Register now to remove this ad

Page 219 of 371 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 5552

Thread: A Realistic View at 2020: Part I

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I bet you’re the kind of troll who is going to hide if the yanks win a World Series, aren’t you?
    You are the only troll here. You don't see me on a Yankee board. You have to come in here and brag up the Yankees all of the time. Who cares about them? They haven't won anything for soooooo long. It probably really makes you sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    You are the only troll here. You don't see me on a Yankee board. You have to come in here and brag up the Yankees all of the time. Who cares about them? They haven't won anything for soooooo long. It probably really makes you sad.
    Oh child, you have no idea. Dance my little troll, I’m enjoying this

Cole has 2 complete games in his career, 1 shutout in his career, 95 wins and no WS titles and the Yankees are offering him 245 million. LMAO!!!!!

Not winning anything for 10 years is making them stupid.

While I would love to see the Yankees choke on this contract, I am still thinking the angels pony up some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    While I would love to see the Yankees choke on this contract, I am still thinking the angels pony up some more.
    I think you may be right. He is from SoCal and he would much rather pitch for the Angels in L.A. than pitch and live in New York. No comparison in lifestyle. Angel fans are also much better and more knowledgeable than Yankee fans.

I think you may be right. He is from SoCal and he would much rather pitch for the Angels in L.A. than pitch and live in New York. No comparison in lifestyle. Angel fans are also much better and more knowledgeable than Yankee fans.
    Except for philly, Yankees fans are the worst. So much of a Yankees fan’s entitlement is based on past glory.

Deity
    Just read where the Sox are interested in Porcello. I like him but he would have to take a huge pay cut to come back. He loves pitching in Boston and answers the bell each time. More than I can say for Price.
    i've always liked Porcello in a #4 role. I'm glad for him that he won a Cy Young but it didn't change my mind with the overall opinion. i would like to see him back in Boston but I don't know if they are willing to afford him. I read somewhere that the suggested cost to sign him would likely be around 11 million. There are going to be more teams interested in him I think than may people expect. he is too healthy and consistent not to demand some interest. A bidding war for his services is apt to exempt the Sox.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    i've always liked Porcello in a #4 role. I'm glad for him that he won a Cy Young but it didn't change my mind with the overall opinion. i would like to see him back in Boston but I don't know if they are willing to afford him. I read somewhere that the suggested cost to sign him would likely be around 11 million. There are going to be more teams interested in him I think than may people expect. he is too healthy and consistent not to demand some interest. A bidding war for his services is apt to exempt the Sox.
    I think the only point in the Soxfavor is Porcello's expressd desire to stay. But he probably isn't so keen on Boston so as take a one year deal here while passing over multiyear offers from other teams...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I think the only point in the Soxfavor is Porcello's expressd desire to stay. But he probably isn't so keen on Boston so as take a one year deal here while passing over multiyear offers from other teams...
    One has to wonder why teams offering him a multi year deal wouldn't also offer a higher 1 year deal, if that's what Porcello is looking for.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    One has to wonder why teams offering him a multi year deal wouldn't also offer a higher 1 year deal, if that's what Porcello is looking for.
    After last year's numbers, I don't see him getting a multi year deal. A one year make good deal of 7M seems fair for his age and numbers. If he loves pitching in Boston, close to where he grew up he might take it. He has made plenty of money already.

I will most remember Rick for his one hitter against the Yankees in 2018 and pitching out of the bullpen in the 2018 playoffs. I also remember how he always answered questions from the media with no excuses. He "GOT IT" when it came to pitching in Boston.

After last year's numbers, I don't see him getting a multi year deal. A one year make good deal of 7M seems fair for his age and numbers. If he loves pitching in Boston, close to where he grew up he might take it. He has made plenty of money already.
    He will get more than that. He will likely get more than $10M/1.
    Sox 4 Ever

Legend
    1 year deals make you a Rental.
    2 year deals makes you tradeable.

I am beginning to believe that the Red Sox have no intention to get below the 208M LT threshold. While the Sox will try to reduce payroll to a degree my sense is that they realize Sox fans will not tolerate a rebuilding team. In pure economic terms I think Henry believes it would cost them more in lost revenues across the full spectrum of their operations including NESN then any luxury tax. I think a part of this calculation is a belief that the new CBA in a few years will totally restructure and possibly eliminate any Luxury Tax.

If this is the case then I don't see any big trades coming