2007, 10:07 AM
now they'll just be taking bases when he bobbles the ball or god forbid if he has to flip to a pitcher. I could only imagine how slow he throws the ball underhand.

He doesn't throw the ball underhand already?

Youk Of The Nation
06-03-2007, 02:52 PM
I can see it now, on MLB.com Gameday:

Dustin Pedroia out on a sacrifice fly to first baseman Johnny Damon. Coco Crisp scores. Julio Lugo to third. Julio Lugo scores, on throwing error by first baseman Johnny Damon.

26 to 6
06-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Can't be too opposed to it. It's something that's actually crossed my mind before. I think having Don Mattingly there, if he put in the effort to be a good first baseman, I think he could do it.

Meantime, anyone have a clue who's gonna replace Mientkiewicz on the roster?

We're almost to the point where I wouldn't mind seeing Bernie try to make a comeback. We could use that bat off the bench, considering we've gotten pretty minimal bench production.

jacksonianmarch
06-04-2007, 06:40 AM
I can see it now, on MLB.com Gameday:

Dustin Pedroia out on a sacrifice fly to first baseman Johnny Damon. Coco Crisp scores. Julio Lugo to third. Julio Lugo scores, on throwing error by first baseman Johnny Damon.

hahahahaha

btw, Josh Phelps had 2 hits last night. I like not having Minky. Too bad he hurt himself in the way he did, but we never should have signed him if we had known how poor our O would be. He's a luxury that a great hitting team can afford and we arent that anymore.

riverside sluggers
06-04-2007, 06:42 AM
Look at it this way Yankee fans, lets say Damon makes a decent transition to 1st base... voila that gives you an opening to enter the big FA year for center fielders