Register now to remove this ad

Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Yankees Regular Season Thread

Trends are important too. They fired their strength and conditioning team after 2020 and he's responded with two very durable years. But yes, he will eventually be an injury prone DH as every player eventually becomes. The reason why the Yanks need to sell out for him is that they are in window. Their pitching is set up strong for next year and their lineup needs him as a stabilizing force as there is some youth coming through. He is worth more to NY as well because he thrives there, while many players shrink in the pinstripes. I said before he doesn't see $300 mil. I was wrong. He should easily surpass that as the Yanks have no choice but to pony up for him
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Trends are important too. They fired their strength and conditioning team after 2020 and he's responded with two very durable years. But yes, he will eventually be an injury prone DH as every player eventually becomes. The reason why the Yanks need to sell out for him is that they are in window. Their pitching is set up strong for next year and their lineup needs him as a stabilizing force as there is some youth coming through. He is worth more to NY as well because he thrives there, while many players shrink in the pinstripes. I said before he doesn't see $300 mil. I was wrong. He should easily surpass that as the Yanks have no choice but to pony up for him
    And, if the Mets offer $325M?
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    And, if the Mets offer $325M?
    If the Yanks short change Judge and he goes elsewhere, there will be consternation beyond belief. I think the Yanks realize he is a must sign player
    Hal sucks

Boone strikes again? Bottom of 10th, man on second, two outs, Vlad up. Boone elects to pitch to him instead of issuing IBB, which seemed to be a no-brainer since Vlad is the Jays best hitter and it would have set up the force out at every base.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

If the Yanks short change Judge and he goes elsewhere, there will be consternation beyond belief. I think the Yanks realize he is a must sign player
    My point is, what if they don't "short-change" him, but some other team offers him some absurd amount?
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Boone strikes again? Bottom of 10th, man on second, two outs, Vlad up. Boone elects to pitch to him instead of issuing IBB, which seemed to be a no-brainer since Vlad is the Jays best hitter and it would have set up the force out at every base.
    Yep, typical Boone

My point is, what if they don't "short-change" him, but some other team offers him some absurd amount?
    We are the Yankees. If we get outbid on someone we truly want, then shame on us
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Not mad at it at this point as we need to win one more game and clinch the division. But if this was two weeks ago, I would be furious
    Hal sucks

We are the Yankees. If we get outbid on someone we truly want, then shame on us
    I'm just quibbling about the term short-changed.

Would Yankee fans really get irate, if the Met's offered him $400M/9, and Cashman wouldn't go higher?

If I were a Yankee fan, I'd be more upset, if we countered with $405M/9. It would mean way less helping players for 9 years.
    Sox 4 Ever

Personally, I would have walked Vlad, but you could argue that Kirk actually has a higher batting average than Vlad, in a situation where a base hit will beat you. Anyway, the whole " ghost runner " thing is stupid. Are they going to keep it in the post season ?
    Old school is good school.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Personally, I would have walked Vlad, but you could argue that Kirk actually has a higher batting average than Vlad, in a situation where a base hit will beat you. Anyway, the whole " ghost runner " thing is stupid. Are they going to keep it in the post season ?
    I'd rather they just go to 12 innings, if needed, and then call it a tie.
    Sox 4 Ever

62!!!
    Hal sucks

Congratulations to Judge. Glad he got it done.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

The pressure must have been enormous.

He deserved it.

Sox 4 Ever

I'm just quibbling about the term short-changed.

Would Yankee fans really get irate, if the Met's offered him $400M/9, and Cashman wouldn't go higher?

If I were a Yankee fan, I'd be more upset, if we countered with $405M/9. It would mean way less helping players for 9 years.
    The reality of baseball is taking advantage of windows. Yanks are within theirs. They’ve got the now impact prospects to cheaply build around their core but they cannot afford to lose their core. You spend to keep your windows open. You shed after the window closes. Yanks have to pay the man