PDA

View Full Version : REVERSE DICKPUNCH ALERT!!! TORRE TO BE ASKED BACK TO MANAGE NYY

jacksonianmarch
10-13-2007, 12:43 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=sports&id=5704479

I just told my dog to stay away from me for fear of punting. ANOTHER YR OF THE PLAYOFFS THEN A FIRST ROUND EXIT AWAIT!!! STRIKE UP THE DRUMS, I WANT ANOTHER PARTICIPATION BANNER!!! YEAH!!! AND EVEN BETTER, WHAT A GREAT WAY TO SHOW A YOUNG TEAM HOW TO BECOME GOOD THAN ALIENATING, ISOLATING AND OVERWORKING THEM UNTIL THEY NEED CORRECTIVE SURGERY OR PSYCHIATRIC ASSISTANCE TO PREVENT CAREER SUICIDE!!! I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!!

SchillingIsTheNatural
10-13-2007, 12:52 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=sports&id=5704479

I just told my dog to stay away from me for fear of punting. ANOTHER YR OF THE PLAYOFFS THEN A FIRST ROUND EXIT AWAIT!!! STRIKE UP THE DRUMS, I WANT ANOTHER PARTICIPATION BANNER!!! YEAH!!! AND EVEN BETTER, WHAT A GREAT WAY TO SHOW A YOUNG TEAM HOW TO BECOME GOOD THAN ALIENATING, ISOLATING AND OVERWORKING THEM UNTIL THEY NEED CORRECTIVE SURGERY OR PSYCHIATRIC ASSISTANCE TO PREVENT CAREER SUICIDE!!! I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!!

I'd love to see the Yankees ask him to come back and then Torre to leave....with Posada, Rivera, Pettite, and A-Rod just to stick it to the boss

jacksonianmarch
10-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Hank Steinbrenner has been making more and more appearances. I have a feeling George is done as "the boss". He probably still thinks Reggie is on the team.

YAZMAN
10-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Guess the Picture Puzzle

by: bbdoc

http://www.hyperorg.com/blogger/images/coffeepot1sm.jpg

First correct answer wins one reverse dickpunch.

riverside sluggers
10-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Yankees FO is dreading the free agent players (Arod, Rivera and Posada) leaving if Torre is fired. Ah another year of Jacko and his rants about what moves he does each game, old times will be here again

Coco's Disciples
10-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Called it!

jacksonianmarch
10-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Yankees FO is dreading the free agent players (Arod, Rivera and Posada) leaving if Torre is fired. Ah another year of Jacko and his rants about what moves he does each game, old times will be here again

at least I am consistent. I want nothing to do with Joe Torre.

a700hitter
10-13-2007, 03:52 PM
This is good news for Sox fans. This will help the Yankees retain their aging superstars for contracts that go well beyond their days as productive players. I am sure that they will also break the bank to keep ARod until age 30-40. That should prompt Captain Giggles to march into Cashman and demand and get a 3 or 4 year extension when he has 1 maybe 2 years left at SS. All of this, of course, will detract from their real need --- building a pitching staff.

26 to 6
10-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Hank Steinbrenner has been making more and more appearances. I have a feeling George is done as "the boss". He probably still thinks Reggie is on the team.
Yeah, but Hal is the one who's in line after George I believe, right?

...Wow, a little surprised. I'll just reserve my comments for right now..

YAZMAN
10-13-2007, 04:28 PM
This is good news for Sox fans. This will help the Yankees retain their aging superstars for contracts that go well beyond their days as productive players. I am sure that they will also break the bank to keep ARod until age 30-40. That should prompt Captain Giggles to march into Cashman and demand and get a 3 or 4 year extension when he has 1 maybe 2 years left at SS. All of this, of course, will detract from their real need --- building a pitching staff.

Hopefully they'll sign them all...

then bolster their pen by stealing Gagne from with a 4 year, 60 million contract.

YAZMAN
10-14-2007, 08:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/BoNeato/Priceless.jpg

with special thanks to TMW.

schillingouttheks
10-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Jacko, I told you that it wasn't a given. So much for that "bittersweet" ALDS loss. Sucks for you.

jacksonianmarch
10-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Jacko, I told you that it wasn't a given. So much for that "bittersweet" ALDS loss. Sucks for you.

bitter. bitter. bitter.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
http://images.art.com/images/products/regular/11790000/11790189.jpg

TheKilo
10-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Bobby Abreu is a goofy lookin' dude.

