Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees Trade Rumors

I'm sure Cashman asked about him as part of his due diligence as GM. But seems highly unlikely that he lands him.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The Yanks interest in a Machado/Britton package is “heating up”. I call BS. I bet the O’s are feeding that to get a better offer from the Dodgers
    Yep.

Unless Cashman is thinking big. Trade Andujar & Sheffield to the Mets for Degrom. Acquire Machado to replace Andujar. I'm not sure what it would take, probably Florial. The Yankees resign Machado (for 3b) after the season. That would add two elite pieces to the Yankees and they would then be the best team in baseball, not only this year but over the next few seasons.

It makes absolutely no sense to deal Andujar. He’s been a very solid contributor on this club. He’s not Machado, but Andujar has five more years of control attached. I wonder if they’re dabbling in the Machado market because the price is dropping. Maybe they get Machado for akin to what the DBacks got JMart for and push Andujar to AAA for enough time for us to get another year of control?

I’m also as convinced as ever that we aren’t getting DeGrom. With Wilpon more concerned about the back pages than rebuilding his club, I doubt he’d deal to the Yankees without getting a premium just because they share a city. The Yanks don’t need to pay it. I like the idea of stealing Britton and effectively asking your starter to go 3-4 innings in the playoffs

I don't buy the argument that the Yankees intend to trade for Machado and then send Andujar down. If they are motivated to acquire Machado, I'm guessing they are considering moving Andujar in a trade for a starting pitcher. They would then resign Machado in the offseason. It's not a bad idea. Championships are more important than prospects.

I hope the Yanks trade some of their best young talent for a guy they could just sign this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I hope the Yanks trade some of their best young talent for a guy they could just sign this winter.
    That's the reason I don't think it's going to happen, it's a very long shot unless there are more players involved like Britton and the Yankees unload Ellsbury on them.

If not, what's the point to trade for him if they can have him for only money in the offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    That's the reason I don't think it's going to happen, it's a very long shot unless there are more players involved like Britton and the Yankees unload Ellsbury on them.

If not, what's the point to trade for him if they can have him for only money in the offseason?
    The O's will not take Ellsbury, unless the Yanks add another top prospect or young player.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The O's will not take Ellsbury, unless the Yanks add another top prospect or young player.
    I know, that's why this trade is not happening, not enough motivation on the Yanks side, we are covered in the IF even if Machado is a top talent, Britton will be just for insurance no because of a current need. Cashman should stay on the SP market, need a TOTR pitcher

I disagree on the TOTR starter. I think we need an innings eater type to save our pen come post season. Once we get into the postseason, that innings eater or Gray (whomever is sucking the least) can “start” game 4 of any series we play with the pen rescuing them at the first sign of trouble.

We’re going to follow the 2015 Royals method of playoff staff management. Sevy, CC and Tanaka will get a few innings leash then will go batter by batter with the pen coming in for the rescue. The fourth slot will be filled by a “starter” who’ll get bounced after a couple innings at the first sign of trouble.

Also, in the playoffs, the spacing is different. You can use a reliever literally every game and they’ll still get standard rest as long as they’re only going one inning a game. As it stands, we’ve got Holder, Green, Warren, KRob, Betances, and Chapman who are all pitching well. Kahnle should be back up soon as he’s dominating in the minors again. That’ll be 7 guys with lights out stuff and numbers. We can take the game from the 3rd inning on and have our pen shut it down

As it stands, we’ve got Holder, Green, Warren, KRob, Betances, and Chapman who are all pitching well. Kahnle should be back up soon as he’s dominating in the minors again. That’ll be 7 guys with lights out stuff and numbers. We can take the game from the 3rd inning on and have our pen shut it down
    How'd they make out getting those last 9 outs with a 5-3 lead last night?

Sorry man, there was just no way to resist that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    How'd they make out getting those last 9 outs with a 5-3 lead last night?

Sorry man, there was just no way to resist that.
    Lol. That post you replied to was the biggest piece of Pollyanna BS I have seen on talksox in my limited time here....
    I think you just made me realize something. Jacksonianmarch isn’t just a troll.
    Jacksonianmarch is a Yankees Pollyanna Pink Hat.
    Last edited by Slasher9; 07-11-2018 at 07:56 AM.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I really think the Yankees' need for a starter is greater than any of our needs,
    ^^This.

I disagree on the TOTR starter. I think we need an innings eater type to save our pen come post season. Once we get into the postseason, that innings eater or Gray (whomever is sucking the least) can “start” game 4 of any series we play with the pen rescuing them at the first sign of trouble.

We’re going to follow the 2015 Royals method of playoff staff management. Sevy, CC and Tanaka will get a few innings leash then will go batter by batter with the pen coming in for the rescue. The fourth slot will be filled by a “starter” who’ll get bounced after a couple innings at the first sign of trouble.

Also, in the playoffs, the spacing is different. You can use a reliever literally every game and they’ll still get standard rest as long as they’re only going one inning a game. As it stands, we’ve got Holder, Green, Warren, KRob, Betances, and Chapman who are all pitching well. Kahnle should be back up soon as he’s dominating in the minors again. That’ll be 7 guys with lights out stuff and numbers. We can take the game from the 3rd inning on and have our pen shut it down
    Good god, Yankee playoff games will be 5 hours long.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

Here is the reality: Right now , the Sox have a better team than the Yankees. I am sure that Cashman realizes this and will do something to try and improve his team. That will not be easy unless he agrees to deal some top young talent. He has to make that decision soon.