and King Hippo, separated at birth?

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/images/2006/06/03/5bFRPr8f.jpg

http://www.leonardite.com/wvba/images/hippoback.gif

redsoxrules
09-17-2007, 06:11 PM
:lol:

Gom
09-18-2007, 01:41 PM
As long as he pitches the way he's been pitching, he could be Jabba the Hut's twin as far as I'm concerned.

rician blast
09-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Was JOBA in Full Metal Jacket?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Full-metal-jacket-901.jpg

Gom
09-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Poking fun at a man paralyzed by polio is low, rician. Show some class.

rician blast
09-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Poking fun at a man paralyzed by polio is low, rician. Show some class.

GOM, I did not know the man had polio, I was only pointing to the fact that Joba looks like Pyle.

I'll edit my post, although I question whether your motivation is driven by a true belief that I was being insensitive as opposed to just trying to make me feel badly. I'd never knowingly make fun of someone's illness or disability.

Sorry that I "offended" you.

ORS
09-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Not for nothing, but Gom questioning people's class is one of the funnier things that goes on here. Class only matters when it's on his terms. Nevermind the mysoginy, hey, he's Egyptian, women don't get any respect in that part of he world, why should they here, or the endorsement of adultery. Those things are class through and through. Nor should we mention that he only comes here to needle people. His entire purpose here is to try and make other people feel bad because of the team they root for. Class indeed. It's like getting marital advice from Bill Clinton.

Gom
09-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Not for nothing, but Gom questioning people's class is one of the funnier things that goes on here. Class only matters when it's on his terms. Nevermind the mysoginy, hey, he's Egyptian, women don't get any respect in that part of he world, why should they here, or the endorsement of adultery. Those things are class through and through. Nor should we mention that he only comes here to needle people. His entire purpose here is to try and make other people feel bad because of the team they root for. Class indeed. It's like getting marital advice from Bill Clinton.

I was born here, so I'm as American as you are, you ignorant moron. I have all the respect for women, probably more than most here. I do come here sometimes to needle people, but I can take it as well as I can give it, and I come for the overall baseball knowledge that I find. I don't try to make anyone feel bad, but I like the rivalry we have with you, and I do what I can to take part of it.

I will say this. I have a soft spot for animals and the disabled. So when people make fun of that, I am outspoken.

P.S. You didn't offend me rician. I just think you're better than that. I expect that kind of comment from ORS, not you.

TheKilo
09-18-2007, 04:06 PM
I was born here, so I'm as American as you are, you ignorant moron. I have all the respect for women, probably more than most here. I do come here sometimes to needle people, but I can take it as well as I can give it, and I come for the overall baseball knowledge that I find. I don't try to make anyone feel bad, but I like the rivalry we have with you, and I do what I can to take part of it.

I will say this. I have a soft spot for animals and the disabled. So when people make fun of that, I am outspoken.

P.S. You didn't offend me rician. I just think you're better than that. I expect that kind of comment from ORS, not you.

I'm glad you have a soft spot for animals and not women. Then again, it's not surprising.

rician blast
09-18-2007, 04:09 PM

Well, you were correct not to expect that sort of comment from me because, as I explained, you misinterpreted my meaning.

Bottom line...I know I did not have any ill-intention with that post and in retrospect that is all that matters, so the issue is dead.

ORS
09-18-2007, 04:15 PM

Please look at your posts. You have absolutely no respect for women, and I don't care where you grew up, it's about who is raising you. The middle east is the worst place in the world in terms of women's rights, and those that raised you are 1st generation to America from there. If you think it had no impact, then not only are you a prick but you are naive as well.

Gom
09-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Please look at your posts. You have absolutely no respect for women, and I don't care where you grew up, it's about who is raising you. The middle east is the worst place in the world in terms of women's rights, and those that raised you are 1st generation to America from there. If you think it had no impact, then not only are you a prick but you are naive as well.

I have fun with my posts. So you are saying that I'm a chauvinist, and treat women with disrespect because my parents were immigrants??? Good thing my parents weren't Irish, I'd be a drunk. Maybe if they were Jewish, I'd be cheap.