MDF3530
10-15-2007, 12:54 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/BoNeato/Priceless.jpg

with special thanks to TMW.LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: !!! This might be wallpaper material!

yankees228
10-16-2007, 07:31 PM
For what it's worth, I haven't really seen a good reason to fire Torre. Jacko, I know you've been advocating his firing for awhile, but I would just like to see you justify it all at once.

Gom
10-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Umm...blowing out your pen EVERY FUCKING SEASON??????

yankees228
10-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Umm...blowing out your pen EVERY FUCKING SEASON??????

Was it his fault that the starters weren't giving them any innings early in the season.

On top of that you guys are only focusing on one thing. Nobody is perfect, and, in my opinion, his positives (which you guys all ignore), out way his negatives.

Coco's Disciples
10-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Damn, you guys shoulda jumped on Dusty Baker when you had your chance.

Gom
10-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Fuck you Coco's Disciples

Coco's Disciples
10-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Twas but a jest.

Gom
10-16-2007, 08:40 PM
:)

Thumper
10-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Edit: Wrong thread.

Gom
10-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Dumb ass.

Gom
10-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Was it his fault that the starters weren't giving them any innings early in the season.

On top of that you guys are only focusing on one thing. Nobody is perfect, and, in my opinion, his positives (which you guys all ignore), out way his negatives.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was the first season he blew out his bullpen. My bad.

Torre is as good a manager in baseball when it comes to the end of a game until the beginning of the next one. He deflects blame for his players, they love him, etc.
As an X's and O's manager, he is lacking. He doesn't know when to run, when not to run, etc. He had one of the best base stealing teams in the AL against a weak catching duo in Cleveland. Damon, Jeter, Abreu, and Arod should have been track stars. He let them play station to station baseball. He burns out his bullpens faster than any manager in the history of baseball.

I think an X's and O's guy that knows how to manage a pen is worth more. End of story.

Thumper
10-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Dumb ass.

Joe Torre.

Oh wait! This isn't word association!

Gom
10-17-2007, 05:22 PM
:)

TheKilo
10-17-2007, 05:29 PM
They still twisting him in the wind?

Gom
10-17-2007, 05:30 PM
They still twisting him in the wind?
Technically speaking...no. His contract is up. He is as much a free agent as anyone.

yankees228
10-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was the first season he blew out his bullpen. My bad.

Torre is as good a manager in baseball when it comes to the end of a game until the beginning of the next one. He deflects blame for his players, they love him, etc.
As an X's and O's manager, he is lacking. He doesn't know when to run, when not to run, etc. He had one of the best base stealing teams in the AL against a weak catching duo in Cleveland. Damon, Jeter, Abreu, and Arod should have been track stars. He let them play station to station baseball. He burns out his bullpens faster than any manager in the history of baseball.

I think an X's and O's guy that knows how to manage a pen is worth more. End of story.

Remind me the last time the fact that Joe has blown out his bullpen cost the Yankees their season.

As for having them steal, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one, because I don't believe in having those guys steal a ton of bases. Before you complain about the Yankee's offense this year, you might want to take a look at the numbers they put up.

Mr Crunchy
10-17-2007, 08:49 PM
this guy had his team play 700 ball after the break
he didnt lose the team or the vets and he mixed in all those young kids without any issues
go ahead and fire him
demand he take a pay cut and humilate him in the press
i do enjoy this shit

Gom
10-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Remind me the last time the fact that Joe has blown out his bullpen cost the Yankees their season.

As for having them steal, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one, because I don't believe in having those guys steal a ton of bases. Before you complain about the Yankee's offense this year, you might want to take a look at the numbers they put up.
2004, going to Gordon, overworking him. Blowing out the arm of Sturtze, Quantrill, Vizcaino. Overusing Proctor. Are you going to tell me that Torre knows how to manage a pen?

I mean, come on...when your GM has to call you and tell you that you are overworking your pen...and he is a pencil necked geek who probably couldn't hit a wiffle ball, and you are a former All-Star catcher...get real.

