PDA

View Full Version : Kazuo Matsui, welcome to America

CalvnHobs6
04-06-2004, 09:15 PM
Kazuo Matsui tonight: 3-3, 2 BB, HR, 3 RBI. Let's break it down, shall we?
1st AB: Homerun first pitch he sees. That's right. First ML AB, 1st pitch, gone. Impressive, could be just luck. Let's continue.
2nd AB: Double, RBI. Okay, but I mean, could be coincidence. He can't be that good, can he? We'll get back to that.
3rd AB: Walk with Bases loaded, RBI. Luck. Talentless.
4th AB: Double. Ummm, okay, I think you've shown us your goods. What do you think, Alfonseca?
5th AB: Intentional Walk. That's right folks. Sing it with me. R-e-s-p-e-c-t. An intentional walk, to load the bases. Did I mention it was his first major league game?

Getting back to my previous question, yes, he can be that good. Welcome to the Big Leagues.

yagmaster
04-06-2004, 09:17 PM
looks like he's the real deal, unlike his namesake on the mfy. he seems like a perfect mix between ichiro and hideki, and that's a scary thought. the mets got themselves a great player.

yeszir
04-06-2004, 09:17 PM
:blink: ROY! Wow, that is damn impressive. But can he keep it up is the thing. What was the result of the walk to load the bases? Did runs score or did it "work"? But that is impressive, wow.

CalvnHobs6
04-06-2004, 09:27 PM
Whoever the next batter was struck out, end of inning. But god damn that is still sick.

roary
04-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Well, he should be good shouldn't he? I mean, he was one of the best Japanese players, so why shouldnt he succeed over here. The MLB wouldn't steal him if no one thought he'd succeed.

CalvnHobs6
04-06-2004, 10:30 PM
If I'm not mistaken roary, he was the top international prospect/free agent this year, and among the top japanese players..

Gertie
04-07-2004, 02:48 PM
It's funny cuz even though he's 30 or so, he'll still probably be ROY for the NL.

CalvnHobs6
04-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Actually, he's only 28. :D