More than any other post I have ever seen here, yours was the most disrespectful. You know nothing about me. Absolutely nothing. We could pass each other on the street, and never know it. You know nothing about my personal life, how I interact with women, men, friends, and family. To make such an assumption is ignorant.

So, in addition to treating every woman like property to be bartered, am I also a terrorist? I mean, my parents are originally from the middle east, so I guess that has to be the case.

So, on top of everything else, you're a racist.

TheKilo
09-18-2007, 05:10 PM
I have fun with my posts. So you are saying that I'm a chauvinist, and treat women with disrespect because my parents were immigrants??? Good thing my parents weren't Irish, I'd be a drunk. Maybe if they were Jewish, I'd be cheap.

The way you convey your attitudes towards women on this board makes you seem chauvinist. In other words, you haven't done anything to break the stereotype, so don't cry foul when it is made.

More than any other post I have ever seen here, yours was the most disrespectful. You know nothing about me. Absolutely nothing. We could pass each other on the street, and never know it. You know nothing about my personal life, how I interact with women, men, friends, and family. To make such an assumption is ignorant.

No one knows anything about anyone here personally. That's what you get with the internet and a message board, it's text on a screen. No one can ever read the person.

So, in addition to treating every woman like property to be bartered, am I also a terrorist? I mean, my parents are originally from the middle east, so I guess that has to be the case.

So, on top of everything else, you're a racist.

First off, he never even made mention of you being a terrorist. Stop making retarded insinuations.

How is he a racist?

ORS
09-18-2007, 05:21 PM
It's got nothing to do with race, everything to do with culture, and given the way you interact with females on this site, there's little to believe you view women as anything more than something for your amusement. So, your attempt to make this racial is like if you were the Irish guy calling me out for that with a bottle Bushmills in your hand.

My post was intended to be disrespectful. I have no respect for you and the facade you put on here.

Gom
09-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I don't even know who's a female on this site. Nor do I care. I enjoy myself, and have fun. What little respect for you I had for serving in our country's armed forces is gone. Hopefully one day, you'll stop a bullet.

I could care less if you respect me or any facade you think I do or don't put on. I'm just glad people who read this post may get an idea of what you really are on here.

ORS
09-18-2007, 05:48 PM
What am I, Gom? I'm respectful to everyone here save a few. You just happen to fall into the few because of your intent here. I'm only living by the Golden Rule, respect those that show respect to you.

Don't fool yourself into making more out this than that.

EDIT: Hoping I stop a bullet? Is that another example from the Gom school of class? You keep making my point easier and easier. Can't even take a little of your own medicine without wishing death upon the other side. Class all the way.

rician blast
09-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Hopefully one day, you'll stop a bullet.

GOM being GOM. It is beyond ironic that you purposely misrepresented a post I made to try and say I had no class...then you post the comment above....it is disgusting.

I'm just glad people who read this post may get an idea of what you really are on here.

If people are "getting an idea" I think it is more likely an idea of what YOU really represent here. Troll.

jacksonianmarch
09-19-2007, 02:03 PM
JOBA CHAMBELAIN RULZ!!!!1!!!

schillingouttheks
09-19-2007, 04:52 PM
So yeah... Gom's not lookin' so cool in here...

yankees228
09-19-2007, 05:41 PM
GOM being GOM. It is beyond ironic that you purposely misrepresented a post I made to try and say I had no class...then you post the comment above....it is disgusting.

If people are "getting an idea" I think it is more likely an idea of what YOU really represent here. Troll.

Rician Blast, it doesn't necessarily portray Gom in a better light, but I don't think he's talking about you. You might know this, I just wasn't sure and thought I would point in out for clarification purposes.

Gom
09-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Basically, one's an idiot, the other is a racist. I'm done with this thread.

riverside sluggers
09-19-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't even know who's a female on this site. Nor do I care. I enjoy myself, and have fun. What little respect for you I had for serving in our country's armed forces is gone. Hopefully one day, you'll stop a bullet.

