PDA

View Full Version : Yanks eyeing Betemit

jacksonianmarch
07-18-2007, 07:05 AM
http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/118473403494000.xml&coll=1

I have always like Betemit and even though his average isnt there this season, his power and OBP #s are solid for a part time player. I'd LOVE to get him and use him in the utility/1b role. He'd be a nice addition.

Now they are saying that the yankees are offering Farnsworth, Bruney, or Proctor for him with the intention of bringing up Chris Britton and Sean Henn into the bullpen. Sounds like a solid plan. I just dont think the dodgers will jump on the Farns bandwagon unless we paid his entire salary, which wouldnt be all that bad of an idea anyway.

ORS
07-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Are they using the "calm eyes"?

jacksonianmarch
07-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Are they using the "calm eyes"?

do not get the reference. I just read another article saying that Proctor for Betemit has been turned down by LA

kreinbihl34
07-18-2007, 11:01 AM
I would too after the way Proctor has been man-raped by Torre.

26 to 6
07-21-2007, 02:06 AM
do not get the reference. I just read another article saying that Proctor for Betemit has been turned down by LA
I dont mind that so much. I figured it would take Proctor to get Betemit, but I'd rather hold onto Proctor. Despite his overuse and inconsistancy this season, I still think he possesses upside, and is a guy I like having in the bullpen. If only he wasn't used as often as a toothbrush and could stay fresh, who knows.

Any deal involving a combination of players named Kle Farnsworth and Wilson Betemit would be a good deal, IMO. I can't stand Farnsworth at this point, and would love to get rid of him, especially if it provided us with someone like Betemit in return. If Cash can pull something like that off, he should win executive of the year based on that alone, lol

msubulldogs21
07-21-2007, 02:19 AM
Any deal involving a combination of players named Kyle Farnsworth and Wilson Betemit would be a good deal, IMO.

You have to look at the big picture here though. Kyle Farnsworth has plenty of value, the majority of it having to do with bench clearing brawls but still good value. Can Wilson Betemit honestly say he body slammed someone on the field? I don't think so. :lol: