PDA

View Full Version : Abreu option to be picked up

jacksonianmarch
09-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Both Buster Olney and Rosenthal from FOX has reported that the yankees brass has already made the decision to pick up Bobby Abreu's option at seasons end, barring a major injury late in the season. His option is worth 16 mil, though it would have been a 2 mil buyout. I would certainly say that Abreu is worth the net of 14 mil for one season. Good for him and good for the yankees.

FWIW, his first half was his worst first half ever, and if he can at least continue to be a second half player and can at least be serviceable in the first half, he could really have one hell of a season next yr. Right now he is hitting .320+ in the second half with 11 of his 17 homers coming after the break.

He Hate Me
09-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Good move. When you take a look at the other dugout and see what 14M buys you these days, you can only view this as a good move.

one note, they really gotta sit him down and talk to him about him loafing it in the field. Also, I don't buy the argument that he's a 2nd half player. I think he could be a lot better in the first half but that mentally he just doesn't care about playing till June.