PDA

View Full Version : Exit Sandman?

yankeessuck013
10-10-2007, 05:55 PM
If the Yankees plan to keep calling on Mariano Rivera in the ninth inning, they might want to think carefully about who would be handing him the ball. Rivera isn't happy that Joe Torre could be out as manager in New York and said the team's decision will be factored into whether he returns.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/wcStory?contentId=7317160&storyNumber=3&MSNHPHMA

TheKilo
10-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Sign him to set up for Papelbon

das11209
10-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Sign him to set up for Papelbon

Do you think that the best closer in the history of baseball will accept a set-up role? He is only 38 you know.

Mo is just being emotional after a heartbreaking loss that time will heal. When all set and done - I think Cashman will resign him.

Coco's Disciples
10-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Lol that'd be the sickest bullpen ever. Obviously not gonna happen. He'll be a Yankee for the rest of his career.

YAZMAN
10-10-2007, 07:35 PM
I hope they all read the writing on the wall with the way Torre is being treated and jump ship.

TheKilo
10-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Do you think that the best closer in the history of baseball will accept a set-up role? He is only 38 you know.

Mo is just being emotional after a heartbreaking loss that time will heal. When all set and done - I think Cashman will resign him.

Nah, Rivera is as good as ours next year. While we're at it we should sign Joe Nathan too, and have every pitcher only pitch one inning per game.

das11209
10-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Nah, Rivera is as good as ours next year. While we're at it we should sign Joe Nathan too, and have every pitcher only pitch one inning per game.

You have a point - we did kinda took a step at that by signing Gagne.:lol:

Optimist
10-11-2007, 05:13 PM
If Mo can't be on a team that is without Joe, he (most likely) won't be a Yankee next year. If that's how he wants to be, all the power in the world to him. I look forward to him turning down the big check the Yankees offer.

No player has the right to dictate what the team does.

ARod2212
10-11-2007, 05:23 PM
My guess is Torre stays with the team in some manner, not as manager, and smooths a lot of this stuff over. Rivera won't go anywhere.

ORS
10-11-2007, 05:23 PM
If Mo can't be on a team that is without Joe, he (most likely) won't be a Yankee next year. If that's how he wants to be, all the power in the world to him. I look forward to him turning down the big check the Yankees offer.

No player has the right to dictate what the team does.
And it begins.

As for the second part, he has every right in the world to do what he's doing. He's stated a condition for employment. Is that any different than Johnny Damon stating a condition for his employment with the Sox was the extra $3M the Yankees offered per year? Sometimes it isn't all about money. Sometimes its about respect.

26 to 6
10-11-2007, 09:48 PM
You have a point - we did kinda took a step at that by signing Gagne.:lol:
hahahaha and look where that almost got you.

TheKilo
10-11-2007, 11:15 PM
hahahaha and look where that almost got you.

It almost got us to the World Series?