As for running...Martinez is weak behind the plate. They should have run all day long. Put the ball in play, make them make the plays to beat you. When the pitching gets better in the post-season, runs become harder to come by. It's different if he didn't have the tools. But he does. He should have been running with all of his players that can run. Abreu, Damon, Jeter, Arod. Running, or at least letting the other team you will, results in more fastballs, better counts, etc. Keeps you out of double plays, which, I believe the Yankees may have hit into one or two times that series.

You don't run on the Tigers. However, teams with weak throwing catchers, which is pretty much the Indians and the Red Sox, I would run all day on them. He doesn't utilize the tools he has. He sucks.

TheKilo
10-18-2007, 07:07 AM
2004, going to Gordon, overworking him. Blowing out the arm of Sturtze, Quantrill, Vizcaino. Overusing Proctor. Are you going to tell me that Torre knows how to manage a pen?

Vizcaino was pretty good for you guys in the second half.
Proctor pitched his best games toward the end of last year, as a result of being "overworked."

I mean, come on...when your GM has to call you and tell you that you are overworking your pen...and he is a pencil necked geek who probably couldn't hit a wiffle ball, and you are a former All-Star catcher...get real.

Link?

Besides, if the starters could give them more than 4 innings their pen wouldn't have been so taxed.

As for running...Martinez is weak behind the plate. They should have run all day long. Put the ball in play, make them make the plays to beat you. When the pitching gets better in the post-season, runs become harder to come by. It's different if he didn't have the tools. But he does. He should have been running with all of his players that can run. Abreu, Damon, Jeter, Arod. Running, or at least letting the other team you will, results in more fastballs, better counts, etc. Keeps you out of double plays, which, I believe the Yankees may have hit into one or two times that series.

Maybe. Jeter's knee was really bothering him though, it was quite visible so I dunno if you run with him. The rest maybe.

You don't run on the Tigers. However, teams with weak throwing catchers, which is pretty much the Indians and the Red Sox, I would run all day on them. He doesn't utilize the tools he has. He sucks.

If "he doesn't steal enough" is your main criticism, then IMO he shouldn't be fired. In order for stealing to be a worthwhile venture you have to be successful at least 70% of the time. Otherwise you're just consistently running into outs.

Mr Crunchy
10-18-2007, 08:17 AM
whos going to steal when your down 3 runs and power is coming up?
better yet
how can you steal when youre not on base?
the yanks ran some this year but damon is constantly banged up or out of shape depending on who you ask..
if im not mistaken arod jetsey and damon all stole 25 bases this year

anyways
situatiions call for stealing and the yanks really had no oppurtunity to steal be it from a lack of base runners or the score in the game.

yankees228
10-18-2007, 03:12 PM

I asked you if Torre's bullpen management has cost them a world series. You failed to answer that question. If Mariano Rivera had gotten three outs in game four the Yankees would have won the ALCS and probably the World Series. Don't bring Gordon into the mix, because he is not really the reason that they lost.

Oh, and Gom, before you trash Martinez take a look at where he ranked this year in terms of throwing out potential base stealers. You might be surprised considering what the perception is.

VA Sox Fan
10-18-2007, 03:14 PM
From the Globe:

October 18, 2007

Torre out as Yankee manager
By Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff

Joe Torre has turned down a 1-year deal with a vested option to return to manage the Yankees, president Randy Levine just said in a conference call.

Levine said the Yankee brass offered Torre a $5 million base with $1 million in signing bonuses, $1 million for making the ALCS and $1 million if he made the World Series. Levine said the option would vest if Torre made it to the World Series for $8 million in 2009.

Levine said Torre turned the deal down and now the Yankees are going "to move quickly" to hire a new manager, but did not reveal who.

Posted By: ncafardo | Time: 04:06:13 PM

mtbykr
10-18-2007, 03:26 PM
seems pretty obvious they didn't want Torre there, and now Torre's the guy who walked away instead of the yanks letting him go......i doubt the NY fans will buy it though

jacksonianmarch
10-18-2007, 04:04 PM
it was a more than fair offer. I am happy it happened this way rather than just not giving an offer at all. But the Torre reign is over. Great successes overriding horrible in game management.

