Register now to remove this ad

Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Prospect Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He probably deserves a promotion, but we have Travis at 1B, Olt at 3B and Lind at 1B/DH there.
    Sam Travis sucks. Demote him to AA or put him in LF.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Does Durbin Feltman make an appearance in Sept?
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Chavis with his first portland tater today!

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    I can not get on board with use my a first round pick on a guy that needs to be retooled. That makes no sense to me.
    It was a late first round pick, guys with that type of value get picked there all the time. If you want a college arm that doesn't need to be tinkered with and has starter potential you need to be in the top 1/2 of the draft.

But you got a guy with a very live arm, two potential plus pitches, a floor of a high leverage reliever with the chance to be starter I'll get on board with that every time for where they took him. There's always a level of risk reward with every pick in every draft. Heck if we lived in a perfect world, Mike Trout would have been drafted #1 but there's a level of risk/reward associated with every pick.

My issue, is I think the Red Sox may wait too long to move some guys to the bullpen when it seems they're destined for that move to begin with.

Legend
    Not a good night for Houck, was hoping for a good game against a tough Opponent. As Fans its important we notice the competition these kids face in the Minors, otherwise you might get padded and false stats.
    Not worried about all stats with these kids. Looking at progress, best way to evaluate that is against the better teams.
    For Pitchers, I look at innings pitch, to hits allowed, BB's and HRS allowed, then ERA. W-L means nothing, in the Minors. Many good pitchers play on bad teams.

Legend
    Next start for Houck he faces another good team, Blues Creek, then 1 start later he faces Winston-Salem again.

Time to start paying some serious attention to Josh Ockimey, if you haven't already. He's on the verge of earning himself a promotion to Pawtucket, and as we all know, once a prospect is in Pawtucket the team starts eyeing them for promotion to the big leagues. He seems like a line drive hitter who'll take some walks, and he's taken some steps forward with his power this year. We may see him starting to compete for starting time over the next 2 seasons with our incumbent first basemen.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

It seems 1b's don't get the love they should if they don't hit 30+HRs. Ockimey is hitting for good enough power and walking at a high clip. He's probably your best prospect right now in terms of offensive output
    Hal sucks

Legend
    So far Chavis has 32 at bats (Lowell and Portland), with 14 K's, this tells you how far out of whack he is. 80 games this year really is going to set him back. He got 7 weeks to get his stroke back. Main thing cut down on the K's.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-14-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Sam Travis sucks. Demote him to AA or put him in LF.
    It could just an off year, but I'd be fine with this move right now.

Legend
    Going back to that Kimbrel Trade this is the kid that might be the difference maker in that one.
    http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...iaax_1&t=g_box

Only 21 years old too. And just turned it.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-14-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Going back to that Kimbrel Trade this is the kid that might be the difference maker in that one.
    http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...iaax_1&t=g_box

Only 21 years old too. And just turned it.
    Of all the guys that DD traded, he is the only one that I see as someone who could haunt us down the road, and he is still a couple of years away. If he becomes a CyYoung winner in 2024, the trade in 2015 was still worth it.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Gcl Sox won 1 to 0 today. Howlett is an 18 year old 3b and he scored the one run. He is now hitting .317 on the year.

Legend
    Phillips got promoted to Pawtucket today.

Legend
    #22 For Dalbec tonight, he is hot. He has also made an error, his 16th of the season, at 3rd base.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-14-2018 at 06:36 PM.