PDA

View Full Version : The Wire

VA Sox Fan
02-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Probably the best show I've ever seen. So sad it's coming to an end in a few more episodes.

Any others out there watch? I'm pretty sure ORS does.

ORS
02-19-2008, 03:01 PM
I absolutely watch. Hands down the best, and there will be void once this season ends. That's HBO, though. They do a good job, IMO, of ending a series before it gets stale. Although, with The Wire, it would never get old.

How are you liking this season? Marlo's a fool for giving Omar a reason to return. Omar is the shiz. I didn't like the McNulty angle when he started it, but now I'm onboard and hope he gets away with it. How about Clay Davis? Reminds me of growing up in DC when they reelected Marion Barry after the crack-pipe/hooker incident. I love this show.

VA Sox Fan
02-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Season 4 was my favorite but I am liking this one as well.

Marlo needs to go! Omar is THE man. I'm with you on the McNulty thing but I think it may end badly for him. The actor that plays Clay Davis is awesome, he cracks me up, playing the race card and can't get enough of his "sheeeeeeeit"!!!!

I feel sad for Dookie and Randy, I hope Michael kills Marlo's ass, he's much younger but seems a hell of a lot smarter than Marlo in some ways. Prop Joe deserved a little better, considering, but that's power trippin' Marlo for you. Bubbles is doing well and looking good. Carcetti is getting on my nerves, typical f-ing politician. The media angle has been an interesting one, pretty scary in a way.

You are 100% right about this show never getting old. I have Comcast On Demand and it shows the next episode a week before it airs on other outlets, so I've only got 2 more episodes to go. Won't give anything away, b/c that would suck AND not be cool but will enjoy getting your take on things.

I've heard the same creators may do similar type show based in New Orleans, hope it's on HBO. Not a lot on now (haven't checked out In Treatment, not sure I'd be too into it). Looking forward to Big Love coming back.

And, of course, thank Gawd that baseball season is right around the corner!

ORS
02-25-2008, 08:09 AM
Kennard? Seriously? Wow, caught me off guard, but I suppose that is the point. A great man like Omar can fall at the hands of a little hopper. Just another day in the game. The preview for Ep9 is crazy. Looks like Marlo gets nabbed by Major Crimes. Chris is in Bunk's sights. Michael appears to take Snoop out. Gus has something for Templeton. Can't wait, but I'll have to. We were with Adelphia, but Comcast bought them out, so we won't have OnDemand up and running until later this summer.

VA Sox Fan
02-25-2008, 10:22 AM
I was cussing, ranting and raving when Omar got taken out. I've always hated that little shit Kennard-even more so after seeing him pouring ligher fluid on the cat and now this? Omar was there from the beginning and I was so hoping he'd take Marlo out.

Michael could be taking Chris or Snoop out since he was with both of them when Chris told him to always show up early. Templeton is a wuss, it'll be interesting to see what happens with him.

Poor Dukie working w/ the junk man, I want to scream "Get your GED!" He's so smart but has no direction or guidance.

I'm tempted to go home at lunch and watch Ep9 but will probably have to wait until after work. I'll let you know how it is w/out giving anything away.

ORS
02-25-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm guessing it is Snoop since Chris is on a murder rap now. It looked like Marlo was in a cell when he was talking about his name being out on the street and Chris was there.

VA Sox Fan
02-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Another great episode, things are starting to get sad but there were some bright spots and faces we haven't seen this season.

I'm hoping the finale is 2 hours but the previews didn't "say" it would be. Can't wait to see it but dreading it at the same time.

Mr Crunchy
02-26-2008, 09:08 AM
ellie mae
what would the good folk in richmond say about you watching all these darkies on HBO on the sabbath no less??

i like this show too
marlo is a sinister little prick who is to be admired
i still cant figure out if chris is a man or a woman,much like the chris i work with here

ORS
02-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Crunch, you mean Snoop, right? Snoop is woman, and that's her real street name as she is a former Baltimore gang-banger.

VA Sox Fan
02-26-2008, 10:18 AM
ellie mae
what would the good folk in richmond say about you watching all these darkies on HBO on the sabbath no less??

i like this show too
marlo is a sinister little prick who is to be admired
i still cant figure out if chris is a man or a woman,much like the chris i work with here

Hey Seano! Hope all is well with you and yours.

It's the best show on television bro. Although I don't live in the city of Richmond, it is about 80% black, so they'd be "down" with me watching this show.

Marlo is ambitious and smart but has people killed for dumb reasons....he should stick with "whacking" people for strictly business reasons. I have more admiration for 15 yr old Michael. I hope like hell Marlo goes down in the end, he's a cold blooded shit.

And like ORS said, you are thinking of Snoop, she's definitely a chick, one of my favorite characters. Chris is the darker skinned guy that is usually with her.

VA Sox Fan
02-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Just read in TV Guide, the final episode is 93 minutes long and the newspaper editor Gus (Clark Johnson) directed it.

