Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is your playoff 3?

Who is your playoff 3?

Mutt on EEI after your win last night had a good point. Who toes the bump for game 3 in the ALDS? Porcello has been an epic disappointment. Foster offers limited upside and seems to allow runs early. ERod might be the best guy, but his inconsistencies have been concerning as wel. Who do you choose?
    Hal sucks

It's E-Rod by a landslide right now.

Too bad about Fister, he was some people's Game One starter for a short while there LOL

Sale
    Pom
    ERod
    Porcello

I don't think we're winning the series. But I think this is what gives us our best chance.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It's E-Rod by a landslide right now.
    That is insane to choose ERod.

But ERod is who I'd go with too.

Dark times. But we do have super bullpen help.

Mutt was talking about using Price as a piggy back with your #3 to get you guys to the 5th inning

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Mutt was talking about using Price as a piggy back with your #3 to get you guys to the 5th inning
    I could be wrong, but I don't think you would have a schedule when Price comes in. ERod can get in cruise mode, and pulling him while he is cruising wouldn't be the best move.

Having Price ready to go for early inning trouble ifor every starter is how I'd manage that, assuming a win is still possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Having Price ready to go for early inning trouble ifor every starter is how I'd manage that, assuming a win is still possible.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Too bad about Fister, he was some people's Game One starter for a short while there LOL
    Only if the Sox were playing Cleveland.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

All-Star
    E-Rod seems to have a pattern of getting hurt and then being fucked up for a month or so when he gets back, but outside of that he's been fairly reliable. Easy choice for #3 right now, IMO.

Legend
    In 4 starts for Sept. E-Rod has a 1.78 era. Tonight is #5 hope he finishes strong.
    In 5 starts for Sept. Porcello has a 5.93 era.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 09-28-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Mutt on EEI after your win last night had a good point. Who toes the bump for game 3 in the ALDS? Porcello has been an epic disappointment. Foster offers limited upside and seems to allow runs early. ERod might be the best guy, but his inconsistencies have been concerning as wel. Who do you choose?
    I will take his inconsistencies any day over Porcello's.... When Porcello has a bad game he absolutely destroys our chances. Guy can't go more than 5 innings lately without giving up 5 or 6 runs plus. E-Rod's last start he actually looked very very good. I can't see anyone getting the third spot over him. He is young and will have the playoff jitters but I feel much safer with him than a Porcello at this point.

Legend
    By the way Tanaka for the Yanks in 4 starts in Sept. has a 6.46 era, I think he goes tonight. He's the Yanks Porcello. Instead of hitting Porcello's, you get a lot of Tanaka's in NY.
    Edit: Tanaka goes Friday, Blue Jays should hit a lot of Tanaka's.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 09-28-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Tanaka is our #4 starter, maybe. Jordan Montgomery has been great in September, so he is in the mix
    Hal sucks

Legend
    Montgomery has been good, are they watching his innings now?