Register now to remove this ad

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: 6/22 vS The Blue Jays

Had to leave after about the 4th or 5th inning assured of a win, given the lead. Came home and didn't look up the score but just read this thread first. Told me all I needed to know. All the answers are self contained.

Relievers who cannot throw strikes are next to worthless. Any reliever exceeding 20 pitches in an inning is treading on really thin ice. Any reliever brought out for a second inning is like tossing dynamite sticks to kids. A reliever who consistently throws curve balls (Barnes/Workman) will not be consistent , low pitch count out getters.

Barnes throwing 36 pitches to get 2 outs is on Barnes first and Cora second. I personally have disliked Barnes as a key reliever for the last 2 seasons. He can post all the numbers you want to support him with but a more gutless wonder I have never followed.. Brasier needs to be studied from the scrap heap he came from, the Japanese League. His contribution last year was like several on this team who played way over their pay grades and won a stunning championship. As Steven A. Smith says, "Happy Birthday, Good Luck, I don't care !".

Just check it out, when the pitch count exceeds 20, the majority of the time the reliever fails. Today was a wasted effort where Brian Johnson gave you a 5 inning gift and then 4 guys in the pen, including Shawaryn blew it big time. Barnes with 2 losses and 5 blown saves, as a veteran reliever, in less than a half season is the primary culprit. Brasier is a nobody and should never be expected to be a winner.
    Last edited by vegasbob; 06-22-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Please spare me all the stats about how great this group of nobodies has been. They are a steaming pile of garbage -- a dollar store scrap heap collection. Games like today' against a 100 loss team have to be locked down. They squandered a 5 run lead despite getting 5 very solid innings from your fill-in 5th starter. Good teams don't do this.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Twins are signing Cody Allen.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Also disabled their instagram accounts. Can only imagine the hate they will get and with good reason. I rather get beat by a hit than two walks. That’s just spineless pitching by brasier.
    Anybody notice how incapable Barnes appears to sustain his performance in back to back stints? Bad enough we don't have more than one guy that can go 2 innings in relief in a stint. We also have guys that appear incapable of sustaining a reasonable performance over stints in back to back stints.

Legend
    Agree on Barnes.
    4-8 with RISP so we can rule that out, right?
    2 disappointing losses in 1 week, cant sustain that with 84 games left in the season.
    Also cannot believe the Sox are 18-18 at home. .500 ball at home wont do it.
    You have to hold leads, that's the bottom line.

That was one of the worst regular season bullpen meltdowns in Red Sox history. Probably Top 5.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Agree on Barnes.
    4-8 with RISP so we can rule that out, right?
    2 disappointing losses in 1 week, cant sustain that with 84 games left in the season.
    Also cannot believe the Sox are 18-18 at home. .500 ball at home wont do it.
    You have to hold leads, that's the bottom line.
    Want one just as telling? Sox are 2-7-1 in series against teams with a a winning record......2 series wins, 7 loses, 1 tie.

Please spare me all the stats about how great this group of nobodies has been. They are a steaming pile of garbage -- a dollar store scrap heap collection. Games like today' against a 100 loss team have to be locked down. They squandered a 5 run lead despite getting 5 very solid innings from your fill-in 5th starter. Good teams don't do this.
    Agreed. And this is all on Dombrowski.

Legend
    Toronto has been playing us tough, next 8 out of 19 games (including today) is against Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Toronto has been playing us tough, next 8 out of 19 games (including today) is against Toronto.
    Toronto has a lousy record and overall weak personnel, but they're trying every game, so they can be a real pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Had to leave after about the 4th or 5th inning assured of a win, given the lead. Came home and didn't look up the score but just read this thread first. Told me all I needed to know. All the answers are self contained.

Relievers who cannot throw strikes are next to worthless. Any reliever exceeding 20 pitches in an inning is treading on really thin ice. Any reliever brought out for a second inning is like tossing dynamite sticks to kids. A reliever who consistently throws curve balls (Barnes/Workman) will not be consistent , low pitch count out getters.

Barnes throwing 36 pitches to get 2 outs is on Barnes first and Cora second. I personally have disliked Barnes as a key reliever for the last 2 seasons. He can post all the numbers you want to support him with but a more gutless wonder I have never followed.. Brasier needs to be studied from the scrap heap he came from, the Japanese League. His contribution last year was like several on this team who played way over their pay grades and won a stunning championship. As Steven A. Smith says, "Happy Birthday, Good Luck, I don't care !".

Just check it out, when the pitch count exceeds 20, the majority of the time the reliever fails. Today was a wasted effort where Brian Johnson gave you a 5 inning gift and then 4 guys in the pen, including Shawaryn blew it big time. Barnes with 2 losses and 5 blown saves, as a veteran reliever, in less than a half season is the primary culprit. Brasier is a nobody and should never be expected to be a winner.
    Well said!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Toronto has a lousy record and overall weak personnel, but they're trying every game, so they can be a real pain in the ass.
    I don’t care how hard they try. They stink! We have to beat these teams. Only consolation is that there’s only one dominant team in the AL right now.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    I don’t care how hard they try. They stink! We have to beat these teams. Only consolation is that there’s only one dominant team in the AL right now.
    Agreed with this. Absolutely no way we should blow a 6 nothing lead to this trash team. Especially after a series win against Minnesota

Major Leaguer oldmaninthevegasdesert's Avatar
    that game made me grumpy....grumpy means a nap for me...in this case dreamland brought me a hot young blond...ready for more punishment today now...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Agreed. And this is all on Dombrowski.
    Yep, but it is still a lot better than watching Benny the Boobs first to last routine.