PDA

View Full Version : Stadium draft order update...please read

Gom
03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
The stadium draft is taking too long in my mind.

So here is the way it will work. It's not fair for everyone to wait as one person takes a long time to pick. So, in a measure of my infinite powers, I will enact the following provision:

Stadium picks due by 11:00 P.M. Wednesday, March 13th.

Everyone get your picks in. PM with your picks. Please send me at least your top three, if not more. I will simply go down the list in the order, and assign the stadiums to you. If you miss your pick by simply not making a selection, your loss. Also, if you haven't named your team or picked a stadium, I will assume you are not playing and moving you to the end of the draft.

Jayhawk Bill
03-12-2008, 07:06 PM
The stadium draft is taking too long in my mind.

So here is the way it will work. It's not fair for everyone to wait as one person takes a long time to pick. So, in a measure of my infinite powers, I will enact the following provision:

Stadium picks due by 11:00 P.M. Wednesday, March 13th.

Everyone get your picks in. PM with your picks. Please send me at least your top three, if not more. I will simply go down the list in the order, and assign the stadiums to you. If you miss your pick by simply not making a selection, your loss. Also, if you haven't named your team or picked a stadium, I will assume you are not playing and moving you to the end of the draft.

What the fuck?????

I thought that there was a draft Friday...what's up?

Is this a league or a "Whatever Gom Sez Social Club?"

Gom
03-12-2008, 11:13 PM
These are stadium picks Jayhawk.

The regular draft is as planned.

Some people, especially those that may not be at the draft, want to know how to build their teams.

If you couldn't look at a list of 30 ballclubs, and pick one, and only one, in four days, how serious are you about playing?

This isn't directed towards you in any way whatsoever, just in general.

Jayhawk Bill
03-13-2008, 07:08 PM
These are stadium picks Jayhawk.

The regular draft is as planned.

Some people, especially those that may not be at the draft, want to know how to build their teams.

If you couldn't look at a list of 30 ballclubs, and pick one, and only one, in four days, how serious are you about playing?

This isn't directed towards you in any way whatsoever, just in general.

First, Gom, my apologies for the outburst.

That said, I'm new at OOTP. I don't know what a "stadium draft" is; I was going to come up to speed on the provided links today, but I saw a note last night that a draft had been rescheduled for 11:00 PM by your decision, and that my complete input was due in three hours. Accordingly, I posted a response appropriate to that interpretation and I blew off preparation--there's no way that one can prepare for a draft in three hours, and a team that isn't drafted properly sucks.

If my seriousness is in question, Gom, I withdraw. Your league deserves serious players...and perhaps it requires players more familiar with the system than I am. :dunno:

Gom
03-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Dude, play. It wasn't directed towards you. Now pick your stadium. There have been some people who have said they wanted to play, and haven't responded at all. You aren't one of them.

Now that I've smoothed out your panties, see you tomorrow at 8 PM.