PDA

View Full Version : Manny - can he be productive?

redsticknation
09-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Folks,

I ask this question because as a natural optimist, I want to believe that Tito has been being overly cautious with Manny, not wanted to rush his recovery. Let's hope anyway.

Assuming that he is healthy and ready to go for the playoff series, is it possible for him to be effective in Games 1 & 2 without having seen live pitching in over month? How does he get ready? Does our pitching staff give him "their good stuff" so he can get his timing down. Do our better AAA guys throw some pitches to him?

I don't know and would like some input.
Or should I be a cynic and come to the realization that his/our season is over?

BoSox21
09-25-2007, 05:34 PM
its not like hes been gone THAT long, plus he has 6 games to get whatever kinks worked out. he'll be fine

redsticknation
09-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the confidence. I hope he can be refreshed for October.

Mr Crunchy
09-25-2007, 05:43 PM
no one here knows how bad he is dinged if at all
they may have sat him just to rest gimpy knees and old hammys or he may have needed 20+ games off for this oblique which has ko'd more than a few hard guys in recent years

if hes healthy he'll hit and his mere presence makes david ortiz a harder out

TheKilo
09-25-2007, 09:20 PM
He has to get his timing back.

Remy made an excellent point tonight, he got his single off a fastball but got retired on an off speed pitch.

I doubt 15-18 ABs, which is all he'll get until the playoffs, will let him get his timing back.

ARod2212
09-26-2007, 11:22 AM
If anybody can get their timing back quickly, it's Ramirez. The guy is one of the best hitters of our generation. That said, if he only goes 75%, he could be a huge problem for the Sox in the coming month.

BSN07
09-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Even if he doesnt produce big, just the site of him in the Lineup will make the other team weary.

TheKilo
09-26-2007, 12:27 PM
If anybody can get their timing back quickly, it's Ramirez. The guy is one of the best hitters of our generation. That said, if he only goes 75%, he could be a huge problem for the Sox in the coming month.

What does this even mean?

JShramek
09-26-2007, 06:09 PM
I think that having him back is alot better than not......Also makes Big Papi better!! Great that he has 6 games to get back into game shape!

SCM33
09-26-2007, 08:14 PM
I think that having him back is alot better than not......Also makes Big Papi better!! Great that he has 6 games to get back into game shape!

Get ready for in depth analysis of this question:

Yes.