I could care less if you respect me or any facade you think I do or don't put on. I'm just glad people who read this post may get an idea of what you really are on here.

http://www.engl.niu.edu/jstewart/phptest/donkey.jpg

rician blast
09-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Rician Blast, it doesn't necessarily portray Gom in a better light, but I don't think he's talking about you. You might know this, I just wasn't sure and thought I would point in out for clarification purposes.

Initially he was, he went after me for no reason other than to stir the pot, so I said my peace.

It's over.

yankees228
09-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Initially he was, he went after me for no reason other than to stir the pot, so I said my peace.

It's over.

Oh, ok, thanks.

TheKilo
09-19-2007, 09:12 PM
I would ban Gom.

Just because I got the feeling he's gonna be insufferable over the next week plus.

Rdsxmbnt
09-19-2007, 09:38 PM
you guys can't be serious, are you telling me this argument started over that one little picture?

TheKilo
09-19-2007, 09:48 PM
you guys can't be serious, are you telling me this argument started over that one little picture?

In all fairness, King Hippo was one bad mother fucker.

jacksonianmarch
09-19-2007, 09:49 PM
I loved the fact that he couldnt keep his pants up.

BTW, Joba rulz.

Gom
09-20-2007, 01:17 AM
I would ban Gom.

Just because I got the feeling he's gonna be insufferable over the next week plus.

Just to you and ORS. I wouldn't be so insufferable if your team could actually keep a 14.5 game lead. You still might. Who knows?

You know, it's one thing to rip on a person for the team he supports, or his baseball acumen. I just think it's wrong to go after people who have disabilities or after them personally. If you go back and read the thread, I even said I thought [as misguided as it seems now] that you were better than that comment. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

That would be like me saying I'm glad Lester got cancer, or you guys were glad Lidle got killed in a plane crash. You can say what you want about my team or my love for them, but to make a statement about someone's background is just not right. So is wishing harm on a player because your team would benefit. That's just sick, IMHO.

There have been people here who have PM'd me and said that something I said was a bit of a sore spot and I hit a nerve, and would I not mention this or that since it was painful. I've abided by everyone's request because I am here to have fun, and not to maliciously hurt someone. I will taunt the Red Sox and their fan base for as long as I live. However, outside of the game, I'll help any of you guys out I can in any way I can. Which team we support does not define as as people, just as fans. Some people here can't make that distinction.

P.S. Hippo was a bad ass. I agree.

TheKilo
09-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Just to you and ORS. I wouldn't be so insufferable if your team could actually keep a 14.5 game lead. You still might. Who knows?

Who knows, indeed.

You know, it's one thing to rip on a person for the team he supports, or his baseball acumen. I just think it's wrong to go after people who have disabilities or after them personally. If you go back and read the thread, I even said I thought [as misguided as it seems now] that you were better than that comment. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Then asking ORS to stop a bullet is...

What comment? All I said was how you are perceived, in regards to relations with women on this board.

That would be like me saying I'm glad Lester got cancer, or you guys were glad Lidle got killed in a plane crash. You can say what you want about my team or my love for them, but to make a statement about someone's background is just not right. So is wishing harm on a player because your team would benefit. That's just sick, IMHO.

So you calling me an idiot, and ORS a racist, is....

There have been people here who have PM'd me and said that something I said was a bit of a sore spot and I hit a nerve, and would I not mention this or that since it was painful. I've abided by everyone's request because I am here to have fun, and not to maliciously hurt someone. I will taunt the Red Sox and their fan base for as long as I live. However, outside of the game, I'll help any of you guys out I can in any way I can. Which team we support does not define as as people, just as fans. Some people here can't make that distinction.

P.S. Hippo was a bad ass. I agree.

That's all well and good, Gom, but don't try to take the moral high ground when you've said the things you have in this thread.

26 Reasons to Hate Us
09-20-2007, 06:57 AM
Hug it out bitches

Gom
09-20-2007, 09:29 AM
What did I say in this thread? That I thought you were better than the comment about Chamberlain's dad, therefore telling you how I felt, but giving you the benefit of the doubt? I said it was classless, and it was, but I gave you a way out graciously, which you didn't want. Anyway you look at it, whether you like me or my opinions, it was classless, and since you didn't know he had polio, it is understandable. Saying that ORS, your high and mighty poster, if he has something to say to me, or about me, that it should be me, and not my heritage? I've dealt with that crap in my life for too long to care to anymore. I wouldn't care if he didn't know where I was from, but he does. So yeah, I could care less about someone like that.

