PDA

View Full Version : All This "President of Red Sox Nation" Shit...

Coco's Disciples
09-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Is possibly the most retarded thing I've seen in my life. Tim fucking Russert? What the fuck?

TheKilo
09-25-2007, 09:40 PM
http://redsoxnation.net/images/SoxAppealWebSquare.jpg

schillingouttheks
09-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Yes, I do!

Cityofchampions33
09-26-2007, 05:22 AM
Yeah it's pissin me off too.

Mr Crunchy
09-26-2007, 07:19 AM
this is how johnny damon and millar ended up on queer eye
theyre taking this shit to a new level of nonsense

what next?
a feel good session of how the pitchers feel about women??
a 30 minute give and take with daiske discussing the wonders of bukkake??

its just sad and lets hope the 1st president gets assassinated so this ends

rician blast
09-26-2007, 07:41 AM
What ticks me off is as true Sox fans we voice our disdain for these sideshows.

Yet when all is said and done, other teams' fan bases will come away with the idea that we're all into this crap.

ORS
09-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Who cares? Let the nitwits think what they want. If stuff like this adds revenue and that shows up on the field and the standings, then eff them. I don't like the system that allows us and others to buy a perenially competitive team, but as long as it's there, I want them to utilize that advantage.

rician blast
09-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Who cares? Let the nitwits think what they want.

To a point I'd agree. But I just don't like when members of the Sox fan base present themselves in a ridiculous way...because they are perceived to speak for all of us. Examples:

The "Yankees Suck" chants...can't stand that. (1) They don't suck. (2) I have to listen to Yankee fans claims that the Sox fans are a-holes because of the chant, and they are right in that the fans who are chanting ARE a-holes, but they're wrong to assume they represent true fans.

"Yankees Suck T-shirts"...same as above...wearing one of those speaks volumes about the individual, but portrays the entire fan base in a negative light.

Same goes for the Yankee fans. Those who come out of the woodwork when the Yankees prevail and start with the "26 WCs", Bucky Dent, Buckner, etc. are jerkoffs...and they paint the entire Yankee fan population that way too.

ORS
09-26-2007, 08:59 AM
They are a necessary evil, and one that cannot be avoided. What's the saying, there are only two certainties in life, death and taxes? Well, I think you can add people are stupid to that, because in my experience, I'm surprised most people are able to leave the house without a drool cup.

I call them necessary because they are the purchasers of RSN cards, and pink hats, and etc, and etc. They are the reason the team is able to go out and trade away prospects for proven talent and sign pricey FAs to fill the gaps where the farm fell short.

As for the YS chants, I think they are stupid too. But, generally, it's the stupid interacting with the stupid. Most of the Sox games I go to are on the road, and one breaks out every game I'm at. Without exception, each one has been the result of some prick MFYF in full Jeter regalia showing his ass at a Sox game.... in Tampa.

BudLight
09-26-2007, 10:50 AM
ORS - I hear what you're saying - but it makes me wonder about that MFYF in full Jeter regalia - is he a Yankee fan or a Jeter fan? See, I believe there are fans of the name on the front of the jersey and fans of the name on the back of the jersey, in either case they should be able to show up at any game, anywhere in any regalia and not expect to be the "lightning bolt" for childish chants. I live in an NL city and see folks at the games in AL jerseys, what I don't see and hear are the local fans breaking into "XXX sucks" chants because of it.

ARod2212
09-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Without exception, each one has been the result of some prick MFYF in full Jeter regalia showing his ass at a Sox game.... in Tampa. I've gone to at least a half dozen games in the last 2 years where there was somebody wearing Red Sox stuff in my section at Yankee Stadium, in matchups with Chicago, Anaheim, etc. The phenomenon is not exclusive to Yankee fans.

ORS
09-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Oh, I'm well aware of the segment of RSN that is no different. Hell, isn't that what we were talking about, the undesirables?

And, BL, I don't think just wearing the laundry should warrant "lightning rod" treatment, and sometimes it does, unfortunately. In my experience, it wasn't just the laundry sparking any action. There are always others in Yankee gear who go unperturbed, but they aren't being obnoxious, like the chant starters usually are.

Personally, I think the chant is stupid and should never be used. No, I prefer wit. I was sitting near a group of guys all decked out and acting the fool, which started a chant. I didn't join in. Instead I merely quipped, "Hey, everyone thinks you are an ass for what you are wearing. Good job proving them right." Pretty quiet after that.

Mr Crunchy
09-27-2007, 07:14 AM
when grown men are dressed in the full uniforms of a player i can only suspect he is a masturbation addicted loser who lives in his parents basement and works the counter at d'angelos.
that isnt nearly as bad as the 70 year old men dressed up in nascar regalia,complete with fireproof asbestos jump suit and those wicked cool shoes

you hope these people dont vote and pray to the Lord that they dont have children

BudLight
09-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Will this be the new president's first order of business:

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Rackman/2007/09/27/It_Just_Doesnt_Ring_True

I say, what the hell - give it to them with an asterisk - the ring can be displayed in the HOF next to Barry's record breaking HR ball

09-27-2007, 03:49 PM
It's just another way for the club to bleed money out of its supporters.

Mr Crunchy
09-28-2007, 07:43 PM
It's just another way for the club to bleed money out of its supporters.

this guy says it all