Register now to remove this ad

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Frenchy Sucks Bobby sucks .

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Yes, of course.

I do think much more time is needed with Duran, and Dalbec needs a longer look he may not get with the Sox.

Cordero and Chavis could benefit by playing everyday, but that ain't happening.
    Duran has played in two games and was subbed into another late. One of the games was against the Yankees best and his next appearance will be against him as well. Cordero, Chavis and Dalbec have been in many more games. I think Bloom is out there beating the bushes to find a quality first baseman (not necessarily to platoon with Dalbec) and a quality relief pitcher. Those talks may involve trading either Dalbec/Chavis and prospects that don't figure in the Sox long term plans. Bloom is circumspect about plans but I believe he will make trades if he can find ones that fit the Sox long term plans. The real question is whether he has the go ahead to spend over the CBT limit

Cordero is a waste. His last week or so in triple a, he was cold as ice.

But what tools!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    I totally agree, but at one point he was 5th or 6th in team PAs.

That's not right.

His real value is probably not even playing, but allowing Cora to use others knowing he has Marwin to cover any emergency situation that arises.
    How much of that was covering for injuries and other struggling players? He took some PA from Renfroe early on, for example, but that was back when Renfroe was not exactly a guy we wanted to see hit every day.

He is doing what a bench player is supposed to do. He’s far from a problem…

How much of that was covering for injuries and other struggling players? He took some PA from Renfroe early on, for example, but that was back when Renfroe was not exactly a guy we wanted to see hit every day.

Yes, you fix the starting lineup. You don't fret over the bench (at least as much as we do).
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    He is old for basically a rookie and his defense leaves something to be desired. Couple that with his lack of production on a team that has a chance to make a splash in the playoffs and it makes me want to look for an alternative. I think we can pick up a first baseman to serve for a year or two while Casas progresses. There are a number of options available who could give us more. I no longer see Dalbec in our long term plans.
    I completely understand where you're coming from. My bet is that Bloom is looking for an upgrade at 1B, whether it be a full time 1B or a left handed platoon. At the same time, I would be fine if Dalbec remained our main 1B for the remainder of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I completely understand where you're coming from. My bet is that Bloom is looking for an upgrade at 1B, whether it be a full time 1B or a left handed platoon. At the same time, I would be fine if Dalbec remained our main 1B for the remainder of the season.
    Same here. He showed reasons for hope again last night with 2 hits, including a huge one in the 9th.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I'm fine with Marwin on the roster. I just don't think he should be the #2 at any position. His value is being a highly flexible last man off the bench.

He was clearly Cora's favorite, and I can't blame him for liking him, especially being with him during his great Houston season.

He was already seeing less playing time than when the season started, then Kike and Arroyo went on the IL at the same time.

Ideally, we should have other bench players as the #2 or #3 at all positions. Marwin should be the #3 or #4 at several positions. That's his value.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Legend
    Yes, Dalbec would have more value to the Sox than Chavis, but with Casas a year away Bloom needs to consider the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Same here. He showed reasons for hope again last night with 2 hits, including a huge one in the 9th.
    Despite my occasional criticisms, the bottom line is that we are both good with whatever Cora and Bloom decide to do. They have things under control.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Yes, Dalbec would have more value to the Sox than Chavis, but with Casas a year away Bloom needs to consider the long term.
    The great thing about Bloom is that he is most definitely prioritizing the long term success of the team over just short term results. He won't make any moves that hurt the long term goals.

The great thing about Bloom is that he is most definitely prioritizing the long term success of the team over just short term results. He won't make any moves that hurt the long term goals.
    I totally agree, but that does not mean he won’t trade any prospects. I think he’s looking at who will be squeezed from next years roster or taken in Rule 5 and may trade 2 or 3 for one helpful piece- maybe even a rental.

I totally agree, but that does not mean he won’t trade any prospects. I think he’s looking at who will be squeezed from next years roster or taken in Rule 5 and may trade 2 or 3 for one helpful piece- maybe even a rental.
    I don't disagree. I never said that he wouldn't trade any prospects.

I don't disagree. I never said that he wouldn't trade any prospects.
    Yes, I didn't mean to imply you felt he might not trade prospects.

I'm sure Bloom has identified a few prospects and ML players like Chavis, maybe as many as 5-8, that he feels may not be good enough to be on next year's roster, but who might still have some trade value. By trading some of these guys, he won't be mortgaging the future unless one of these players ends up surprising Bloom by being better than he realized.

Legend
    Yes, I didn't mean to imply you felt he might not trade prospects.

I'm sure Bloom has identified a few prospects and ML players like Chavis, maybe as many as 5-8, that he feels may not be good enough to be on next year's roster, but who might still have some trade value. By trading some of these guys, he won't be mortgaging the future unless one of these players ends up surprising Bloom by being better than he realized.
    It's the old story, you need to give up good assets to get good assets. The trick is to find players that best fit your needs going forward. I believe Bloom is a very intelligent guy and will look to strengthen us by filling our key needs without damaging our future.