PDA

View Full Version : God Bless You, Curt.

FourZeroSix
04-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Seriously... THANK GOD for this guy. Amid all the craziness and attitudes going on right now, we know that we'll have Schilling there. Always. 35 starts, 230+ IPs? You bet. Coming in with a 5-1, 1.66 postseason resume? Anytime, baby.

I'm honestly not one of those people who goes with the "Sky is Falling" view of things, but man...I'm pretty damn frustrated as you'll soon find out and I don't know if this season could've gotten off to any worse of a start than it has.

So, what do we have?

- Sox couldn't have played worse or more sloppy in the first game of the year.
- Nomar is hurt and angry; ALL bridges burned in contract talks.
- Lowe is angry; bridges burned.
- Pedro is angry for basically no reason at all; bridges burned.
- Nixon is hurt after signing a 3-year deal.
- Manny is now day-to-day with a Quad injury.
- Francona is as much of a pushover as Grady Little

"I wasn't going to bother him on an off day."

You gotta be shitting me, Tito?! Pedro owns you obviously. You need to tell him that he isn't allowed to leave the fucking BALLPARK before a game is finished? Good god. Tell him to cut his F-ing hair while you're at it. Damon too.

The fact that Pedro feels the need to leave the park before a game is finished just to avoid the media tells me they have seriously messed with his head or he just can't handle taking overly critical comments about a performance that actually wasn't that bad. He needs to go somewhere nice and quiet...Boston is the absolute opposite of an ideal place for Pedro to play baseball. Time for a new sig, me thinks.

yeszir
04-06-2004, 08:06 PM
You're attitude sure sounds like 'the sky is falling' to me :P

But I do see the frustration, especially over Pedro, but we've come to expect things like that from him. I think, as a whole, RSN needs to focus more on his pitching rather than his off the field (or out of the stadium) actions. That goes for the rest of the team as well. It kind of detracts from the game.

As for tito, his softness is something that can and will be fixed within a few weeks. But maybe, and I dont think people really think of this, a more open-minded manager is needed. Not stupid open minded like Grady Little, but sensible. Don't try to corrall manny, because you can't, and Pedro's ego is big enough to crush any manager.

And injuries, well, we cant do anything about them. Just grit and bear it I guess.

FourZeroSix
04-06-2004, 08:13 PM
But why is Pedro already so upset? WHY? FOR WHAT? Does he just sit there and think up stuff.. "They don't appreciate me, fuck them. I'm not talking to anyone. I'm leaving when I want to. They hate me."

We already have enough problems... this team is built to win a World Series and he has a chance to be a big part of it, yet he's already sulking after Day 1.

Gertie
04-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Oh, for the love of Johnny Damon (Jesus, get it?), baseball season just started. Sit back and enjoy it for a couple weeks before you start bitching. Then if the Sox are still below .500 or something, bitch to your heart's content. Hell, I'll join you. But just let the fact that it's now baseball season soak in and enjoy that feeling first.

dirtdogman5
04-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the game today but man am I thankful too that we have Schilling. I mean, think of the advantages. If Pedro has some bad games (which he is bound to have) then there's Schilling to stop the losing streak. Then there's Lowe, Wakefield, etc. It will be so great to finally have a deep pitching staff without any Fossums of Castillos.

FourZeroSix
04-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Gertie@Apr 6 2004, 08:18 PM
But just let the fact that it's now baseball season soak in and enjoy that feeling first.
Ok.

Schilling kicked ass, not that I didn't expect him to and Foulke looks fine when it's a real game situation. Pedro's pitching looks fine. I'm concerned about why he's already upset....over nothing.

Benny9Sox7
04-06-2004, 10:55 PM
ill admitt wen they first put Foulke in i was kinda scared cuz i didnt know how he'd be cuz of the way he was in ST but he proved him self to me today

FourZeroSix
04-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Benny9Sox7@Apr 6 2004, 10:55 PM
ill admitt wen they first put Foulke in i was kinda scared cuz i didnt know how he'd be cuz of the way he was in ST but he proved him self to me today
Foulke should be fine now. I think he just needed to be in some real game situations.

Benny9Sox7
04-07-2004, 01:45 PM
i say foulke goes 56-56 this year