PDA

View Full Version : John from Cincinnati

ORS
07-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Show kicks ass. Watch it.

HeadOfSoxNation
07-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Show kicks ass. Watch it.

I DON'T HAVE TO DO WHAT YOU SAY...YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!

ORS
07-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Some things I know and some things I don't.

HeadOfSoxNation
07-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Some things I know and some things I don't.

Haha...I had never even heard of this show, but I checked it out on Wikipedia and it seems cool. I've been looking for a reason to hang onto HBO besides Entourage.

yeszir
07-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Give me a 3 sentence synopsis. From the previews, I've gotten that it involves surfing, California, and hovering.

ORS
07-16-2007, 02:13 PM
You can't do a 3 sentence synopsis of this show, and it's only 6 episodes old, but I'll give it a shot.

The story centers on the Yost's, a famous surfing family in Southern California. Mitch, the pater familius, is a surfing legend from the 70's who has become a recluse. His son, Butchie, was a famous surfer in the 80's/90's but became a junkie. Shaunie, Butchie's son, is a future star.

The hook is John. He's this weird college preppy looking guy who shows up out of nowhere in Episode 1. He could be anything. The second coming of Christ, an alien, who knows. He repeats everything that is said to him as if he's giving you a message, but he also repeats things he's heard before at sometimes odd and sometimes poignant times, and he also appears to have the ability to heal and read minds. Mitch's levitating never happened prior to meeting John.

If you have HBO, watch it.

lasorda's speed dial
07-16-2007, 02:36 PM
This show looks retarded. I won't be tuning in.

I'm eagerly awaiting Curb's 6th season though.

ORS
07-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I love Curb.

I'm also looking forward to the 5th season of The Wire. Michael is going to wreck some shiz.

NateGrey
07-17-2007, 01:12 AM
You can't do a 3 sentence synopsis of this show, and it's only 6 episodes old, but I'll give it a shot.

The story centers on the Yost's, a famous surfing family in Southern California. Mitch, the pater familius, is a surfing legend from the 70's who has become a recluse. His son, Butchie, was a famous surfer in the 80's/90's but became a junkie. Shaunie, Butchie's son, is a future star.

The hook is John. He's this weird college preppy looking guy who shows up out of nowhere in Episode 1. He could be anything. The second coming of Christ, an alien, who knows. He repeats everything that is said to him as if he's giving you a message, but he also repeats things he's heard before at sometimes odd and sometimes poignant times, and he also appears to have the ability to heal and read minds. Mitch's levitating never happened prior to meeting John.

If you have HBO, watch it.

.. Butchie's mom( Rebecca De Mornay ) taught him how to spank the monkey ..

.. Forgot that part ..

VA Sox Fan
07-17-2007, 07:20 AM
I'm still trying to figure the show out. Haven't seen Episode 6 yet. You can tell Milch is the creator, some similar dialogue to Deadwood (and so far 4-5 of the same actors). I heard that Ed O'Neil was interviewed and said it really picks up after Episode 5. I'm intrigued but not in love w/ the show yet.

I also cannot wait for season 5 of The Wire. Season 4 was my favorite.

ORS
07-17-2007, 07:25 AM
Episode 6 ups the intrigue. Big time. The John stream of consciousness gives you a lot to ponder.

VA Sox Fan
07-18-2007, 06:21 PM
You are SO right ORS. Episode 6 was awesome! Can't wait to watch it again. One of my favorite things besides hearing MUCH more from John was that fact that Mitch (Bruce Greenwood) wasn't in the episode. He's the most annoying character IMO (Cissy can be too but now we kinda know why).

I'm liking it a lot.

VA Sox Fan
07-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Love your new title ORS! Looking forward to tonight's episode.

"If my words are yours, can you hear my Father? Can Bill know my Father, keeping his eye on me? Can I bone Kai and Butchie know my Father instead?

"My Father's shy doing his business. Kai helps my Father dump out. Bill takes a shot. Shaunie is much improved.

"Joe is a Doubting Thomas. Joe will save Not-Aleman. Joe will bring his buddies home. This is how Freddy relaxes. Cup-o'joe, and Winchell's variety dozen.

"Mitch catches a good wave. Mitch wipes out. Mitch wipes out Cissy. Cissy shows Butchie how to do that. Cissy wipes Butchie out. Butchie hurts Barry's head. Mister Rollins comes in Barry's face. My Father runs the Mega-Millions.

"Fur is big. Mud is big. The stick is big. The word is big. Fire is huge. The wheel is huge. The line and circle are big. On the wall, the line and circle are huge. On the wall, the man at the wall makes a man from the circle and line. The man at the wall makes a Word on the wall from the circle and line. The Word on the wall hears my Father.

"The zeroes and ones make the Word in Cass's camera. In the Word on the wall that hears my-Father-in-Cass's-camera, the good one Mitch catches doesn't wipe Cissy out. In the-Word-that-hears-my-Father, Cissy shows Butchie something else. In-my-Father's-Word, Cissy shows Butchie in Shaun. In-my-Father's-Word, Tina raises Shaun at lunch. In Cass's-camera, Butchie lays the court out for Barry, and Mister Rollins watches, and he doesn't come on Barry's face. In Cass's-camera, Butchie knows Kai kept the faith. In-my-Father's-Word, the Wave lifts them up.

"In Cass's camera, Bill doesn't bump his head on the stairs. In Cass's-camera, as long as he's being stupid, Bill gives Lois a kiss.

"In His-Word-in-Cass's-camera, the Internet is big. Nine-Eleven is big, but not every towel-head is eradicated. In His-Word, We are coming Nine-Eleven-Fourteen.

"In my-Father's-Word, Bill sees how Freddy relaxes. In Cass's-camera, Ramon wants to know who's hungry, in the courtyard and Room Forty-Five.

"In my-Father's-Word-to-come-in-Cass's-camera, Doctor Smith calls Ocean Properties. In Cass's-camera-to-come, my Father stares Not Aleman down, and Freddy sees Bill much-improved.

"You will not note my-Father's-Word, nor remember Cass's-camera, but you will not forget what we did here."

ORS
09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Canceled. Although, given the nature of obscurity in the show, and the freaky website HBO created with it, I think that may be posturing.