Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I had a professor last year who would completely ignore emails altogether if they did not follow proper email etiquette. But, he also never responded to most emails in general. He would wait to see you in class and then walk up to you to discuss the issue. Most of the times it would be moot by then anyway. I loved him as a professor and his class, but the one time it annoyed me was when I got to miss an exam because we had a Friday night football game. He told me to send me an email to remind him and confirm that I wouldn't attend, but then he didn't respond, so I was a little unsure if he actually got it or not
    It's a terrible feeling wondering if a person ever received your message or not. In the virtual setting, my students have had to submit much of their work to me via email or another messenger platform. I respond every single time with a 'thank you', just to let the student know it was received.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Owner, COO and CFO all don't talk to each other at my company. The Owner skips all management meetings and only communicates via text. The CFO is scared of the COO and doesn't talk to the owner about money. The COO does what he wants when he wants.

Company culture is great, thanks for asking.
    Sounds like a recipe for success.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Imagine if I did not respond to an email from one of these administrators...
    That's what bugs me the most. They expect total professionalism from us teachers, and I give that always, but they don't walk the walk.

Hence the grinding gears, where none need to be ground.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    That's what bugs me the most. They expect total professionalism from us teachers, and I give that always, but they don't walk the walk.

Hence the grinding gears, where none need to be ground.
    Exactly.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    The problem with these threads is that they become very repetitive . I hate it when people repeat themselves . I hate it when people repeat themselves. I hate it when people repeat themselves.
    You must love Chris Berman's calls of the HR Derby.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

This past fall, I became a vegan. Some days my body does not cooperate with the vast helpings of beans that I eat

Shin splints. I played sports throughout high school (basketball and baseball), but was never really a big time runner. However, recently I began exercising more, running; walking, pickup soccer games, etc. I was averaging about 10 miles per day walked or ran, then last Friday I woke up with this awful pain in my left shin. Like it felt excruciatingly bad. I did a virtual doctor visit and quickly figured out it was shin splints, but man did that shit hurt. After three days of icing and resting I feel okay again, and I did a lot of research on how to prevent this from happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Shin splints. I played sports throughout high school (basketball and baseball), but was never really a big time runner. However, recently I began exercising more, running; walking, pickup soccer games, etc. I was averaging about 10 miles per day walked or ran, then last Friday I woke up with this awful pain in my left shin. Like it felt excruciatingly bad. I did a virtual doctor visit and quickly figured out it was shin splints, but man did that shit hurt. After three days of icing and resting I feel okay again, and I did a lot of research on how to prevent this from happening again.
    You’ll never get them from sitting.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I am an avid runner, and I run outside 12 months out of the year, which is not conducive to warding off shin splits. I also run on my tip toes; my heel isn't on the ground very long, if at all. It's a miracle I've never suffered from shin splints. My doctors keep telling me that I'm going to have to alter how I run in about 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I am an avid runner, and I run outside 12 months out of the year, which is not conducive to warding off shin splits. I also run on my tip toes; my heel isn't on the ground very long, if at all. It's a miracle I've never suffered from shin splints. My doctors keep telling me that I'm going to have to alter how I run in about 10 years.
    Yeah I was basically told that I got them because I was exercising too much. I know quite a few friends who ran track in HS/College and they told me they're very common, but they are pretty easy to prevent. I've been really bored because my work has been impacted by COVID and I'm someone who likes doing something, whether it be going out with friends, exercising, sports, working, I need something and since there isn't many options due to COVID Ive decided to exercise a lot. I'm gonna try new shoes and stretching more I guess. Even though the shin splints didn't last long, its been about three days and I feel fine now, when they first started they hurt like a bitch and I don't want that for any period of time again lol.

I guess if you've been running year round for years though and you've avoided them, there probably isn't reason for you to change anything.

Yeah I was basically told that I got them because I was exercising too much. I know quite a few friends who ran track in HS/College and they told me they're very common, but they are pretty easy to prevent. I've been really bored because my work has been impacted by COVID and I'm someone who likes doing something, whether it be going out with friends, exercising, sports, working, I need something and since there isn't many options due to COVID Ive decided to exercise a lot. I'm gonna try new shoes and stretching more I guess. Even though the shin splints didn't last long, its been about three days and I feel fine now, when they first started they hurt like a bitch and I don't want that for any period of time again lol.

I guess if you've been running year round for years though and you've avoided them, there probably isn't reason for you to change anything.
    I took to biking 20-30 miles a day. The only issue is, you really shouldn't do it when there is a ton of snow on the ground, so I have been sidelined for the last month or so
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I took to biking 20-30 miles a day. The only issue is, you really shouldn't do it when there is a ton of snow on the ground, so I have been sidelined for the last month or so
    I actually wanted to start biking more too, but yeah the weather has been absolutely brutal this winter. I haven’t gotten this much ice or snow storms in Maryland in years.

Not only did they ruin my childhood in 1986, but I got bumped from my meeting with the County Administrator by the NY freakin' Mets.

What the hell, Mets?
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

All the sales weasels are in the office today, so I'm stuck listening to all their nonsense.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    All the sales weasels are in the office today, so I'm stuck listening to all their nonsense.
    But you're back in the office!!