YAZMAN
10-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Let's fast forward to June 2008:

FIRE DONNY, FIRE DONNY!!!

jacksonianmarch
10-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Let's fast forward to June 2008:

We shall see. If he is a mirror image of Torre, then that certainly could be the case. I'd love to have Girardi out there.

YAZMAN
10-18-2007, 05:05 PM
I'd love to have Girardi out there.

That would be great for you, then you'd be able to reuse all your "FIRE JOE, FIRE JOE!! clipart.

a700hitter
10-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Does any other manager make as much as $5 million/year? Torre was an idiot to turn down this deal.

redsoxrules
10-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Does any other manager make as much as $5 million/year? Torre was an idiot to turn down this deal.

I'm pretty sure that money wasent the reason he turned down the deal

a700hitter
10-18-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm pretty sure that money wasent the reason he turned down the dealUnless they were going to make him sit on the bench naked, he's an idiot for turning it down. They haven't wanted him there for the last couple of years and he didn't walk away. What changed now that he walked away other than the money?

Gom
10-19-2007, 12:21 AM
For five million a year, you can abuse me all you want. Do guys have any idea how much that is?

That's $416,666 A MONTH.
That's $96,153 A WEEK.

For sucking at your job. FUCK HIM.

Mr Crunchy
10-19-2007, 07:33 AM
torres got his money
he doesnt need to take the insult or the bullshit for an extra couple mill per
the yanks offered him enuff to walk away and enuff to pretend they wanted him
good,more chaos in the cesspool known as the bronx
what is going to develop now?
will rivera petitte and whorrrrrrre heey bolt?
will torre be managing in baltimore or losangeles?
what about boston?

Gom
10-19-2007, 08:43 AM
Pretend they want him????

By offering more money than any manager in baseball???? Are you serious?

TheKilo
10-19-2007, 09:35 AM

The pretending is the one year deal portion.

schillingouttheks
10-19-2007, 09:36 AM

$5M for ONE YEAR? Yeah, $5M for one year can't be stomached by them in a worst case scenario.

If they really wanted him, they would have offered him multiple years. Good for Torre. He didn't deserve the shit he got.

VA Sox Fan
10-19-2007, 09:55 AM
bump for mosox

jacksonianmarch
10-19-2007, 10:16 AM
$5M for ONE YEAR? Yeah, $5M for one year can't be stomached by them in a worst case scenario.

If they really wanted him, they would have offered him multiple years. Good for Torre. He didn't deserve the shit he got.

are you continuing to stir the pot just to get a rise out of us. Its not working. Joe was given a more than fair offer and he turned it down.

TheKilo
10-19-2007, 10:23 AM
are you continuing to stir the pot just to get a rise out of us. Its not working. Joe was given a more than fair offer and he turned it down.

Joe made it known he wanted to manage til he was 70. He's 67.

At the very least he should have gotten more than one guaranteed year.

This way NYY makes a pathetic attempt to save face.

jacksonianmarch
10-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Joe made it known he wanted to manage til he was 70. He's 67.

At the very least he should have gotten more than one guaranteed year.

This way NYY makes a pathetic attempt to save face.

Joe Torre made 19.2 million dollars over the past 3 season. 19.2. That is the highest AAV for a manager in the history of the game by FAR. That contract saw the yankees go 4-9 in the postseason while watching the sox win their first division title this season. What made Torre earn anything more?

Well look at his second halves!!!!
If his team didnt suck during the first half, then maybe he wouldnt have needed to go balls out in the second half.

Its the TEAM who is at fault, not the manager!!!!
How is a manager judged then? Why do managers get fired? Who knows, right?

The playoffs are a CRAPSHOOT!!!
Then dont give him credit for 4 WS titles while blowing off the next 7 yrs of his career.

He put his players in a position to win and they SUCKED!!!
Total lie. Ask Tom Gordon or Paul Quantrill if they were in a position to win come October? How about Steve Karsay, who Torre managed into retirement. Scott Proctor says hello. As does Vizcaino, who was as useless as he was in april when he threw in October, because Torre used him too often. He hasnt left a bullpen in a position to win for the playoffs since Stanton and Nelson broke away the first time. His pens are tired. His players are tired.

