Register now to remove this ad

Page 125 of 264 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3951

Thread: A Realistic View at 2022: Part II

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    A better question: How many years is John Henry willing to give Hang' em Chaim?
    Maybe as much as Ben, but I hope 1 more, at least.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

14 of next 17 games at Fenway, including a five game series versus Orioles.

I'll say it, if we come out with a losing record, it's over.
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'm guessing 2- maybe 3.
    Why would eovaldi sign for anything less than 4 years since other teams would surely give that to him?

Maybe as much as Ben, but I hope 1 more, at least.
    Hang’em Chaim and henry had to come to some type of understanding as to the severity of the rebuild, my guess is Hang’em Chaim expected 2022 to regress. 2023 we must start showing signs of a dominant roster.

You don’t lose Renfroe and Schwarber from your lineup, upgrade only one other spot and expect to be better. You don’t subtract ERod and expect to be better. You don’t ignore the pen and expect to be better. Bloom orchestrated this downfall. There’s a plan here that organizational leadership is keeping the fans in the dark about

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    You don’t lose Renfroe and Schwarber from your lineup, upgrade only one other spot and expect to be better. You don’t subtract ERod and expect to be better. You don’t ignore the pen and expect to be better. Bloom orchestrated this downfall. There’s a plan here that organizational leadership is keeping the fans in the dark about
    E Rod 1-2 3.72 ERA 1.19 WHIT .214 AVG
    R Hill 3-0 1.38 ERA 0.92 WHIT .148 AVG
    Wacha 1-1 2.89 ERA 1.11 WHIT .229 AVG

I think we have E Rod covered....

Barnes was the closer (Bloom had his fingers crossed). Picked up Dieckman and Strahm. Returned Robles. We only lost Yankee castfoff Ottavino. His WHIP is 1.42, probably still having issues with his command.

I will give you Renfroe only because of his 9 HR.

Schwarber was not on our roster last APRIL/MAY. Not comparing apples to apples. Let's wait and see who the Sox add at All Star break.
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Why would eovaldi sign for anything less than 4 years since other teams would surely give that to him?
    Where did I say he'd take 2-3 years?

The question was how many years will Bloom offer. I gave my opinion.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Barnes was the closer (Bloom had his fingers crossed). Picked up Dieckman and Strahm. Returned Robles. We only lost Yankee castfoff Ottavino. His WHIP is 1.42, probably still having issues with his command.

Schwarber was not on our roster last APRIL/MAY. Not comparing apples to apples. Let's wait and see who the Sox add at All Star break.
    Good rebuttal.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Hang’em Chaim and henry had to come to some type of understanding as to the severity of the rebuild, my guess is Hang’em Chaim expected 2022 to regress. 2023 we must start showing signs of a dominant roster.
    That's what I thought all along. The massive roster turnover to build a deeper 40 man roster was supposed to preclude the major overhaul at the top this coming winter.

The success of the 2021 kinda got in the way of perhaps a planned fire sale in 2021 and or 2022.

We may still see one, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Funny, you were praising Bloom all winter.

It's not like he did nothing. He added Paxton, Wach and Hill to replace ERod.

He did not ignore the pen: he added Robles and Davis in the summer of '21 and Stahm & Diekman this past winter. Maybe it did not works, so well, but it's hardly ignoring the pen.

I do agree, the full plan is not being told, but I think Bloom & Co. thought we could be exciting enough to keep the fans happy, this year. So far, it hasn't worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

I saw this after my post. Good job, Nick.

Deity

He did not ignore the pen: he added Robles and Davis in the summer of '21 and Stahm & Diekman this past winter. Maybe it did not works, so well, but it's hardly ignoring the pen.

I do agree, the full plan is not being told, but I think Bloom & Co. thought we could be exciting enough to keep the fans happy, this year. So far, it hasn't worked.
    Jacko is now chastising Bloom for the exact reasons he used to praise him. Apparently he is a Closeted Sox Fan…

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Jacko is now chastising Bloom for the exact reasons he used to praise him. Apparently he is a Closeted Sox Fan…
    I do think he's right about Bloom having a hidden agenda, but all GMs keep many secrets.

Do you think Hang’em Chaim was as blindsided by the offensive collapse as the rest of us were?

I had the feeling Henry did not trust Ben to make the big moves he knew were needed and coming up quickly. After the Pablo & HRam signings, it was understandable.

I say this, because I wonder if Henry feels the same about Bloom. Although Bloom has made some good moves like Whitlock, Renfroe, Wacha, Hill, Strahm, Schwarber, Iggy, Shaw I and a others, his biggest contracts have not faired well (Richards, Perez I, Perez II, or the jury is still out on some (Story, Paxton & Kike). Then, the deals more about prospects & money: JBJ, Ottavino & Beni.

I'm not thinking Henry is ready to find the next DD, but I think the choices Bloom makes this winter may make of break his tenure, here.