PDA

View Full Version : ITS OVER!!!

Soxfan#1
02-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Strikewatch: It's Over!
By Kristin Dos Santos Sun Feb 10, 2:57 PM PST

We just got back from the big WGA press conference in Hollywood, where it was announced that assuming the writers don't go loco between now and the official vote (don't worry, they won't), the strike is officially over as of this Tuesday night, and the writers will be back to work on Wednesday.

Man, it feels good to type that.

Some of our favorite show runners will be back to work in a producer capacity as early as tomorrow, and some (not all) of the shows we love will produce more episodes for this season.

So happy.

Coco's Disciples
02-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Cool

Thumper
02-10-2008, 10:32 PM
NICE

riverside sluggers
02-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Ok so any possible time table for the next season of 24? :)

schillingouttheks
02-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Whatever happened with 24 anyway?

yankeessuck013
02-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Finally.

ARod2212
02-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Now start writing and filming House, already. They teased me with the three episodes in a week.

MANNYHOF24
02-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Ok so any possible time table for the next season of 24? :)

Possibly 12 starting March 3rd, and then finishing the season in the Fall with 12 more episodes. Then season 8 would start on time in Jan of 2009.

mtbykr
02-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Possibly 12 starting March 3rd, and then finishing the season in the Fall with 12 more episodes. Then season 8 would start on time in Jan of 2009.

No they said they wanted to do them all together and that's why they didn't start in January. Now that they can film again i would imagine it starting late spring early summer. The sooner the better!

MANNYHOF24
02-11-2008, 12:26 PM
No they said they wanted to do them all together and that's why they didn't start in January. Now that they can film again i would imagine it starting late spring early summer. The sooner the better!

From what I've heard the 12-12 is a strong possibility because the only other alternative would be Jan 09. They wont run into the summer.

Soxfan#1
02-11-2008, 04:31 PM
24 writers won't do 12-12. They would have not postponed it in the first place. All 24 will happen at the same time.

schillingouttheks
02-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I have a strong feeling that this season of 24 is going to be an absolute flop, or absolutely amazing. It won't be so-so.

MANNYHOF24
02-11-2008, 07:36 PM
24 writers won't do 12-12. They would have not postponed it in the first place. All 24 will happen at the same time.

That's not true. When the strike started they only had 8 episodes done. So they had no idea of how long the strike was going to go. If they had started the season on time with only 8 episodes they would have run out by late febuary. This would have caused a huge hiatus from febuary to September. Now that they can do 12 from March to May, and 12 from Sept. to december and then have season 8 premiere in Jan of 09. I know for a fact that this is one of the scenarios that they are considering. Though I have heard that they are leaning to no 24 at all until Jan 09, which I think would suck.

Also Soxfan, you may not know this but the first three season did not air non-stop. They all started in Nov and ended in May. So this would not be completely unprecedented. I need a Bauer fix, damn it!!

MANNYHOF24
02-11-2008, 07:38 PM
I have a strong feeling that this season of 24 is going to be an absolute flop, or absolutely amazing. It won't be so-so.

It all depends if they can pull of the whole Tony resurection thing properly. The trailer looked really good, but thats not saying a whole lot seeing on how the trailer for season six also looked awesome.

MANNYHOF24
02-11-2008, 07:40 PM
On a non-24 note, Lost will most likely create between 4-8 additional episodes on top of the 8 that were filmed before the strike started. That would give the season 12-16. I was so scared that we were only going to get 8 lost episodes, that would have been tragic.

Soxfan#1
02-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Damon said that they're aiming to make another 7.

I've been getting my Jack Bauer urge filled rewatching the seasons with the family. We're watching season 6 right now which is bloody terrible, but its not that bad when you watch them consecutively.

I also noticed I've got some prison break problem. Its very cold here, but for some reason I've been twitching during the really suspenseful parts. Its the escape episode so I think thats it, but its a mild shake. :lol:

Soxfan#1
02-11-2008, 08:34 PM
That's not true. When the strike started they only had 8 episodes done. So they had no idea of how long the strike was going to go. If they had started the season on time with only 8 episodes they would have run out by late febuary. This would have caused a huge hiatus from febuary to September. Now that they can do 12 from March to May, and 12 from Sept. to december and then have season 8 premiere in Jan of 09. I know for a fact that this is one of the scenarios that they are considering. Though I have heard that they are leaning to no 24 at all until Jan 09, which I think would suck.

Also Soxfan, you may not know this but the first three season did not air non-stop. They all started in Nov and ended in May. So this would not be completely unprecedented. I need a Bauer fix, damn it!!

Yeah I didn't know that. Hopefully their in succession. I won't be able to take another break.

yankeessuck013
02-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Most will be back. But not ALL shows.

This is about as comprehensive a list of what's coming back and when(you might want to put it in your bookmarks,and refresh it often-as information will likely change hourly):

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Wga-Strike-Favorite/800032698