Mr Crunchy
02-27-2008, 08:34 AM
snoop is a chick?
wow
i never wouldve guessed

VA Sox Fan
02-27-2008, 10:05 AM
http://www.hbo.com/thewire/cast/actors/felicia_pearson.shtml

My favorite scene of hers was the first episode of season 4 when she goes into the Home Depot-type store to buy the nail gun. That was the first episode I ever saw and was hooked instantly!

Mr Crunchy
02-28-2008, 08:50 AM
me too
she gives the guy 900.00 bucks for a nail gun or a compressor? and doesnt want to be bothered with checking out at the line....""no fuck dat here""peels off a few c notes....
i think the walrus has her pinup

VA Sox Fan
02-28-2008, 02:49 PM
me too
she gives the guy 900.00 bucks for a nail gun or a compressor? and doesnt want to be bothered with checking out at the line....""no fuck dat here""peels off a few c notes....
i think the walrus has her pinup

Yeah she just TMW's type, ha ha! It was definitely a nail gun to board up the vacants where they put the dead bodies etc.

VA Sox Fan
03-03-2008, 12:31 PM
ORS-did you see last night's episode?

I just found out the Series Finale won't be On Demand, I have to wait until Sunday-dammit!!

ORS
03-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Oh yeah, I watched. I loved the "How my hair look?" from Snoop before taking a lead slug. Priceless. Templeton's up the creek without paddle or boat. Gus has his number. It looked like McNulty was pressuring him for something, so he'll probably be trying to force more made up news with Gus paying full attention.

It will be interesting to see what happens with McNulty. Do they go after him publicly, or do they keep it quiet because it worked and landed them a ton of good press? I'm sure his career is over, but I suspect they may want to keep it quiet because of the results. A send off kind of like what Bunny Colvin got.

Not sure how it will play, but I'd like to see Mike take Marlo out. Marlo's got no muscle now, and he's got to get out and protect his name. He'll be exposed. Get him.

Looks like Dookie will be a casualty to the junk. Sad, but I expected that. He was the weakest of the 4 kids, and this show is about telling it like it really is. I'd actually be upset if all 4 kids made it through those rough streets without a casualty (not literal).

I can't believe there's only 90 minutes left. How do they send it off with so much left open? I know part of the point is that the streets just keep going and going, but I feel like there might be too much left unresolved at the end of this one. We'll see.

VA Sox Fan
03-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Hated to see Snoop go but it was her time. I also loved the exchange between she and Michael "You look good girl" then BOOM.

It was great to see Namond and Bunny. He's obviously the only ONE that makes it out. It tore me up when Michael took Bug to his aunt's and the Dukie situation looks bleak. We'll see Prezbo in the finale but again, appears he won't be able to help.

I'm so afraid the wire tap will be found "illegal" and Marlo walks. Obviously he gets out some how and I'm with you, I hope Michael takes him out. Prop Joe was right when he told Marlo to never use cell phones. That shit never would have happened had Prop Joe still been in charge of the shipments etc.

I love Gus and hope Templeton goes down, will be interesting to see how that all plays out.

How about Freamon getting info from Clay "Shiiiiiiiit" Davis? He's bluffing him b/c the Feds already said they didn't want to try the case. Freamon is a smart dude, love watching him work. Will be interesting to see what happens with he and McNulty. I think you've hit the nail on the head with your predictions.

You are SO right about 90 minutes not being enough. I think they'll wrap it up the best they can, better but in a Soprano's sort of way.

Looking forward to Sunday BIG TIME....the finale and Daylight Savings time begins! YEAH!

ORS
03-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Great ending. Mike is the new Omar. Carver the new Daniels. Sydnor the new McNulty. Marlo the new Barksdale - I like how he noticed the development game wasn't his thing unlike Stringer. Dookie the new Bubbles. And round and round it goes. No new Lester Freemon though, so the cops lose out.

Carcetti is just another politician getting elected on false promises and playing the game for higher office - which worked out like in real life. Templeton gets rewarded for lying, and will go on to national spotlight elsewhere while the better journalist gets stuck doing copy editing like Gus. On and on it goes.

Can't believe it's over. Aren't these guys doing something new relatively soon? I'll be tuning in.

VA Sox Fan
03-11-2008, 07:51 PM
It was a great ending! Glad they stuck to reality and didn't try to "mush things up" which I never expected they'd do.

Again, you hit the nail on the head. Everything just goes on, just new people filling old roles. Loved Slim taking Cheese out "for Joe".

Daniels wanted to try to do the right thing with the Police Dept but couldn't.

Not sure when they'll be doing something new. But I can't wait!

I feel like watching it all over again from the beginning. There is SO MUCH CRAP on TV now. I like Lost a lot. But thank God baseball is right around the corner.

Mr Crunchy
03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
hbo always leaves ya wanting more