PDA

View Full Version : Edwar coming back up

jacksonianmarch
08-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Tyler Kepner is reporting that Edwar Ramirez will be returning to the majors following another impressive stint in AAA. After being ruined by Joe Torre who kept him on the bench for 2 weeks then watched him implode vs TB, Edwar has done nothing but shine. In his 10 innings since his demotion, he has allowed 1 run while striking out 17. If he gets regular time, there is a good chance that he could be a key member of the yankee pen going forward. In terms of who is going down, there is speculation that Jim Brower could be DFA'd or Jeff Karstens could be sent to Scranton.

jacksonianmarch
08-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Rumor has it that it was Karstens who will be optioned.

Interesting note to be made. With Myers, Proctor and Bruney out of the immediate picture, the pen is starting to look a bit different. There is a real chance that going into the postseason, Joba, Edwar and either Bruney or Britton will be manning the middle innings while Vizcaino gets shifted to setup man. This is assuming Farnsworth is moved or waived or whathaveyou. That is quite a youth injection and really could backfire on us in the coming months. But it cannot be worse that what we already had....right?

CrespoBlows
08-10-2007, 01:58 PM
He'll likely pitch in 1/3 of an inning, for the rest of the year.

das11209
08-10-2007, 01:59 PM
He'll likely pitch in 1/3 of an inning, for the rest of the year.

And will give up another grand slam ( I hope).

AlexanderTheGreat13
08-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Torre doesnt know how to work a bullpen. Edwar got screwed the first time.

CrespoBlows
08-10-2007, 02:25 PM
And will give up another grand slam ( I hope).

No, he'll pitch in 1/3 of an inning, not be used in over a month, and then will serve a grand slam up to the Orioles.

Joe Torre will then conclude that young players will never succeed, which will earn him the adulation of a700hitter, Joe Morgan, and Dusty Baker.

jacksonianmarch
08-10-2007, 04:52 PM
No, he'll pitch in 1/3 of an inning, not be used in over a month, and then will serve a grand slam up to the Orioles.

Joe Torre will then conclude that young players will never succeed, which will earn him the adulation of a700hitter, Joe Morgan, and Dusty Baker.

Did you catch the quote from Torre when he was called out for leaving Edwar on the bench? He likes relievers with a "belly full of guts" and no rookie has that, it takes experience. Hello, um, Mr Torre, you do know that you owe 4 world series titles to a guy who you played as a rookie in the pen. One Mariano Rivera. Joe and Steinny seem to be floating down the same boat to mindlessness.

yankees228
08-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Torre doesnt know how to work a bullpen. Edwar got screwed the first time.

I know everyone loves Edwar, and I can't say I was unimpressed after his first outing, but it doesn't seem like he had great control of his fastball at any point. Obviously some of that could have been attributed to his severe lack of work, so we'll see how he does this time (if he gets used).

jacksonianmarch
08-10-2007, 04:57 PM
I know everyone loves Edwar, and I can't say I was unimpressed after his first outing, but it doesn't seem like he had great control of his fastball at any point. Obviously some of that could have been attributed to his severe lack of work, so we'll see how he does this time (if he gets used).

He's a rookie on the biggest stage in baseball. You must factor in nerves to the equation. Add that to rust and you are setting him up for failure. Same with Joba. I think that kid has a deadly arsenal, but if we dont use him, he will suck. Joe needs to partition out work to these kids and see what they can do with regular work.

TheKilo
08-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Aww shit. They now have two future hall of famers in their bullpen? Fuck.

yankees228
08-10-2007, 05:15 PM
He's a rookie on the biggest stage in baseball. You must factor in nerves to the equation. Add that to rust and you are setting him up for failure. Same with Joba. I think that kid has a deadly arsenal, but if we dont use him, he will suck. Joe needs to partition out work to these kids and see what they can do with regular work.

Yeah, you don't have to sell me on Joba, I've been a big fan all year. I'm looking forward to seeing how he progresses, especially next year as a starter (hopefully). As for Ramirez, we'll see, I just can't hope but think that there is a clear cut reason why the Angels let him go twice. However, I'll reserve judgement until he pitches on a more regular basis in the majors (although that may never happen with Joe).