Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM says absolutely no cheating and team will be cleared

JDM says absolutely no cheating and team will be cleared

So now question is why did we fire Cora when he may have been thrown under the bus in Houston ? He wasn’t suspended for Houston right ? So did John can Cora too soon ? Could Cora be back ? I say yes he could .

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    So now question is why did we fire Cora when he may have been thrown under the bus in Houston ? He wasn’t suspended for Houston right ? So did John can Cora too soon ? Could Cora be back ? I say yes he could .
    No chance. He's all over Manfred's official report. The only reason he isn't suspended yet is they're waiting till the Red Sox investigation is over.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    No chance. He's all over Manfred's official report. The only reason he isn't suspended yet is they're waiting till the Red Sox investigation is over.

Could he have been suspended from the Red Sox for what he did in Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Absolutely he could have been. Look the Mets fired Beltran who never managed or coached a game.

That's exactly what they said.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    Absolutely he could have been. Look the Mets fired Beltran who never managed or coached a game.
    Whether or not the Mets fire a player is completely independent of whether or not the league can punish him for transgressions in a previous uniform...

Whether or not the Mets fire a player is completely independent of whether or not the league can punish him for transgressions in a previous uniform...
    The Mets had every right to keep Beltran as manager, he wasn't disciplined by MLB, but he was outed as a cheater and liar, so he was dead in the water as a manager.

Suppose a player, coach or manager gambled on baseball while a member of another team,. I think we all know the answer to that question. The Commissioner's authority to take action in the best interest of baseball is pretty widespread.

Deity
    Suppose a player, coach or manager gambled on baseball while a member of another team,. I think we all know the answer to that question. The Commissioner's authority to take action in the best interest of baseball is pretty widespread.
    Not relevant. The Commissioner didn’t take any action against Beltran...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The Mets had every right to keep Beltran as manager, he wasn't disciplined by MLB, but he was outed as a cheater and liar, so he was dead in the water as a manager.
    Exactly. Which is why he isn’ta good example to my question about whether or not a manager could be punished for cheating on a previous team...

Not relevant. The Commissioner didn’t take any action against Beltran...
    Of course it is relevant, if some players or other involve in management gamble on baseball when members of a previous team and are now with a subsequent team of course the commissioner can suspend or ban. They are placed on the restricted list.

Of course it is relevant, if some players or other involve in management gamble on baseball when members of a previous team and are now with a subsequent team of course the commissioner can suspend or ban. They are placed on the restricted list.
    This is such a shit commissioner and should be sued .I would advise Cora and Beltran and Hinch to file immediately.waaaaay too much gray area on the subject and would never hold up in court .I would demand my client gets immediatele reinstatement until such matters are ironed out .Such a safe space millennial view on this it’s incredibly short sighted .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 01-18-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    This is such a shit commissioner and should be sued .I would advise Cora and Beltran and Hinch to file immediately.
    They would probably lose since Cora and Beltran left by mutual agreement with their respective clubs.

They would probably lose since Cora and Beltran left by mutual agreement with their respective clubs.
    The least you could have done is put 'mutual agreement' in quotes.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    The least you could have done is put 'mutual agreement' in quotes.
    Mutual yeah right