Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/14 New York Mess

This offense has sucks for weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    He is going to have a tough time working his way up to 100+ pitches during the regular season. I think he might have two more starts after Sunday. No argument about limiting him at this point, but it might impact his ability to make a lot of pitches in the playoffs.
    I'm guessing they would go to 4-5 innings the next start and then 5-6 the one after that. Then maybe a short tune-up session in the last series (which all the starters may get).
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I personally don't give a shit about Leon's hitting as long as he is optimizing what the guy on the mound is doing. We have hitting out the wazoo, but our pitching is sometimes suspect. Leon's defensive catching stats are way better than Vazquez's or Swihart's, and they don't include how the pitchers have more confidence in him.

I'm not rooting against Vazquez or Swihart because we all know Leon can't catch every game. When either is catching, I not only root for him but comment when he does something well--including the odd hit now and then. About which, this: when either Vazquez or Swihart gets his OPS above .800, I'll be ready to say it's time to go with a catcher who can hit.
    Moreland has been hitting around .180 since the ASB. The catcher is a black hole, Bradley is a .230 hitter, and Beni has 2 HRs since the ASB and OPSing .728. That's 2 slumpers, 1 below average hitter and 1 black hole. The offense has been very spotty lately with lots of soft spots.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    This offense has sucks for weeks now.
    They have sucked to start games. That’s a concern heading into October.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    He is going to have a tough time working his way up to 100+ pitches during the regular season. I think he might have two more starts after Sunday. No argument about limiting him at this point, but it might impact his ability to make a lot of pitches in the playoffs.
    If he gets lit up in the playoffs i am gonna blame Cora. You need to give him some workload.

Deity
    Scott needs to keep this game close. I wanna clinch this division ASAP.

Deity
    That’s pathetic by Scott. Pathetic pitch.

God, I LOATHE lefty relievers.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Scott needs to keep this game close. I wanna clinch this division ASAP.
    So much for that. This was apparently a throwaway game. Look at the guys they trotted out there to start the game. Meanwhile the Yankees are up 5-0.

My god. Dfa this guy already. He stinks

Look at the BP; look at the holes in the line-up and one wonders how 101 wins came to be. Simple answer: large number of shitty teams in the league. Sadly, none of those shitty teams will be in the playoffs.

Legend
    This is about as bad as the Sox have started a game for a long long time.

I hate these games they are content to lose from the start..

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Look at the BP; look at the holes in the line-up and one wonders how 101 wins came to be. Simple answer: large number of shitty teams in the league. Sadly, none of those shitty teams will be in the playoffs.

If this team flames out i am blaming Cora. Don’t like the way he’s handling sale. They’re pampering him a little too much.

Legend
    I guess this is all because Swihart can't call a good game.