Register now to remove this ad

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: The NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    Not quite. The Bruins absolutely dominated the first period and ended up down 2-0. The Blues had two opportunities and scored on both of them.. including a deflection.
    So what? Goals are goals. The Bruins created opportunities but didn't capitalize on any of them. From then on the Blues fucking swarmed them and the Bruins just took it, all they did was loaf up the ice and toss shit passes off their teammates' skates.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    He was gassed. Even if he stayed on the ice it was a blow by...

Yeah, but it may have delayed it enough for someone else to get back.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Condolences folks.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Condolences folks.
    Thanks. Yeah. Good season but we came up one game short. Have to give credit to the Blues. Good goaltending. They also made the most of their chances and in the end, that is what counts. You either execute when you have the chance to or you do not. On to 2020 we go, Go Bruins Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    So what? Goals are goals. The Bruins created opportunities but didn't capitalize on any of them. From then on the Blues fucking swarmed them and the Bruins just took it, all they did was loaf up the ice and toss shit passes off their teammates' skates.
    I watched the entire game as an impartial fan. the ice was completely tilted in the bruins favor.
    shots on goal:
    Bruins: 33
    Blues: 20

Binnington had an amazing game. that is how you win a cup. goaltender stands on his head + a little bit of luck.
    other names i have posted under: none

I guess hockey is a crazy game too.

The visiting team won 5 of the 7 games.

The Bruins won by 7-2 and 5-1 scores in St. Louis.

But St. Louis won the last 3 in Boston.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    Thanks. Yeah. Good season but we came up one game short. Have to give credit to the Blues. Good goaltending. They also made the most of their chances and in the end, that is what counts. You either execute when you have the chance to or you do not. On to 2020 we go, Go Bruins Go!
    Good post! Agreed... And very classy! Bruins will be back next year they are a great team with a lot of fire. They will compete.

Just like my Senators....... *Hangs head in shame*

I watched the entire game as an impartial fan. the ice was completely tilted in the bruins favor.
    shots on goal:

Binnington had an amazing game. that is how you win a cup. goaltender stands on his head + a little bit of luck.
    This!

People sometimes try to make a sport more complex than it is..... And you know what? Sometimes it is! Sometimes the top line didn't do it's job, or the defense sat back and wasn't aggressive enough, or momentum went out the window because the refs were horrible and the other team had 4 straight PP's to start the period......

In this case I agree with Slasher... IT IS THAT SIMPLE!!!! Binnington was absolutely lights out. I have been watching hockey since I was a tiny and know the game decently well. The Bruins didn't "choke" They had some very good quality shots and Binnington was making some of the most unbelievable saves I have ever seen... The way he was stretching those legs out and making those split saves where he had no business making the save was something you don't see very often. His playoff run kind of reminded me of Halak's run 7 or 8 years ago when the Habs beat the Pens and the Caps. Unfortunately when a team runs into a hot goalie like that who is dialed in it's very hard to beat a team like that.

I don't know what the future holds for Binnington.... Will he be the next Patrick Roy or will he fizzle out like Cam Ward did? Cam Ward did this in 2006 when the Canes won their Stanley Cup against the Oilers.... He fizzled out a bit a few years later but at that time he was incredible, same with Binnington.... Whether he is good or not in the future remains to be seen. But last night for that one night he was sensational. That is why the Bruins lost.

All I can say as someone who knows not the first thing about hockey, I'm really bummed about the Bruins losing last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    All I can say as someone who knows not the first thing about hockey, I'm really bummed about the Bruins losing last night.
    Don't worry Kimmi, the Sox will get you a win tonight

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Don't worry Kimmi, the Sox will get you a win tonight
    Yes, they will.

I just really, really wanted the Bruins to win.

shots on goal:
    Because of that first period. Remember those opportunities I mentioned that they didn't do anything with? The first period accounts for almost all of that disparity.

My senators open the season against the Leafs tonight!

Legend
    Good win on the Road last night for the Bruins.
    Coyle looked great. Turned out to be a great Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Good win on the Road last night for the Bruins.
    Coyle looked great. Turned out to be a great Trade.
    Don't worry, my Senators are coming for you guys.

Like, not this year.... or even next..... or the year after that..... But at some point..... They're coming for you.