Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears 2.0

Going through my wardrobe in preparation for moving and realizing that I hate most of the clothes I have
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Going through my wardrobe in preparation for moving and realizing that I hate most of the clothes I have
    Don't worry. When you're my age, you'll only have 3-4 shirts from when you are the age you are now.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

1. Target is no longer going to carry baseball cards because of assholes who line up on Friday AM to buy up all the stock, hassle the employees and then flip the cards on Ebay.

2. Even though the gas shortage wasn't supposed to affect SoFL, a bunch of assholes fell for the hysteria and started stockpiling gas. 90% of the gas stations are out around here now.

3. Vertigo is just the worst.
    You have a pool right? How's the chlorine situation where you are? I've heard it's the same situation with chlorine tablets, there was a mention of a shortage and then everything was bought out.

I'm using liquid chlorine now a days so haven't noticed any issue. But I've seen pictures of people buying more than a years supply of the pucks.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    I was in the restaurant business for many years as a young man, so I feel for you!!! I have always tipped off the scales, assuming they are really good. Ok gets their 20%, but we frequent those places that keep excellent servers. They are generally what makes the evening special.

I have zero tolerance for rudeness to any restaurant staff, and I enjoy embarrassing anyone out of line.

Having said that, if you are hurting this badly, it might be time to open up your options. At one point putting myself through college, I considered residential irrigation as a permanent occupation. I loved it, and my buddies were going off on their own. Good thing I finished school! My body was already showing signs of fading at 22... You just never know when it's going to tell you enough is enough.
    So many servers make it look easy, but it is brutal non-stop physical work. Not to mention that you must always be up & on with your personality. Tough work, and you guys deserve every penny you get.

God bless!!
    Oh yeah I’ve always tipped well. I tip almost every profession that it’s acceptable, and usually more than 20%. Barbers, servers, bartenders, I even sometimes tip people who are just helpful/nice like an usher at a ball game, or a mechanic doing me a solid. It just really pisses me off when people are mean/rude to people in any profession, especially when they don’t deserve it/were polite the whole time.

The restaurant industry is just really interesting. I’ve worked with everyone from people addicted to heroin to people who are way too smart to be in the industry but hasn’t finished college and are in majors such as engineering and are making 6 figures now. Hell, last night after my shift got off, I sat down and had dinner and talked to a 17 year old girl and a 45 year old Mexican man who spoke very literally English and actually had good talks with them about how the pandemic impacted them, what they’re going through, and etc, even with a language barrier I got what he meant/was saying. This job has really made me realize to respect people more. I think sometimes people forget everyone is human and you have no idea what they’re going through.

Regarding my foot issues, luckily my foot has cooperated more after a lot of risk and using new shoes/sleeping in a brace. I told my managers I cannot work those 10 hour doubles anymore and they’ve been cutting me earlier/giving me more staff to make my workload earlier, thank God. I was legitimately considering having to leave industry

Another thing that’s frustrating, the housing market. Rentals or houses for sale are literally on the market for like 24 hours and are gone. People are offering over the asking price and voiding inspections when buying houses. It is absolutely insane right now

1. Target is no longer going to carry baseball cards because of assholes who line up on Friday AM to buy up all the stock, hassle the employees and then flip the cards on Ebay.

2. Even though the gas shortage wasn't supposed to affect SoFL, a bunch of assholes fell for the hysteria and started stockpiling gas. 90% of the gas stations are out around here now.

3. Vertigo is just the worst.
    1. Anytime my son goes to Target to buy baseball cards, they are out. I didn't realize people were lining up on Friday mornings and buying out the stock.

2. Fortunately, I had a full tank of gas when the panic buying started. Traffic around pretty much every gas station was all jacked up on Tuesday. I think the gas situation is somewhat getting back to normal, but many stations are still out of gas.

3. I hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    You have a pool right? How's the chlorine situation where you are? I've heard it's the same situation with chlorine tablets, there was a mention of a shortage and then everything was bought out.

I'm using liquid chlorine now a days so haven't noticed any issue. But I've seen pictures of people buying more than a years supply of the pucks.
    We switched to salt last year. It cost about $1,200, but no regrets. It was worth it.

Deity
    We switched to salt last year. It cost about $1,200, but no regrets. It was worth it.
    I’m trying bromide tablets I purchased at the end of last summer. We shall see how they work out

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I’m trying bromide tablets I purchased at the end of last summer. We shall see how they work out
    You have a pool too?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    You have a pool too?
    Yes. But it’s a cheesy above ground one. Nothing luxurious like mvp’s...

That's what's in our hot tub I think.

Yes. But it’s a cheesy above ground one. Nothing luxurious like mvp’s...
    I had an above ground pool with a big deck at my old house in MA. It was a pain in the ass, but the kids liked it.

Deity
    I had an above ground pool with a big deck at my old house in MA. It was a pain in the ass, but the kids liked it.
    My daughter liked it when she was younger. It did come in handy and saw a lot of use last summer when all the public pools were closed ...

Deity
    That's what's in our hot tub I think.
    Could be. It has a lot of advantages over chlorine, such as it is less irritating to the skin and eyes. But it doesn't disinfect as fast. Not as big of a deal in a small hot tub that doesn't have 12,000 gallons of water in it...

My daughter liked it when she was younger. It did come in handy and saw a lot of use last summer when all the public pools were closed ...
    The liner got a hole in it a few years after we moved in. We replaced it the following spring. The next winter, we got so much snow that the side of the pool collapsed. The next pool wasn't the exact size of the old pool so I had to redo the deck after installation.