At the same time, there has been some articles that hit this thing right on the head. In the late 90s, the yankees needed no motivation. They had guys who got up for every game, playing as if their lives depended on it. Those guys left, and in came the guys we bought, who were confident in their ability and were okay with complacency and that is what Torre allowed, complacency. No fire, they came to work, and went home. Yeah, they turned it on when it looked like they were out of it, but they payed the toll for having to be in overdrive for the last 3 months after being stuck in neutral for the better part of the spring. We need someone who wont allow complacency. As I have said before, Torre's approach is great for the regular season. He'll use up every single game to get his team there, but his approach has left his teams unprepared for the playoffs. No sense of urgency, and it hurt us. It was time for a change, and I am glad that he left on his terms. i dont care what any of the other morons think of this move, it was more than generous. If you dont think so then you are solely trying to lay it on thick and try to get us mad. Nobody in their right mind would think that the deal laid forth by management was unfair. He didnt deserve another contract like he had. He was given a contract that he could earn and he didnt want to take that route. Goodbye to likely the most overrated personality in NY sports history, good riddance.

Gom
10-19-2007, 11:27 AM
He was given a contract that he could earn and he didnt want to take that route. Goodbye to likely the most overrated personality in NY sports history, good riddance.
Bingo.

For once, we are in complete and utter agreement.

TheKilo
10-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Joe Torre made 19.2 million dollars over the past 3 season. 19.2. That is the highest AAV for a manager in the history of the game by FAR. That contract saw the yankees go 4-9 in the postseason while watching the sox win their first division title this season. What made Torre earn anything more?

His players loved him and he was able to handle the pressure cooker of NYY better than ANY OTHER MANAGER during Steinbrenner's tenure.

If the players give him credit for the turnaround, why don't you?

Well look at his second halves!!!!
If his team didnt suck during the first half, then maybe he wouldnt have needed to go balls out in the second half.

Well, how did he manage them to a 14.5 game deficit? Tell me please.

Its the TEAM who is at fault, not the manager!!!!
How is a manager judged then? Why do managers get fired? Who knows, right?

Typically I thought it was the team's record, and the relationship they had with the players, and how well they manage the relationships in the clubhouse. Torre has done a pretty good job on all three counts.

The playoffs are a CRAPSHOOT!!!
Then dont give him credit for 4 WS titles while blowing off the next 7 yrs of his career.

If they aren't a crapshoot, don't blame him for his teams' losses the last three years. Blame the players.

He put his players in a position to win and they SUCKED!!!
Total lie. Ask Tom Gordon or Paul Quantrill if they were in a position to win come October?

Look at Tom Gordon's career postseason numbers. He's been consistently bad wherever he goes.

How about Steve Karsay, who Torre managed into retirement.

Didn't he get hurt?

Scott Proctor says hello.

How come he was excellent in August/September last year, even though "he was being overworked"?

As does Vizcaino, who was as useless as he was in april when he threw in October, because Torre used him too often.

Were you complaining when Vizcaino was supremely effective from June-September?

Besides, in must win games in the middle of the season, would you rather he used Farnsworth? Bruney?

He hasnt left a bullpen in a position to win for the playoffs since Stanton and Nelson broke away the first time. His pens are tired. His players are tired.

Maybe because the starting rotation that's been assembled for him since them SUCKED BALLS.

When your starters don't go past 5, you have to use your bullpen. Duhhhhhhhhh.

At the same time, there has been some articles that hit this thing right on the head. In the late 90s, the yankees needed no motivation. They had guys who got up for every game, playing as if their lives depended on it.

Why do these guys give Torre so much credit then?

Those guys left, and in came the guys we bought, who were confident in their ability and were okay with complacency and that is what Torre allowed, complacency. No fire, they came to work, and went home. Yeah, they turned it on when it looked like they were out of it, but they payed the toll for having to be in overdrive for the last 3 months after being stuck in neutral for the better part of the spring.

So basically, you wanted Torre to pull a Lou Piniella?

