2) Betts
    3) JD
    4) Moreland
    5) Bogey
    6) Devers
    7) Holt
    8) JBJ
    9) Leon/Vazq

if/when Moreland cools off, I'd move him to 5 or 6 and have Bogey/Devers 4/5.

I think Betts needs to be in the 2 spot. Give him more opportunities with a higher OBP guy in front of him then the trash 6-9 and a chance to get a 2-run shot in the 1st rather than just a solo shot. With Beni, high OBP, has doubles power, good runner to so you don't worry about clogging the bases.

JD should hit 3rd. He should get as many ABs as possible behind Betts. Then 4-6 can morph a bit maybe depending on whos hot. So for now it's Moreland-Bogey-Devers.

Moreland will cool off. Betts will too. Betts isn’t Bonds. Moreland isn’t JD. Someone will have to pick it up

Legend
    Benintendi has been good all season - even when he struggled the at-bats were good. Now the contact is catching up. He's gotta be an All-Star this year.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Moreland will cool off. Betts will too. Betts isn’t Bonds. Moreland isn’t JD. Someone will have to pick it up
    The question with Moreland is how the Red Sox platoon with him. This won't last - but between what he does offer and Travis, Swihart, whatever ... there is still the chance for a very high quality 1B product.

Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    The question with Moreland is how the Red Sox platoon with him. This won't last - but between what he does offer and Travis, Swihart, whatever ... there is still the chance for a very high quality 1B product.
    We really don't have a good platoon match for Moreland. They all hit righties better.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    We really don't have a good platoon match for Moreland. They all hit righties better.
    It is the difference between hitting lefties a little vs "none at all". Most lefty splits are going to be SSS anyway.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He might be covered in a platoon very nicely by Travis and Swihart. Thankfully Cora tends to believe that if you are decent hitter, you ought to be able to hit both lefties and righties.
    I loved the contact Swihart made last night against a very good arm. Two solid rips basically up the middle.
    As for Sam Travis, I'm not ready to let his Pawtucket stats of this spring influence me much. He is a lot better than that. Being injured had a lot to do with his poor production.
    Bet you had fun the last couple of nights.

Check out the stats for the last 30 games.... frightening!

Beni is the only guy over .300.

27 games. .317 avg. 8 HR's, 20 rbi's l.062 ops

Who's next?
    2. Sandy .273
    3. Nunez .272
    4. Bogie .264. 6hr's 19 rbi's
    5. JDM. .263
    6. Mooreland. .261
    7. Betts. .260
    8. Holt. .259
    9. Vaz. .246
    10. Devers. .220
    11. JBJ of course! .188
    12. Swi. .158

Beni has become the All-Star I thought he would! Let's hope he keeps it up!!! He's carrying this team!

If our guys don't get it back on track, this team is going to be 1 & done in a Wild Card 1 off.

Gotta make a more by the deadline. We desperately need a spark!

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post

Who's next?
    2. Sandy .273
    3. Nunez .272
    5. JDM. .263
    6. Mooreland. .261
    7. Betts. .260
    8. Holt. .259
    9. Vaz. .246
    10. Devers. .220
    11. JBJ of course! .188
    12. Swi. .158

Beni has become the All-Star I thought he would! Let's hope he keeps it up!!! He's carrying this team!

If our guys don't get it back on track, this team is going to be 1 & done in a Wild Card 1 off.

The good news is that Mookie looks like he's really back now. That could be the spark right there.

Following the idea that if the season ended right now, and the Red Sox were, in fact, a wild card, who would pitch that game ? Assume the rotation the last week allowed you free choice of anyone on the staff.

If you say Sale, I feel bad for the fans and team, because they will lose 1-0. Best shot in a one game playoff. Start Brian Johnson for 2 innings followed by Wright, Workman, Velazquez, Barnes, Kelly and Kimbrel.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Following the idea that if the season ended right now, and the Red Sox were, in fact, a wild card, who would pitch that game ? Assume the rotation the last week allowed you free choice of anyone on the staff.

If you say Sale, I feel bad for the fans and team, because they will lose 1-0. Best shot in a one game playoff. Start Brian Johnson for 2 innings followed by Wright, Workman, Velazquez, Barnes, Kelly and Kimbrel.
    You would start Johnson, seriously? I like him, but he would seem one of the most likely guys to put us in a deep hole to start the game.

The strength and true depth of this team is starting pitching so in a one game scenario you are going to go with a failed starter? Joe McCarthy lives.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

If you're a big believer in run support and good luck, you should go with E-Rod. The team has averaged 6.81 runs in his starts and they are 13-1 in his starts.

Benintendi has a monster game to help us overcome wright’s Weak start.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post

Who's next?
    2. Sandy .273
    3. Nunez .272
    5. JDM. .263
    6. Mooreland. .261
    7. Betts. .260
    8. Holt. .259
    9. Vaz. .246
    10. Devers. .220
    11. JBJ of course! .188
    12. Swi. .158

Hitters don't typically stay hot all season long. They typically also don't slump all season long. What you hope for is that when one player cools off, another heats up to help carry the team. As I said elsewhere, I'm really not concerned with our offense.