Register now to remove this ad

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Frenchy Sucks Bobby sucks .

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Team needs FC to step up and Now .I hate on Bobby and FC but truth is I’m just so frustrated with both of them .Both these guys are prototypes for the position but look so overmatched it’s got to effect them the staff and teammates.I would not promote FC when his trade value is at it’s peak now and may crater with a promotion ? Can we please just cut the shit and go after Rizzo ? I know he’s not perfect but he’s an upgrade and maybe just maybe we can extend him 3 years at a reasonable price ? I want to believe in Casas but I’m really on the fence .Casas has improved his swing somewhat but is he just another Lars Anderson ? Not sure .

Why trade the future for 2 months of Rizzo?

He's not even all that great, anymore.

I do think we need to do something, but this is NOT the time to go all in.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Why trade the future for 2 months of Rizzo?

He's not even all that great, anymore.

I do think we need to do something, but this is NOT the time to go all in.
    Moon I get it and may even agree with you here but what do we have to go on here ? I want these guys to show me something just anything !!! But times run out this year and we have to make a move !! I know you must agree with this .As far as Rizzo he’s had a shit year for sure and let’s face it there is no guarantee he turns it around here but Moon what if we win a ring this year ? Isn’t that what we watch every game for ? Isn’t that why we live and die by every agonizing pitch ? It’s why I’m obsessed!!! Always will be .I am all in this year I’m not shedding a tear over Casas when he’s never shown What Rizzo has to offer .Yes I make the trade and go for it .Trash me for it but I see something in this team !! Getting a Rizzo shows them and our City we believe
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 07-19-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Moon I get it and may even agree with you here but what do we have to go on here ? I want these guys to show me something just anything !!! But times run out this year and we have to make a move !! I know you must agree with this .As far as Rizzo he’s had a shit year for sure and let’s face it there is no guarantee he turns it around here but Moon what if we win a ring this year ? Isn’t that what we watch every game for ? Isn’t that why we live and die by every agonizing pitch ? It’s why I’m obsessed!!! Always will be .I am all in this year I’m not shedding a tear over Casas when he’s never shown What Rizzo has to offer .Yes I make the trade and go for it .
    I'm more about staying good for the long term and think this team will get better over the next few years.

Going all out is what caused the 2019-2020 misery. That being said, we don't need to go all out to improve, but I'm thinking someone like Rizzo or others you have mentioned may end up sacrificing too much of our future for what I like.

The Beeks for Eovaldi trade or Espinal for Peaarce is what I have in mind, but neither of them were "wow" pick-ups that summer. They just went on to do very well.

It sounds like you want something too costly for me and likely for Bloom, too.

I'm more about staying good for the long term and think this team will get better over the next few years.

Going all out is what caused the 2019-2020 misery. That being said, we don't need to go all out to improve, but I'm thinking someone like Rizzo or others you have mentioned may end up sacrificing too much of our future for what I like.

The Beeks for Eovaldi trade or Espinal for Peaarce is what I have in mind, but neither of them were "wow" pick-ups that summer. They just went on to do very well.

It sounds like you want something too costly for me and likely for Bloom, too.
    getting Rizzo won’t empty the Farm .

getting Rizzo won’t empty the Farm .
    No, but he will cost a piece or two that are too promising for me to want to give up.

Also, do you really think Rizzo greatly improves our ring chances?

I'm thinking he's a slight upgrade over Dalbec and might be equal or worse than a Cordero-Arroyo platoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Dalbec is 5th on the Sox in rbi's with the fewest at bats of any of the "regulars." He also, however, leads the Sox in K's, plus he's a lousy defensive firstbaseman.

