Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/18-9/20 vs Yankees

Paper bags should be placed over the cutouts' heads.

It's A HAPPening--The Magic Mushrooms

A psychedelic song from 1966.

This is uglier than a Steinbrenner family reunion!

Damage control. SOX team ERA shouldn't be affected if they hold the Yankems to 7 runs.

When an inept POS umpire like Carlos Torres can keep his job, it just exposes how strong the umpires' union is and how they don't give a crap about the quality of the umpiring in MLB.
    They're still pissed about when they went on strike and were replaced by scabs.
    And in many cases the scabs were better than the union umps they replaced.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 09-19-2020 at 09:12 PM.

Glad I missed tonight.

Happ is rounding into form. 94 mph heat late? He’s peaking at the right time and is likely the best #4 in the AL

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Happ is rounding into form. 94 mph heat late? He’s peaking at the right time and is likely the best #4 in the AL
    You do realize this is a SOX forum. What makes you think a SOX fan gives a shite about Happ? Btw, what makes you think at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    Several days ago Jim Rice observed that JDM wasn't swinging at the ball but rather at a spot. Last night's game was an excellent example of how accurate Jim Rice's observations were. JDM's swing has become robotic. He looks really lost. As far as I am concerned JDM is right up there with Matt Barnes as to the reason why Boston lost last night.
    I don't blame Barnes for the loss. If JD makes contact, the Sox have a great shot at winning. If the Sox pen doesn't give up runs in the 7th and 8th innings, the Sox have a great chance of winning.

Sunday’s game is the gem of the series and I’ll be working.
    It should (hopefully) be a good and fun match up of pitching youngsters.

One bright side of the Sox stinking so badly is that we are not the Sunday night ESPN game. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    That game was a heart - breaking , gut - wrenching , soul - crushing defeat . Well , at least it would have been if it mattered at all in this wretched season . As it is , it is just one more disappointing loss . P.S. Closing ain't easy.
    The losses have been 100 times easier to take this season. I still hate losing to the Yankees though.

My hope is that we can at least win the game today to keep the Yankees from clinching a playoff spot against us.

Take a look at his peripherals. There is no excuse for why the Sox offense allowed him to dominate like that.

Another loss . But you have to love the way they fought . Played their hearts out . Never quit until the end . { Just kidding , that was the meekest surrender of the year . ) Looked like they had no interest whatsoever .

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Take a look at his peripherals. There is no excuse for why the Sox offense allowed him to dominate like that.
    Randomness?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Another loss . But you have to love the way they fought . Played their hearts out . Never quit until the end . { Just kidding , that was the meekest surrender of the year . ) Looked like they had no interest whatsoever .
    They mailed that one in, but because the mail has been intentionally slowed down, it won't arrive until today.