Register now to remove this ad

Page 59 of 371 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: A Realistic View at 2020: Part I

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    They saw him when he started the year. The report from his final 3 starts in AA were far different. Fastball hitting 98 in his last start. Slider considered plus
    So it's based on 3 starts?

Bryan Mata's last 3 starts as good a Schmidt's last 3 starts. And Mata is 3 years younger...

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Isn't there another place on this forum where the wondefulness of the NYY's is discussed?
    I believe it's called Yankem Talk Forum.

Legend
    Boston Globe columnist Alex Speier writes about the 2020 Red Sox starting rotation:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/r...hes:newsletter

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    They saw him when he started the year. The report from his final 3 starts in AA were far different. Fastball hitting 98 in his last start. Slider considered plus
    Man, you really have a very selective and ever-changing criteria for judging Yankee talent levels.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Boston Globe columnist Alex Speier writes about the 2020 Red Sox starting rotation:

Alex is a very smart guy, but he's basically saying the same thing as me:

Pray, brothers and sisters, pray.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Alex is a very smart guy, but he's basically saying the same thing as me:

Pray, brothers and sisters, pray.
    if 2020 is the reset year...i'd just as soon have Sale blow his elbow out today and get the surgery.
    2021 we are back in business.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    if 2020 is the reset year...i'd just as soon have Sale blow his elbow out today and get the surgery.
    2021 we are back in business.
    That was my thought early-on. Not to wish any bad luck on Sale, but if that's the case get him taken care of now. He can take our "lost" season off to recuperate, then come back strong in 2021.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post

Speier is a very smart guy. Frankly (obviously I am just a guy on the internet), I think trading Betts is like a >50% possibility, and this will be one of the goals of said trade.

That was my thought early-on. Not to wish any bad luck on Sale, but if that's the case get him taken care of now. He can take our "lost" season off to recuperate, then come back strong in 2021.
    If they know it's coming, can they just do the surgery before it blows?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    If they know it's coming, can they just do the surgery before it blows?
    I have no idea about that but more importantly, how's the water situation in your part of Houston?
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

I have no idea about that but more importantly, how's the water situation in your part of Houston?
    My wife was almost trapped at her school. She moved her van just in time to a higher part of the parking lot, and the water almost reached the doors!

She just got home. It took her 95 mins instead of 45.

We are not flooded here on the SW side.

Thanks for asking.

Deity
    I thought you wanted the Sox to go for it one last time in 2020.

If 2020 becomes a “lost” season without Sale, the Sox should move Betts ASAP and there is zero point in tendering a contract offer to Bradley...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Man, you really have a very selective and ever-changing criteria for judging Yankee talent levels.
    Yankee fans can never say anything bad about any Yankee prospect. Unless it’s on the tail end of praising 3 other prospects...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I thought you wanted the Sox to go for it one last time in 2020.

If 2020 becomes a “lost” season without Sale, the Sox should move Betts ASAP and there is zero point in tendering a contract offer to Bradley...
    Obviously I have no control or personal knowledge about Sale's condition. Again obviously, I do not want for them to 'go for it' if Sale isn't going to be able to contribute. It's the same with JDM (if he opts out I don't want to "go for it"), Price - same thing.

Saying I wanted to go for it in 2020 was, of course, contingent upon our having a team with the talent to go for it.

If Sale is healthy and JDM and Price come back and it's not a lost season then there is every reason to not move Betts and there is a point in contending a contract offer to Bradley.
    Last edited by S5Dewey; 09-19-2019 at 07:56 PM.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Yankee fans can never say anything bad about any Yankee prospect. Unless it’s on the tail end of praising 3 other prospects...
    I've seen quite a few Sox fans get all gah-gah over young Sox prospects or players after a couple months, a couple weeks or even a couple ABs, so I guess it's not so unbelievable for a few Yankee fans to do the same.

I guess what bugs me is how the criteria always changes when he's evaluating Sox players & prospects. At least harmony uses the same criteria all the time, but some times modulates the time sample to make Sox players look worse.