We need someone who wont allow complacency. As I have said before, Torre's approach is great for the regular season. He'll use up every single game to get his team there, but his approach has left his teams unprepared for the playoffs. No sense of urgency, and it hurt us. It was time for a change, and I am glad that he left on his terms. i dont care what any of the other morons think of this move, it was more than generous. If you dont think so then you are solely trying to lay it on thick and try to get us mad. Nobody in their right mind would think that the deal laid forth by management was unfair. He didnt deserve another contract like he had. He was given a contract that he could earn and he didnt want to take that route. Goodbye to likely the most overrated personality in NY sports history, good riddance.

The sense of entitlement in this post is staggering.

Gom
10-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Would you rather have Torre than Francano, Kilo?

Is Torre worth to his team three times more important than Francona's is to his team? Twice as much as Pinella's? Four times as much as Leyland's?

HE WAS OFFERED THE HIGHEST SALARY IN BASEBALL NO MATTER WHAT THE OUTCOME OF HIS TEAM'S PERFORMANCE!!!

He turned it down. Do you realize that with every incentive for every other manager, he still would have made more than any manager in baseball next year?

Joe Torre's sense of entitlement is staggering. Get it right.

YAZMAN
10-19-2007, 02:00 PM
For five million a year, you can abuse me all you want. Do guys have any idea how much that is?

That's $416,666 A MONTH.
That's $96,153 A WEEK.

For sucking at your job. FUCK HIM.

Jenna Jameson sucks at her job and she makes way more than that. He needs to find a better use of that schnozz than managing MLB.

Gom
10-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Jenna Jameson sucks at her job and she makes way more than that. He needs to find a better use of that schnozz than managing MLB.

91K for a week of blow jobs from Jenna Jameson. Too rich for me. How much for just one?

YAZMAN
10-19-2007, 04:50 PM
91K for a week of blow jobs from Jenna Jameson. Too rich for me. How much for just one?

Don't forget the medical bill for the heart attact or head trauma from hitting the floor after passing out, LOL!

Gom
10-19-2007, 06:17 PM
I've had girls as hot as Jenna. I've had blowjobs that I guess were as good as the one's she gives.

Never had both in the same girl. I'd be married if I had found that.

VA Sox Fan
10-19-2007, 06:19 PM
I've had girls as hot as Jenna. I've had blowjobs that I guess were as good as the one's she gives.

Never had both in the same girl. I'd be married if I had found that.

:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

schillingouttheks
10-19-2007, 10:18 PM

No, I just replied to the two posts that I found in two different threads that warranted that response.

Taliesin
10-19-2007, 11:46 PM
I love how these people take up residence on an enemy forum, somehow claim dominion over certain threads they started, then take affront when they are challenged. Rise and hard-on also seem to be the vocabulary of the day from that contingent.

I posted once on a mfy forum...after game 7 in 04' because well it was a long time a comin' (to keep w/ the theme)...one post. That was enough. Banned...immediately. Bored immediately.

I actually have some great old Yankee fans who are friends of mine....they don't resort to time-worn cliches or juvenile antics. We just talk about baseball. We agree to disagree and go to our corners when the bell rings. We don't resort to asinine arguments or thinly veiled insults by the insolent and over-indulged. The pampered.

Get a rise out of "us?" Alright. I wouldn't have explained my response. There is "us"...being this is a Red Sox fan forum and there is them. P.C. and dignified as it all is here and on-topic as things must be, and it would be awfully dull if there weren't opposing opinions about most things as long as there is a modicum of reasonable debate....no sense of apology or explanation needs to be offered when one of "them" tries to exert power through a tactic of excess verbosity. Or boring banality.

Chaos theory. Look at the Glob forum. It's been overrun by their "fans."

TheKilo
08-13-2008, 10:58 PM
So, what happens to Girardi if they miss the playoffs?

Gom
08-13-2008, 11:02 PM
They fire Cashman.

TheKilo
08-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Does it change your opinion of Torre?

(lol no)

yankees228
08-13-2008, 11:53 PM
Does it change your opinion of Torre?

(lol no)

lol of course not. It's funny. Everyone take a look at the very first post of this thread. Making the playoff would have been quite nice.

I'm not really blaming Girardi for this season, but it's more that I'm defending Torre.

yankees228
08-13-2008, 11:56 PM
I don't want to quote the entire thing because it's long, but refer to post number 55 on page 4 of this thread.

I know it's old, but great post Kilo.

EDIT: It reveals the stupidity of some of the arguments against Torre.