When Duran moved up to the Sox, I figured he would go to CF and Hernandez to 1b and Dalbec to the bench. But that hasn't happened. So, even though I too am not a Dalbec fan, Cora and Bloom aren't willing to send him back to Worcester--yet. If they want him in Boston, so do I.
    I am a Dalbec fan, and personally, I'd give him more time. That said, if Cora and Bloom think it's time to send him down, then I trust their judgment. It seems at the very least, he will become a platoon player. I'm not sure that would be better for him than playing everyday in AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I am a Dalbec fan, and personally, I'd give him more time. That said, if Cora and Bloom think it's time to send him down, then I trust their judgment. It seems at the very least, he will become a platoon player. I'm not sure that would be better for him than playing everyday in AAA.
    Kimmi ,I think your great but what are we seeing with Bobby has been kinda what Bobby is ? He’s had 5 years to get the kinks out and we have given this kid a half season at MLB level and he’s just been embarrassing himself .Bobby D has all the organization pulling for him he’s by all accounts a great kid but is Bobby Just a Lars Anderson ? Another Brice ? I think he is Kimmi and that’s ok he’s had a look and he failed .I don’t see how minor league pitching fixes him but maybe ? I sure hope he succeeds I really do .

Kimmi ,I think your great but what are we seeing with Bobby has been kinda what Bobby is ? He’s had 5 years to get the kinks out and we have given this kid a half season at MLB level and he’s just been embarrassing himself .Bobby D has all the organization pulling for him he’s by all accounts a great kid but is Bobby Just a Lars Anderson ? Another Brice ? I think he is Kimmi and that’s ok he’s had a look and he failed .I don’t see how minor league pitching fixes him but maybe ? I sure hope he succeeds I really do .
    You know there are dozens and dozens of ball players who started out slower and for longer time periods than this Dalbec example.

Certainly, many who started out this slowly went on the a worse future or a DFA, but 358 career MLB PAs is a rather small sampole size, and a .733 career OPS is really not all that horrific.

Sure, 1Bmen should do much better, and sure his learning of a new position (3B to 1B) had been scary, but he will get another long look at some point. Maybe with the Sox- maybe not.

You know there are dozens and dozens of ball players who started out slower and for longer time periods than this Dalbec example.

Certainly, many who started out this slowly went on the a worse future or a DFA, but 358 career MLB PAs is a rather small sampole size, and a .733 career OPS is really not all that horrific.

Sure, 1Bmen should do much better, and sure his learning of a new position (3B to 1B) had been scary, but he will get another long look at some point. Maybe with the Sox- maybe not.
    Can’t argue with that ...I like the kids glove his footwork needs more time on the turn to second but I can live with it with improvent .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 07-20-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Neither Bobby or Franchy sucks .I’m done with this thread And hope both turn the corner for the better starting tonight .Life is a competition between you and yourself someone once said .

I just hate giving up on players after such a short time at the major league level. His K/BB ratio is rather alarming, no doubt about that. He may or may not be able to improve upon that, but I would like to give him a longer look. When he makes contact, he hits the ball hard, and usually a long way. I get that 1B should be a position that provides more offense, but I am really fine with Dalbec hitting 9th. The team can hide him there if the rest of the offense does what it's capable of doing.

I just hate giving up on players after such a short time at the major league level. His K/BB ratio is rather alarming, no doubt about that. He may or may not be able to improve upon that, but I would like to give him a longer look. When he makes contact, he hits the ball hard, and usually a long way. I get that 1B should be a position that provides more offense, but I am really fine with Dalbec hitting 9th. The team can hide him there if the rest of the offense does what it's capable of doing.
    He can work out some of these issues in AAA.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Legend
    He is old for basically a rookie and his defense leaves something to be desired. Couple that with his lack of production on a team that has a chance to make a splash in the playoffs and it makes me want to look for an alternative. I think we can pick up a first baseman to serve for a year or two while Casas progresses. There are a number of options available who could give us more. I no longer see Dalbec in our long term plans.

I thought Chavis was a writeoff. Then last night he hits a bomb and makes some very nice defensive plays.

Another reminder to me that I know jack and to let the real managers do their job.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.