Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Talksox Fantasy Baseball 2016

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Stressful? You teach math, but Fantasy Baseball causes you stress?
    The math of fantasy baseball doesn't cause me stress.

What causes me stress is having enough time to do a good job with it. Contrary to what you say, it takes more time than just the few minutes each day to set your lineup. Just setting your lineup takes more than just a few minutes each day. That doesn't include the other stuff you have to do. Sure, you could get by with the bare minimum of just setting your lineup daily, but that's not likely to win you a championship.

For someone who is not working, that might not be an issue. For someone who is working and can't access these sites at work, then has to come home and take care of her family and her home, it is.

Even with somebody who has 3 months off in the best part of the season?
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Three months off from some duties as a teacher but parenting and home ownership are pretty significant responsibilities.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The math of fantasy baseball doesn't cause me stress.

What causes me stress is having enough time to do a good job with it. Contrary to what you say, it takes more time than just the few minutes each day to set your lineup. Just setting your lineup takes more than just a few minutes each day. That doesn't include the other stuff you have to do. Sure, you could get by with the bare minimum of just setting your lineup daily, but that's not likely to win you a championship.

For someone who is not working, that might not be an issue. For someone who is working and can't access these sites at work, then has to come home and take care of her family and her home, it is.
    I have won quite a few championships throughout the years in several leagues, and it has never been a lot of work and it has always been fun. I have only been retired for one year, so I have been doing this while working full time and no summers off. You just don't want to take on the King of TalkSox for fear of humiliation.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 01-08-2017 at 02:50 PM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Even with somebody who has 3 months off in the best part of the season?
    To set the record straight, I don't have 3 months off. I have 10 weeks off. Not that it matters, but I want to point that out.

I don't get off until approximately June 16th. By then, we are 2 1/2 months into the season. The season is almost half over. I go back to work during the last week of August. There is a full month plus of baseball after that. Even though I have time off in the summer, that doesn't help me much with the fantasy season.

To set the record straight, I don't have 3 months off. I have 10 weeks off. Not that it matters, but I want to point that out.

I don't get off until approximately June 16th. By then, we are 2 1/2 months into the season. The season is almost half over. I go back to work during the last week of August. There is a full month plus of baseball after that. Even though I have time off in the summer, that doesn't help me much with the fantasy season.
    You have been called out. Everyone in the league works and is busy. No excuses.

Moon, you are being called out too. You spend a lot of time posting and researching, so I expect you to take up the challenge.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I have won quite a few championships throughout the years in several leagues, and it has never been a lot of work and it has always been fun. I have only been retired for one year, so I have been doing this while working full time and no summers off. You just don't want to take on the King of TalkSox for fear of humiliation.
    It makes a big difference that I can't access the fantasy sites during work. It also makes a big difference that when I get home from work, I have 2 kids to take care of. They are older, but they still need my time and attention.

As I said, I played up until last year. I did quite well in most leagues, even with the limited time that I had, but it was stressful and frustrating for me. It's too bad if you can't understand that.

As far as your 'coward' and 'fear of humiliation' statements, what are you, in junior high? That doesn't work on adults.

You have been called out. Everyone in the league works and is busy. No excuses.

Moon, you are being called out too. You spend a lot of time posting and researching, so I expect you to take up the challenge.
    If I were going to play again, I'd play in the league I played in up until last year.

I like to have some competition when I play.

It makes a big difference that I can't access the fantasy sites during work. It also makes a big difference that when I get home from work, I have 2 kids to take care of. They are older, but they still need my time and attention.

As I said, I played up until last year. I did quite well in most leagues, even with the limited time that I had, but it was stressful and frustrating for me. It's too bad if you can't understand that.

As far as your 'coward' and 'fear of humiliation' statements, what are you, in junior high? That doesn't work on adults.
    Blah, blah, blah. The challenge has been issued, and you turned away.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 01-08-2017 at 07:03 PM.

If I were going to play again, I'd play in the league I played in up until last year.

I like to have some competition when I play.
    Adam, she thinks she could dethrone you.

Adam, she thinks she could dethrone you.
    Anybody can dethrone me. It's all about luck and just a little bit of skill. I've been blessed in the injury department.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Anybody can dethrone me. It's all about luck and just a little bit of skill. I've been blessed in the injury department.
    A lot of it is luck, but you are being humble. You had a kick ass team the last 2 years. Fantasy baseball is definitely fun and it doesn't take a lot of time out of the day.

Moon, will you accept the challenge?

Moon, will you accept the challenge?
    Maybe next year.

I'm not into getting involved in non Sox players' production and projection.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Three months off from some duties as a teacher but parenting and home ownership are pretty significant responsibilities.
    I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")