So much for being done with this thread. :)

TheKilo
09-20-2007, 12:21 PM
What did I say in this thread? That I thought you were better than the comment about Chamberlain's dad, therefore telling you how I felt, but giving you the benefit of the doubt? I said it was classless, and it was, but I gave you a way out graciously, which you didn't want. Anyway you look at it, whether you like me or my opinions, it was classless, and since you didn't know he had polio, it is understandable. Saying that ORS, your high and mighty poster, if he has something to say to me, or about me, that it should be me, and not my heritage? I've dealt with that crap in my life for too long to care to anymore. I wouldn't care if he didn't know where I was from, but he does. So yeah, I could care less about someone like that.

PS I didn't post the picture of Gomer Pyle, genius.

BudLight
09-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Who cares what he looks like as long as he continues to dominate out of the pen the way he is. Ten years ago anyone here would have professed their undying allegiance to Gom if they could have had Randy (the scarecrow) Johnson on their staff!

ORS
09-20-2007, 01:06 PM

Right, but you overreacted to the pic. The picture was shown because of resemblance between Hippo, Pyle, and Joba. It had nothing to do with his father.

And now you are overreacting to my comment. I didn't insult your heritage, I acknowledged it. Do you deny the treatment of women over there is unjust by the western standard? Do you honestly think you've given us any reason to think you have respect for women? The point, something that painfully evades you all too often, is that you are in no position to judge the "class" of others. First of all, you jump to the wrong conclusion far too often. Second, people only judge something as "classless" when it disagrees with their beliefs. Your behavior and heritage are in conflict with what is considered "classy" behavior in this corner of the world when it comes to the treatment of women. I wasn't making fun of your heritage. It is what it is, and it's something that precludes you from being a credible source of judgment on "classy" behavior, at least in this society.

Gom
09-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Well, sorry for the bullet remark, ORS. Maybe you can just deflect it instead of stopping it. What I took offense to was being lumped in with those people. My whole life I've distanced myself from the atrocities that go on there, this just struck a nerve with me.

Keep defending our country, and for that, I salute you.

BudLight
09-20-2007, 02:17 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/kissing1/1.gif

ORS
09-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Well, sorry for the bullet remark, ORS. Maybe you can just deflect it instead of stopping it. What I took offense to was being lumped in with those people. My whole life I've distanced myself from the atrocities that go on there, this just struck a nerve with me.

Keep defending our country, and for that, I salute you.
I apologize if it offended you in that way. And, thankfully, my service is done. Now I'm just another working stiff. No more glory.

rician blast
09-20-2007, 03:50 PM

Benefit of what doubt? You misinterpreted my post and I, not wanting to subject myself to incorrect accusations of being insensitive to folks with disabilities, edited my post and issued an apology despite being totally innocent of any insensitivity.

You could have said "FYI that post could be construed as an effort to make fun of a person with a disability" and I'd have said "good point, I'll edit the post."

But you accused me of being insenitive (where is the benefit of the doubt in that case???) and said "show some class.

So what is worse than you accusing me of inappropriate comments, you are now trying to pass it off like you were giving me some benefit of the doubt? Anyway, thanks, I guess, for the benefit of the doubt...assuming you are sincere, you are correct...what you accused me of is not in my nature.

He Hate Me
09-20-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry but this is just silly. Gom, I commend you fro doing what you thought was sticking up for our guy, but the thought that rician was dissing on Joba's dad or whatever never once enetered my mind.

Personally I thought the comparison was funny as hell. Next time I see Joba raise his hands I'm personally looking for a big white x on his stomach.

Gom
09-20-2007, 04:19 PM
I admit, he does look like King Hippo. Now lets get back to Joba Chamberlain.

rician blast
09-25-2007, 05:56 AM
I know this kid hasn't been anything close to cowardly....but he looks fkn hilarious.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site333/2007/0924/20070924__ODDYankeesHazing~1_Gallery.jpg