Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Next Manager

All-Star

Re: Next Manager

Quote Originally Posted by jopete19 View Post
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...medium=twitter

Looks like the Sox are gonna try to get an interview with Farrell.
    This has been the trend on Twitter today. All of the Farrell compensation talk. I am not against interviewing him, but I sure as hell would not give up a good prospect for him.

The more I think about it I don't like the idea of Farrell. I just think it's really important to hire someone with no past connections. They need such a serious "reset". Bring in an outsider, create a new team.
    2013 never did I doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by wyo-sox View Post
    The more I think about it I don't like the idea of Farrell. I just think it's really important to hire someone with no past connections. They need such a serious "reset". Bring in an outsider, create a new team.
    I agree with you. If the Sox give up anything of value to get Farrell the FO is starting the rebuild the wrong way.

Deity

Don't want Farrell either. What has happened to the Red Sox as an organization. This happens now with players.... now with a manager selection....seems like the Sox get it into their head that they want to go a certain direction and due diligence goes out the window, any semblance of a process goes out the window.....just suggests so many problems above the play on the field to even begin to count them.

Certainly looks like they are going to make a big play for Farrell and I think he could show up for his interview in a trench coat flashing 5 year olds on the way to the front door and the Sox would still come out saying....yup...that's our guy!

One good thing about hiring Farrell is that a lot of fans, as represented on these forums, have already buried him 6 feet deep. So we'd be way ahead of the game.

McAdam said Barnes for Farrell.

Are you kidding me??? That would be disgustingly horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post

The Farrell talk scares me. I don't know why they're even discussing players of that caliber. They should do the same thing they did when the Blue Jays asked for Buchholz, hang up the fucking phone. You don't ruin a franchise for a manager, especially when there are other solid candidates available.

The Boston Media have been fucking crazy.

Sounds totally insane to me.

Major Leaguer

We can't even blame Cher for this fixation with JF, although supposedly they get along well. The ownership level is the one that put this together with compensation being left to Cher and the Jays GM ( as says Cafardo this morning in the GLOBE

Deity

Those two players for Farrell....are they completely and totally out of their minds?

Thank God Sean McAdam is nothing more than a low quality reporter in Boston. He's actually awful. I can't remember the last time he wrote something that had any merit to it.

The fact is that if the Blue Jays really wanted Farrell long term, he would have signed a long term deal with the Blue Jays prior to this whole mess. The fact that he hasn't only goes to prove that the Jays don't see him as a long term solution at manager. So now, if the Blue Jays want to try to acquire a guy like Barnes for Farrell, Cherrington will just laugh in AA's face and hire Ausmus or Hale, both of which would be excellent, excellent options.

And then, the Blue Jays will be left with absolutely nothing for Farrell outside of another year of mediocrity and another year away from the inevitable, which is Farrell being gone.

So, if I'm Cherrington, I tell AA that he can have Stolmy Pimentel, that's it. Final offer. Take it, good. Leave it, fine, I've got Brad Ausmus on the line right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth View Post
    So now, if the Blue Jays want to try to acquire a guy like Barnes for Farrell, Cherrington will just laugh in AA's face and hire Ausmus or Hale, both of which would be excellent, excellent options.
    Surely you are giving Cherrington more credit than he deserves and more power than he has, if you think that is what he WILL do.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Surely you are giving Cherrington more credit than he deserves and more power than he has, if you think that is what he WILL do.
    Absolutely not. I think Cherrington has a price that he'll pay for Farrell but also knows that the other guys he has on hand (Ausmus and Hale) are both extremely good candidates for the job, so he's not in a pinch at all. If anything, the Red Sox have the upper hand.

If the Blue Jays don't give up Farrell, it's going to be a complete shit show in Toronto. Nobody wants a manager who isn't fully invested into a season, and Farrell, essentially in a 1 year deal now with Toronto, will be looking two steps ahead while managing the Jays. He's going to be paying attention to job openings, etc. Not the Blue Jays. And they know that, which is why a deal will get done but it'll be for a guy with an upside of a middle reliever like Pimentel or Carpenter.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

If the Sox give up someone like Barnes for Farell sh_t will hit the fan. You think the Nation is pissed now after the FO put us through a summer of crap. FO would have to go in hiding. If the Jays say they want a Barnes I hope the Sox laugh and hang up the phone. For a team short on pitching we can't afford to give up one of the best young arms.