Register now to remove this ad

Page 455 of 471 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457465 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

Thank fuck Anthony Davis is off the table. Now help Kyrie pack his bags for Brooklyn and show Morris and Rozier the door, and maybe we can have a fairly bullshit-free season next year.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    Thank fuck Anthony Davis is off the table. Now help Kyrie pack his bags for Brooklyn and show Morris and Rozier the door, and maybe we can have a fairly bullshit-free season next year.

Playoff-free, too...

We'll win 50 games next year.

Deity
    We'll win 50 games next year.

Think they go with just Smart and Brown in the backcourt? Or make any major moves or signings?

I do think Ainge keeps Rozier. He has always seemed to like him...

CBS Sports suggests...

Boston acquires Beal in blockbuster deal
    Celtics get: Bradley Beal
    Wizards get: Marcus Smart, Aron Baynes, Guerschon Yabusele, No. 22 pick in 2019 draft, 2020 first-round pick (via Memphis)

Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    NBA contracts do make MLB contracts look paltry in comparison.

Beal has 2 years $56mill left. He’s an terrific (albeit limited) player, but in MLB that makes him among the highest paid in league history. In the NBA, he’s the lower paid in his own back court...

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    CBS Sports suggests...

Boston acquires Beal in blockbuster deal
    Celtics get: Bradley Beal
    Wizards get: Marcus Smart, Aron Baynes, Guerschon Yabusele, No. 22 pick in 2019 draft, 2020 first-round pick (via Memphis)

Wizards are so stupid they’ll probably do this.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    NBA contracts do make MLB contracts look paltry in comparison.

Beal has 2 years $56mill left. He’s an terrific (albeit limited) player, but in MLB that makes him among the highest paid in league history. In the NBA, he’s the lower paid in his own back court...

NBA also has half the roster, 1 player makes a significant difference for each team. For example, worst team in league adding Lebron makes them playoff contender. Mike Trout is best player in league and his team always sucks

Word is Chris Paul and Harden can't play with each other next year.

Paul's contract is obscene, so any trade will be hampered by it.

I don't see a match with the Celtics.

I hope my Bucks don't trade for Paul.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Looks like the Raptors are being idiots. Not a big surprise though.
    Good call.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    NBA also has half the roster, 1 player makes a significant difference for each team. For example, worst team in league adding Lebron makes them playoff contender. Mike Trout is best player in league and his team always sucks
    The Lakers were playoff contenders?

The Lakers were playoff contenders?
    They were before Lebron suffered a serious injury

Depends on how you define playoff contender. Contender to make the playoffs and then get stomped by Golden State/Denver/Houston? Yes they were. Contenders to actually win the title or even the conference? Not at all.

Think they go with just Smart and Brown in the backcourt? Or make any major moves or signings?

I do think Ainge keeps Rozier. He has always seemed to like him...
    There's no reason Smart can't be the starting point guard. I can't imagine Rozier stays in green after he went on ESPN and put a bunch of people on blast. Which is fine with me, because Rozier is a shoot-first guard who isn't particularly good at anything besides putting the ball in the hole, and those guys grow on trees.

Patrick Beverley would be my number one target for signing another guard (if he has to start over Smart then so be it), but I don't know off-hand what kind of deal he's looking at (he is slightly injury prone) or if the Celtics could swing it (all the NBA databases are in that after-the-season-but-before-free-agency mode where players who clearly won't be back are still counted on their team's roster and cap).

Deity
    The Lakers were one game over .500 with LeBron. While that record/pace does typically make the playoffs, you don’t often last very long...

Deity
    Depends on how you define playoff contender. Contender to make the playoffs and then get stomped by Golden State/Denver/Houston? Yes they were. Contenders to actually win the title or even the conference? Not at all.

There's no reason Smart can't be the starting point guard. I can't imagine Rozier stays in green after he went on ESPN and put a bunch of people on blast. Which is fine with me, because Rozier is a shoot-first guard who isn't particularly good at anything besides putting the ball in the hole, and those guys grow on trees.

Patrick Beverley would be my number one target for signing another guard (if he has to start over Smart then so be it), but I don't know off-hand what kind of deal he's looking at (he is slightly injury prone) or if the Celtics could swing it (all the NBA databases are in that after-the-season-but-before-free-agency mode where players who clearly won't be back are still counted on their team's roster and cap).
    No real free agency rumors yet, not surprising with the draft hours away. The Celtics aren’t likely to get an impact player in the draft a d seem to be linked heavily to Herro and Bol. Not sure how I feel about that. I do think they’ll try heavily to move up, but we’ll see how that goes...