PDA

View Full Version : Yasmany Grandal

scaffolds
06-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Yasmany Grandal is the Red Sox 27th RD draft pick and perhaps their best draft pick, it was a well known fact that coming into the 2007 season that Grandal was considered the prospect with the best catching tools from the H.S. ranks with + + receiving, blocking balls on the dirt, arm strength and arm accuracy skills, however there was some questions on his bat. Grandal has more than answer those questions in the 2007 Spring by not only leading the South fla high schoolers in HR but among the top hitting averages and his hitting skills are equally from both sides the plate. The reason Grandal lasted to the 27th round was his asking price to sign or the amount of dollars that it will take for for him to sign a proffesional contract. Grandal did a made a mistake with letting his advisor to price himself out and asking for in a excess of a Million of dollars for Grandal to sign. Grandal was a singable prospect well into the baseball season and this news its fairly new. In conclusion Grandal its very well know and taught by the Red Sox scouts and I believe will be signed, when this takes place he will be the Red Sox top catching prospect.

ORS
06-11-2007, 03:39 PM
How confident are you on the signing? I think it would be a mistake to let this fish off the hook.

scaffolds
06-11-2007, 03:53 PM
How confident are you on the signing? I think it would be a mistake to let this fish off the hook.

Like with Lars Anderson in 2006 is going to take time, probably not before August and perhaps a 2008 contract, but i believe that it will get done, the question is how much will it take it to get it done. Grandal is a much better player than Ryan Kalish and he got 600,000 in 06, a lot better than Jason Place and he got more than a Million in 06 and because of the position he plays he's better than Lars Anderson and Anderson got 800,000. In conclusion I don't believe that Grandal will get what he's asking for (Advisor) but around what Anderson got and a Million.

ORS
06-11-2007, 04:09 PM
I know they can't wait until '08. The signing period ends Aug 15 with the new CBA.

jacksonianmarch
06-11-2007, 04:44 PM
I know they can't wait until '08. The signing period ends Aug 15 with the new CBA.

that is correct. No more draft and follows.